[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince the bank to give me a loan to start a business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: itsabitnutty.jpg (27KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
itsabitnutty.jpg
27KB, 450x252px
How do I convince the bank to give me a loan to start a business?
>>
gib lon plx
>>
>>1714621

>wear yamulke
>show them joo tattoo
>approved
>>
>>1714621
1. Have excellent credit.
2. Own significant assets that can be offered as collateral, houses, business equity, whatever.
3. Have a 20% down payment seasoned and in hand.
4. Have experience running a business in the field you're applying for. Lots of experience.
5. Have a list of assets the loan will be spent on that the bank can secure as collateral. Office space, industrial equipment, inventory, fleet vehicles, whatever.
6. Have a written business plan that doesn't look like a toddler drew it up in crayon.
7. Have former or current successful businesses you owned and can point to as proof you're not a complete idiot or even worse, and idea guy.

Banks aren't in the business of underwriting the risks of starting a new business. They want solid assets they can auction off when you fail.

Unfortunately the sorts of people they want to give business loans to don't generally need them.
>>
>>1714690
Where should an entrepreneur seek funding, assuming they have a solid business plan?
>>
>>1714781
in the us pretty much any bank can help you apply for an SBA loan.

you need more than a business plan though.
You seriously need all 7 of the things I listed and even then there's a decent chance you'll be turned down.
>>
>>1714781
you can also try pitching to venture capitalists, but they're not going to hand out money just for a kid with a business plan.

With VC you pretty much need experience. Past performance.
>>
>>1714791
To add on, you can get away in the angel world with just a plan and proof of concept. Such as a prototype.
>>
>>1714621
Cry some tears
>>
>>1714690
That is some very solid advice! To add:

8. Have a numbers guy. Banks/Investors love someone who speaks their language and sounds like he understands what it means to make a solid budget and do some fierce controlling. Better yet: Present a full team that compensates for each other's weaknesses (the leader, the expert, the numbers guy, the sales guy, etc).
9. Have references and a helpful network. If your uncle is a lawyer, definitely bring that up.
>>
>>1714781
p2p loans exploded in the last decade
they seem to fund anyone, often without much security since its not their own capital at risk
>>
>>1714623
>
fpbp
>>
Overwhelming collateral is the most important. Example: A $200,000 house for a $20,000 loan. I've seen people with bad credit get a loan such as $20,000 with the collateral of a $200,000 house.
>>
File: Business_plan.jpg (73KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Business_plan.jpg
73KB, 800x531px
>>1714621
you need a graph
>>
File: 1483507981652.gif (1MB, 412x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483507981652.gif
1MB, 412x384px
>borrowing money form the banks
>>
File: 1482807700932.gif (21KB, 618x894px) Image search: [Google]
1482807700932.gif
21KB, 618x894px
>>1718139
You must be retarded.
It's called leverage ya dumgus.
>>
>>1718173
>>
>>1718201
Oh look, the worst goddamn Fed chair in the last 50 years, Ben Bukkake.
>>
>>1717515

I own two apartments in a shitty part of town that might be worth around 150k, I have 35k in the bank and want to get a 65k loan to buy a small studio in an area I'm sure it will start gentrifying soon to rent it through aibnb, I have a pretty bad credit score but no debts, do you think I will be able to secure that loan?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.