[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/the -european-union-wants-to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bitcoin-2016-price.jpg (22KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-2016-price.jpg
22KB, 225x225px
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/the-european-union-wants-to-identify-bitcoin-users/

>EU wants to identify bitcoin users

is this a good or bad thing? will it cause a glut of sells in the coming months?

what else is planned for 2017 regarding bitcoin? colombia recently banned it, anyone else?
>>
I don't think it will matter as you can easily distance the Bitcoins from your identity
>>
>>1699996
Hahahaha
Don't they have expert that tell them that cryptos don't work that way?

Go to localbitcoins
Oh shit everyone there is a government agent

And who would have thought letting criminals in your country would be just an excuse to establish a police state
>>
>>1699996
Pointless government rambling.

If you use a KYC/AML exchange you should already assume the government has a full history of your transactions.

Otherwise, however, government is powerful to "identify bitcoin users". The idea of wallets (open source software applications) being required to "report suspicious activity" is hilarious.

Government cucks BTFO.

Nocoiners on suicide watch.
>>
>>1700007
*powerless
>>
>>1700009
Also pointless. We have legit dinosaur grandpas trying to cope with the new bitcoin reality. They still don't fucking get it. KYC does not apply to Bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwF7nMWUjBs
>>
What will happen when they delete all the accounts in the Bitcoins?
The banks and governments will to that for sure no doubt.
Gone Bittycoin gone
>>
>>1700112
wtf i hate bitcoin now
>>
>>1700005
should I not use localbitcoin?
>>
>>1700339
I was joking
The gov thinks it can regulate crypto when it can't
>>
File: 1433935007773.jpg (61KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1433935007773.jpg
61KB, 900x900px
>>1699996
They couldn't stop people using the BitTorrent protocol, no matter how hard they tried and how hard the music / film industry cried.

How the fuck are they going to stop bitcoin, and how the FUCK can they stop coins like ZCash, Monero etc
>>
>>1700339
If you're fine with using a potential honeypot.
>>
>>1700708
but what can they even do? if youre buying bitcoins you mix them before using them, thats just obvious privacy, and if youre selling coins just go with a reputable buyer. if youre not accepting cash its all known money anyway.
>>
>>1700745
>mixing

Proven to not work + honeypots, which is why new tech like RingCT is a thing.

>reputable buyer

Easily gamed/corrupted.

C'mon /biz/, I thought you were smarter than this.
>>
>>1700757
some mixing doesnt work, there are a few trustless proven ones for bitcoin that appeared recently, so mixing is already a solved problem.

i dont know what kind of "corruption" youre talking about? any exchange of goods into fiat can be tracked unless you get payed in cash. if you deal with localbitcoins and you care just accept money in cash, problem solved.
>>
>>1700783
Heard all of those countless times in every DNM. You're still missing the point, p2p can work, yes, but it's just a matter of time before you get snagged.
>>
>>1700803
snagged for what? accept cash, check and verify id's of buyers, stick to small amounts, which you should anyway, for risk management, im not sure what issues you're implying anyone in that position would have.
>>
>>1700811
What are you going to do, look for an IRS symbol on someones ID? Jesus christ.
>>
>>1700818
what does the irs have to do with europe? and more importantly, what is any tax authority going to do about you making a legitimate sale of assets to another individual?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.