[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UX/UI designer here. Used to work for a while but then decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

UX/UI designer here. Used to work for a while but then decided to do my master's. I'm living about an hour by car from the next big city (in Germany) and I basically see two options: I could do freelancing from my home office and since I get many emails with people asking me to do some work for them, I don't think I would run out of money. The other option is to get a job at one of the biggest companies in Germany with high payment, not much overwork but 2 hours of commuting everyday.

What do you think is the better way to go? My biggest fear is that I won't earn a lot as a freelancer.
>>
>>1698600

second option and move asap.

you can earn plenty as ux/ui designer but you're still underperforming unless you get very very lucky. it's much better financially to work at a company for some time and then go freelance after you have a reputation, a couple of assured clients in the bag, and a network of friends and colleagues.
>>
>>1698600
what is a fair price for a UI freelancer? i will need one in a few weeks for a few projects, but don't know what is a fair price. i was planning on using upwork ukranians, as that seemed like a fair compromise on price/quality of qualifications.

depends on your priorities: security or freedom. 2 hour commute is a big deal and can make a big difference to your quality of life, but working in a team might offset that.
>>
>>1698623
Thanks, I guess that makes sense. First some more experience at a company and then I can still switch to freelancing.

>>1698662
It really depends on the skills, experience and location I guess. I would suggest looking on dribbble to find a UI designer as you can directly see their personal work.
>>
>>1698600
>many emails with people asking me to do some work for them
How to achieve this with little to no connections and non-existent portfolio.
>>
>>1698973
Without the portfolio you can't achieve that I guess. Use behance or dribbble to show off your work
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.