[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> live in an income-tax-free state > make 100k+ from age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: banner-congratulations.gif (123KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
banner-congratulations.gif
123KB, 300x100px
> live in an income-tax-free state
> make 100k+ from age 25-35
> contribute $18k+ to pre-tax 401(k) per year
> by using backdoors, contribute $40k+ to Roth IRA per year, all this money is already-taxed and available on demand
> quit
> have children, buy a house, contribute to college funds, all this tax-deductive life event stuff
> using the tax-deductions widen the 0% tax bracket as much as I can
> use the entire bracket converting 401(k) money to the Roth tax-free (when I quit, I'd have rolled the 401(k) over into a tIRA)
> that money will now never be taxed, even as it grows
> after five years, the converted money is available in case I need it
> once the 401(k) is empty, move to a high-income-tax state where goods and services are cheap

> slowly spend all the "contributions", which include all the backdoored capital as well as converted 401(K) money
> additional earnings become available to me at age 60
> social security at age 70

> haven't worked or paid tax in 35 years, still living the big life

America is fucking awesome.
>>
wew lad, should've bought bitcoin
>>
How do you contribute 40k to Roth IRA ?
>>
>>1697973
There are two backdoors, one where you contribute 5500 after-tax to a tIRA and convert, another where you contribute $36k after tax to your 401(k) then to an in-service rollover to your Roth.
>>
File: 1416605710164.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416605710164.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>1697900
you forgot financial collapse by the bursting of the bond bubble. That pension money will evaporate.

But good work on moving to (or being born in) a 0% income tax place.
>>
>>1698342
Thank you. I moved here, from Canada no less.

A market crash is fine. It means I would want to go to work for a year or two, during the crash, to bolster my savings while stocks were cheap (and to avoid selling to pay for groceries).

Even in 2008, when the stock market took a ~50% hit, dividends took only a ~20% hit, so with careful allocations and a good safety margin I'd have been able to ride out the storm even without trading labor for income.
>>
>>1697900
How are you planning to afford a house? Living in a small town in a cheap state?
>>
>>1698857
Financing it over 30 years so that the cost is spread out and my capital base is never depleted enough that its payouts are less than my annual expenditures.

I may also be able to finance through my company, who will give me a very good rate. This is a common startup perk.
>>
>>1699016
>I may also be able to finance through my company, who will give me a very good rate.
How is that going to work if you quit your job? Finance then quit?
>>
So are you already 35 and you've done this?

Or are you just starting out and this is a story you've written about yourself in the future?
>>
>>1699057
Yes. There's no problem if the loan outlives my employment, though obviously they're not going to give me one if I'm already gone.

>>1699083
I'm 25. But I'm on track.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.