[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WhQ v77PW8 It's offici

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WhQv77PW8

It's official, $2000 per million views

Hmmmmmmm
>>
There's a ton of variables though. Video lenght, viewer retention and ad clicks to name a few. The income is also a lot in December and almost nothing in January because of seasonal advertising.

Best way to make dough on youtube is using something like Patreon, since you have a more guaranteed income.
>>
>>1717448
I thought it was $1 for every 1000 views, more or less, changing because of stuff like >>1717468.
>>
That's only add rev though. When you get at about 50,000 subs, companies start to ask you to use/review/advertise stuff for them in exchange for money. Atleast that's what I heard.
>>
>>1717904
Depends on advertisers and sponsors
>>
>>1717916
Also youtube channels getting bought out by companies and putting the personality on a salary
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73wXF8IF-8&ab_channel=LinusTechTips

This is an interesting video too. He breaks down how Linus Tech makes money via youtube. A big channel with 3,5 million subs which reviews mostly computer hardware.
>>
Keep it over 10 mins and its correct
>>
>>1718237
I make some joke videos that are like 30 seconds. Does this really increase the income? What about viewer retention? Aren't the audiences more likely to sit through a shorter video? How are you supposed to make something enjoyable for more than 10 minutes and upload every day?
>>
>>1718300
Wouldn't splitting it into a part 1 & 2 at 5 minutes each, double your viewing figures?
>>
File: 1451427936491.png (518KB, 600x890px) Image search: [Google]
1451427936491.png
518KB, 600x890px
>>1718300
ASMR videos are the key:

The viewer falls asleep whilst watching and thus watches the entire length of the video.

Sometimes they can be an hour long
>>
>>1717448
I got $300 from them one time and used that for BTC and in turn it rised up to $908
>>
>>1718310
No but I mean my videos are literally 30 seconds or less. I can't really be funny for 10 minutes.

>>1718313
I'm not good at that kind of stuff. My voice isn't ASMR-worthy.
>>
>>1718396
No, but that's my point.
I can't see any advantage to making them longer,
If YouTube pays on views.
>>
>>1718396
you can place ads throughout the video if its 10+ min long
>>
>>1718462
It's weird though, I've seen videos that are exactly 10 minutes long and they only have one ad. It was obvious that they were stretching for 10 minutes too.
>>
>>1718544
I can't remember the details, but YouTube did switch over to view *time* rather than view *count* sometime within the last few years. Obviously it had something to do with advertising profits.

Anyway, to be clear: view time is what matters now, not view count.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.