[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi anons, I have a small question. Back in Highschool, in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: King of the Hill in a nutshell.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
King of the Hill in a nutshell.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
Hi anons, I have a small question.

Back in Highschool, in my econ class we played a little game on Market watch. It was a virtual stock market game and we each started with 20,000 $.

No i just want to know if this is possible or not,since i used it in the game and made myself lots of money.

The trick was to look for a company whose stocks are rocketing.
I buy as much stocks i can with 20k. Wait for 15 minutes.
Sell my 20k stock.
BAMN JUST MADE 500 to a 1000$.

KEEP REPEATING UNTIL THE STOCK MARKET CLOSES and make sure you have sold all your stocks.

does this actually work... Im no econ dude, im just a mechanical eng...
>>
No.

for reasons look up:
liquidity
volatility
settlement date
and how to spell "bam"
>>
Yea it's actually that easy. Invest all you have into a single stock. Report back with your sick financial gains.
>>
>>1697589
Don't listen to this guy. He is overcomplicating and making up terms. This is all bullshit.
>>
>>1697589
Damb you and your nonphoenetic spellings
>>
>>1697580
Yep, that's how the stock market works.
>>
>>1697600
G H O T I
H
O
T
I
>>
>>1697602
>>1697600
>>1697595
>>1697591
OP here... You guys suck at b8ing kys
>>
>>1697611
>tfw you realize you're too stupid to make a good bait thread
>>
>>1697619
with all honesty... it wasnt bait i never cared about econ and stocks. I just had one class, found a loop hole in the game and made money.

So it was a real question.
>>
>>1697627
You could. The "secret" is obtaing quotes from a fast brokers price feed and pre-emting price movement on the slower broker feed. Latency arbitrage.
>>
>>1698968
no idea what you just said...
honestly econ is very easy its just that they use big words to sound sophisticated...

ill try to get a double major after i finish mech eng... friends of mine took elective courses in econ. the math you guys do is so basic its stupid.

>calling straight lines, curves TOPKEK
>>
So can anyone offer a concise, accurate and to the point explanation of why OP's method is flawed or unrealistic?
>>
I'm a n00b that was also able to make such nice gains on market watch my dad called me a liar when I said I was making 5-10% gains consistently

I just don't think it's an accurate representation of the market
>>
>>1697580
Trading fees and platform fees would undercut your gains.
>>
>>1697580
taxes and fees, otherwise everyone would trade when the thing they hold increases in price by a little bit.
>>
>>1697603
There's something fishy about this post
>>
>>1699020
>mechanical engineer
>dumbass
Checks out.
>>
>>1699085
he's guaranteed to be an moron that will likely drop out. mechanical engineering attracts some of the biggest retards. most of them drop out, but unfortunately some manage to scrape by.
>>
>>1699085
>>1699199
Butt hurt econ students. TOP KEK
econ students shitting on humble mech eng.

this is what /biz/ is like i guess.

econ students why the fuck do you even get a degree or go to university.

mfw when i was accepted in an IVY league university. with an acceptance rate of 1:10.
its ok, econ students you can cry in your corner and hope that some firm will pick you up after you get your bachelor [and done paying your stupid debt... your life is a meme top kek.]

[though i must admit one in a 1000 or actually ill multiply it by 50... 1:50000 of you will get a good job and its not because you learnt something special, but because you are a smart and manipulative person.
>>
>>1699546
you're a fucking retard and you type like a boomer. i bet you're some middle aged fuck up that returned to school.

>mfw when i was accepted in an IVY league university.
oh wait, you must be a nigger then.
>>
>>1699546
basically the loophole you found is the loophole available to insiders. Us common folk get a very latent feed on what stocks are booming and busting throughout the day, this is why commonfolk are told to play it safe. In the game you played, you were given a 1:1 latency of stock market, so you were able to move your funds at a 1:1 rate and make ez gainz. this is what it is like for big bankers and hedge fund owners, they talk on the phone all day with their colleagues and employees and basically do what you do with your game irl. The common folk will never be able to do this unless they have insider knowledge or are psychic. It's just too latent or misleading for ppl on the outside. You basically have to get rich on a hunch to day trade from your couch. The ppl who day trade on wallstreet are really just monitoring computers on autopilot, computers which do what you were doing in your game.

The solution is to put your money into those companies who do have the insider info and nonlatency to trade, which is called an index fund.

The only way you are getting rich investing from your couch is if you bought bitcoin when it was low and sell gradually as it soars. there are other stock picks whose margins went up by large percentages, but if you invest that well you would probably get a phonecall from george soros or rupert murdoch to head their funds.
>>
The best option if you are born pleb will always be to max out retirement funds that are diverse and that can be done by google researching.

If you catch whiff of a good investment like bitcoin or a certain stock then you should go take out a loan and ride the gain train. Once you have a stable enough retirement fund and good credit, the secret is to ride loans up to the top.

You will never make enough or save enough to be a millionaire in your 20s, but if you get smart and make the right moves with loans, you can easily see a milli by the time you turn 30. After that you need to find passive income so your fortune doesnt ride on bets.
>>
I will say it takes big balls to play the loan game, and you should always make sure your savings/retirement plan comes first. Also your education. It's even easier to play the loan game if you make six figures and have a great retirement plan in tact. You DONT play the loan game if you are a wagecuck who cant sit still long enough to save $100
>>
>>1699546
I'm not an economics student. I'm making fun of you for moronically using the phrase "big words". The time you spent slapping your keyboard could have been used to learn this basic terminology. By the way, calculus is the easiest branch of mathematics available at university. Don't be so impressed with yourself.
>>
>>1699547
hahahahahahahahaha. this story again.
i didnt get accepted into an ivy league bcs muh system is run by jews. and they dont want your typical white man to do good.
kys
im white as fuck boiiii with a sexy tan.

excuses excuses ... if you didnt make it in an ivy league you should kys.
>>
>>1699590
calculus isnt special right but muh statistics and probability ARE SO HARDDDDDDDDDDD.

math is simply a language to us engineers. We use it in our daily lives. while you econ fucks see it as an achievement when you have finished your math courses. ive seen your bullshut with prediticing shadows of shapes absolute bat shit crazy and almost useless half the time.
>>
>>1700293
Are you drunk ? You seem a little bit excited.
>>
>>1700293
>wwaaaah economics is easy why can't i figure it out i'm so smart wwaaahh
>>
>>1700314
because economics is just covered up with big words that you have t memorize like history or geography ... the logic isnt hard its the terminology that lets people get confused. so give me a year and ill get my 2nd major
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.