[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in my early twenties and about to graduate as an electrical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: rich.jpg (515KB, 1200x808px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
515KB, 1200x808px
I'm in my early twenties and about to graduate as an electrical engineer. What can I do to be as wealthy as possible. I have zero knowledge on stocks, investments, or saving money. I'm going to assume I get a semi-decent job because of my degree, but what can I do to be rich as fuck
>>
bet on donald trump winning the presidential election again in 2020
>>
>>1720361
gtfo fag
>>
>>1720361
Chances are you'll never be "fuck you rich", if you haven't already invented a novel service or product.

You do have a few options available to you, though.

1) Invest the maximum allowable 18k into your 401k, each year.
2) Save 20% of your income and invest in in a Vanguard S&P fund.
3) Buy rental properties and snowball into more and more rental properties for faster income.

The above options will 1) allow you to retire by likely 40 2) provide a passive income.

You will not be Zuckerberg rich or Hollywood celebrity rich. But at least you'll have ~5m by 40. You can live off that for 20 years until you use your 401k for more passive income.
>>
Mutual funds, try vanguard
>>
>>1720364
>just costs 18k a year to invest in this government scam!
>TRUST ME SENPAI I KNOW WHAT I'M YALKING ABOUT
>>
>>1720366
>>Tax free savings
>> gubmint scam

Alright cleetus, where's your savings?
>>
>>1720361

Spend 7% less save/invest 7 % more. For years. Then die grabbing the sheets sweating to death because it still won't save you.
>>
As soon as you establish decent income, and perhaps even before that, stop purchasing things you dont need. Rationalize.
Quit soda, candy, and sweets all together. Head for solid foods every time, and cook your own meals and make your own lunch for each and every day. It takes an effort, but you will save loads of money on the long run.
>>
>>1720361
Dont spend if you dont have to, you should be fine at minimum wage even desu,
get connections get good pay,
suck corporate cock,
get laid off
use that as experience and go somewhere better
>>
Silver and bitcoins
>>
>>1720361
Max out 401k contributions and

B U Y T H E D I P
U
Y
T
H
E
D
I
P
>>
>>1720369
This too.

You need to start thinking of your savings as a monthly bill that is simply something you cannot change, like rent.

Also, try to get a mortgage/house as soon as possible. Rent is literally burning money. Even with the interest on a mortgage, you're investing in an asset. Pay down the mortgage much faster to decrease interest costs.
>>
>>1720368
Japs are a grim people
>>
>>1720361
Saving money is stupid. You just need another inflation and you will lose everything. Educate yourself on investment and make use of it. You don't have to be a stock broker or anything but make sure your money is never just inside a bank. Money must always work.

t. Banker
>>
>>1720374
They live in the realm of darkness, what did you expect.
>>
>>1720375
You need at least 6 months income in liquidity. So yes, invest, but have enough to pay rent and necessities if you lose your job. Withdrawing from an investment fund or brokerage early can cost you in fees and taxes.
>>
>>1720375
well german banker, any books you care to recommend on investing?
>>
>>1720361
Don't be like the retards at /biz/ that buy high volatility stocks on margin. Start a few IRAs structured around an index of some type and forget about them till retirement. Compound interest does wonders
>>
>>1720374
I like this post alot
>>
Get a 5% down first time home buyer loan to buy a duplex in the best area of town you can afford. Live on one side and rent out the other.
>>
>>1720379
I agree with this, but I would say you shouldn't be afraid to bet a little bit of money on a sure thing, every once in a while.

For example, buying Nintendo when Pokego came out, I made 13k.
>>
>>1720382
Assuming of course you can afford to do so without causing financial hardship.
>>
>>1720361
Buy silver, lots of it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.