[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biz, britbong here. I currently have a few hundred pounds going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 80334_10411180_lz.jpg (289KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
80334_10411180_lz.jpg
289KB, 597x600px
Biz, britbong here.

I currently have a few hundred pounds going into a savings account every month but rather than having it sit there I want to start trading stock with it. Can anyone recommend me any brokers? I'm interested in some mid to long term investments. Also any general advice when picking a broker.
>>
>>1720390
For fucks sake don't just buy stocks willy nilly.

Literally just dump your savings into a vanguard fund for the next 30 years. A simple fucking google search will show you this.
>>
>>1720396

That sounds boring as fuck, i want to actually do something. I don't mind if its not 3 billion % returns
>>
>>1720396

Also they're structured in the US, im pretty sure Trumps gonna dick all over whatever market advantage that gives them.
>>
>>1720419
Bruh a Vanguard s&p fund will net you much more than trying to guess on what sexy stock of the day is going up 100%.

Why even come here if you won't listen to the fucking advice?
>>
>>1720396
>just dump your savings into a vanguard
can't just simply do that if you are uro
>>
>>1720444

What's uro?
>>
>>1720716
He means Euro

Still, tracker funds are solid advice. Ever heard of the "3 fund portfolio"? It's a domestic all-market tracker, a rest-of-world all-market tracker, and a domestic bond fund. That's it.

If you just want to have fun and pick stocks, please be aware that with the three-digit sums you're talking, dealing and platform fees are likely to eclipse any gains you make. Regular investment into funds is generally the cheapest option (but fun funds do exist). Look at places like hargreaves lansdown and iii.com.
>>
>>1720390
>britbong
>trading stock
As far as I know, you're kinda fucked for stock. Your Stamp Duty tax will screw you out of most of your profits, because it's based on the value of your buy (or sell, I can't remember which), rather than your profit on the trade.It's the same thing that batshit crazy loon Sanders tried to do here, except he wanted to make it double what you guys pay.
This is also why most Brits who trade do so with CFD's instead of stock.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.