[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to get first job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1481728413281.jpg (34KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1481728413281.jpg
34KB, 396x388px
Hi /biz/

I'm an involuntary neet who didn't get inte the uni I wanted. I thought I could take up a job until I apply for uni again, but I've had no luck so far.

I have absolutely zero working experience since I was a lazy faggot in high school and didn't search hard for any summer job and I also lack contacts to make a job happen. I've applied for 30-40 or so jobs and have had 3 interviews, but didn't manage to land 'em.

If anyone wants to share some experiences or tips, I'd be very happy to learn from you.
>>
>>1698881
Do what people actually do at the uni.

Take a subject in the area you want to find a job and write essays on it.

Publish them on wordpress or medium.com
>>
>>1698881
Where are you searching? Search for "laborer" in Kijiji and you'll find a shitload of warehouse jobs offered through employment agencies.
>>
>>1698897
I'm in Sweden, but I can use the equivalent I guess. Is the key just to send a lot of applications? I've sent 30-40 already, but rarely do I get an answer, which I think is cause I got no experience worth anything.
>>
>>1699021
Send a lot. At least 20 every day.

Also make sure to include your date of birth on your resume, and mention your age in your cover letter. Since you're young and you just finished school, they'll forgive your lack of experience.
>>
>>1699034
I'll be sure to include that, thanks
>>
Is it a good idea to just call random companies and ask if they would like to hire me?
>>
Fuck resumes.
You want to make some serious fucking money?

You get in sales.

I live in Ontario. I was 22 and tired of not being able to land a single commissions sales job. So I went and googled all of the pure commission based sales positions in my area. I woke up in the morning. Drove to a furniture place. Asked for the manager by name. Told them my situation and they hired me on.

But you probably don't have the drive for it.
>>
>>1699089
It couldn't hurt to make general enquiries about vacancies.

If they're not hiring ask if they offer any kind of internship, apprenticeship or work experience placement. Even if you don't get paid it would be valuable experience to put on a resume, and if they like you there's a chance they'll hire you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.