[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Do I HAVE to have a website to shill for Amazon? (affiliate shit)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Do I HAVE to have a website to shill for Amazon? (affiliate shit) I dont see a skip button in the registration.

If I have to have a site, does it count if I make a free, shitty weebly site with just a title page?
>>
>>1720599
bump
>>
>>1720599
>Do I HAVE to have a website to shill for Amazon? (affiliate shit) I dont see a skip button in the registration.
Yup.

>If I have to have a site, does it count if I make a free, shitty weebly site with just a title page?
You'll get auto-approved for a "probation account" or something similar; they let you set up links, banner ads, etc. You'll have full access to all the Associates stuff, but they don't actually verify your eligibility until you make your first sale. Which means, you could go through the hassle and expense of setting up a website and finally make your first referral, then they close your account because of their extremely arbitrary, and in many cases, non-public policies.

Pro tip: read the operating agreement and make sure you comply with everything. That covers probably 90% of their policies, the other 10% are literally kept secret; you'll just get an email "We closed your account because you did not follow our policies" with no explanation if you break one of the other rules.

Pro tip 2: It's not listed anywhere in their policies but if you put a YouTube channel as your website, even though YouTube is totally okay in their book, your account will get deleted if you have fewer than "about" 500 subscribers.

Pro tip 3: It'd be a really, really good idea to have multiple income streams other than Amazon Associates because they will literally just delete your account for no reason whatsoever, whether you're a tiny shitty blog or someone like LinusTechTips on YouTube with three and a half million subscribers. Yup. He got booted from Amazon this last summer because of some super fucking specific rule that isn't listed anywhere in their policies.
>>
>>1720876
Damn, that sucks that theyre so volitile. I just wanted to be able to create shill links for when I see people asking for a product recomendation.

Thanks a ton for the detailed reply though.
>>
>>1720876

WTF i hate amazon now
>>
>>1720897
Like I said, best thing you can do is 1) read their operating agreement and 2) research, research, and more research. Good luck anon.

>>1720907
I do too and if they weren't a multi-billion dollar company I'd love to crush them, but they practically own online sales and there just aren't any other real options for affiliate sales outside of extremely specific niches like photography.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.