[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Townhouse vs condo vs house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG.jpg (66KB, 573x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
66KB, 573x300px
Assuming you're single from Toronto, with a stable job, use public transit/no car, have 5 digit savings you don't know what to do with, emergency fund, and have been renting the same apartment(which needs a reno badly and will automatically up your rent by ~$150) for 5+ years, would it make sense to buy a property or keep renting?

If buying property is a better option:
Should it be a condo, townhouse or house?

My opinion based on quick research:
House seems like an overkill. Too spoiled with management fixing everything for me. Keeping the apartment clean is pretty hard already. Anything decent is probably not within my reach financially anyways, but I never checked the prices.

Condo sounds like an upgrade from an apartment but instead you own the box, everything is nicer and newer, and more space(?). Condo rent will be more than apt's due to metered utilities and maintenance fee on top. Also, apparently each condo has their own board of decision makers which decide who to subcontract jobs to which can up maintenance fee, and if there is a major repair that needs to be done it can cost you and your neighbors into thousands? Correct?

Townhouse is like mix of a condo and a house. Big bonus is you get a small backyard and a garage you can turn into whatever you want, i.e. home gym.

All 3 types can be rented out which is good side income to help pay mortgage.

What do you think? What is your opinion on all this?
>>
>>1698085
>All 3 types can be rented out which is good side income to help pay mortgage.
condos are in HOAs which can, and usually do, prevent you from renting.
>>
>>1698085
Youre a fucking moron and you really need to consider just kneepadding at a friends house while you do it.

What the hell makes you think that condos are an upgrade to townhouses? I pay 10,000 in morgages and still turn a profit off the chain of businesses involved. The restate field is over saturated and too far up its own ass and for those who got in is the only way to make good money off the stock price
>>
>>1698092
That is unfortunate. Condos are less appealing now.

>>1698095
>What the hell makes you think that condos are an upgrade to townhouses?
I said condos are an upgrade to apartments. The ones you pay rent for and never own them. I think townhouse = apartment is Europe or something, but in North America they are not the same.
>>
Dude Toronto sucks dick. Move to Windsor before they go bubble mode. BRB unemployment lower than ontario avg. BRB tech scene is starting in Detroit and can commute and make american bucks. BRB nightlife is a border community so it's lit. BRB not as cold as rest of Canada.
>>
>>1698710
what brb stand for?
>>
>>1698795
be right back
>>
>>1698964
would buying a rental property in Windsor, and paying a property management company to do all the work be a good move?
>>
>>1698976
yes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.