[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

300k to invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

My father has about 300k to invest. I'm thinking about ways I could help him make money with it. I'm a NEET so I have all my time, I was thinking about buying old flats in some country like Spain, I could go there to help renovate them and sell them for more value. Is my plan stupid? I'm planning on going back to college next year but if I can get something like this to work it would be nice
>>
>>1698639
Its a bad idea, you have no idea about the RE in Spain, dont know the renovation costs etc. If you want to persue this goal, I'd suggest stuying up on it and starting with small investment in your country.
>>
>>1698663
Ok so I could buy a 80k flat in my home country (Belgium), renovate it and rent it later. Is that a good plan to make some money in the long term?
>>
>>1698639
open a forex account and trade
>>
>>1698663
RE investor here - I agree with this post. You don't know jack about Spain so stay away.

>>1698691
A little better but I have to ask what you mean exactly by "flat". If we're talking condo with HOA/strata fees, then this plan is also a fail. To start in RE, get a SFH and make sure you can rent it out for AT LEAST 1% of the total value per month.
>>
Easy, just kill yourself.

"I have 300K, let me invest that into a foreign market I have no clue about."

Reading that back to yourself doesn't sound as smart does it? I thought so. Do your research faggot.
>>
Do you know anything about renovating
>>
>>1699076
I don't know where you're from but in western europe where me and op are from that is impossible... The 1% per month
>>
>>1699143
Then I'd advise against investing in RE over there. That rule of 1% per month is something that landlords usually follow in the US.
>>
>>1698639
1) Diversify. Dumping the whole sum into property (in the same area of the same country) would be a huge gamble.
2) Never invest in anything you don't understand. Consider paying a professional for advice or to manage the money for you.
>>
>>1699152
why would anyone ever invest in stock if you could easily find real estate that give 12% returns?
>>
>>1698639
Learn texas hold 'em and take a trip to vegas you pussy bitch
>>
>>1699210
Because real estate will never give that unless you find a rare diamond in the rough

id expect 3-10% on rentals in my home land

try investment funds that cover a sector so you dont lose it all over the next 5 years of volatile markets
>>
>>1698639
Combined buying/selling taxes in Spain are at least 20% of the property's value.

So if you sell a flat for €100k, say bye bye to €20. There is little room to make profit.

Also, market turnover is slow as hell.

You're better off putting €200k down on two apartments in Paris and air bnbibg them.
>>
>>1699210
It's not 12% return, it's 1% per month gross. You still need to pay for vacancy, maintenance and property taxes.

But it's easy to find homes like this. Here's one just with a quick google search.

http://www.spartaninvest.com/properties/1437-highland-drive/

Not quite 1% but close enough.

And it looks like these guys will buy your property back from you within a year if you don't like it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.