[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Quarters were the only coin in the US?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20161229_185608.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161229_185608.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Just had a thought. What if all the other coins were to stop being produced, and only quarters were used as coinage, bills unaffected.

What are the potential benefits and drawbacks that the United States could face?
>>
NONE.

Fucking no drawbacks.

Get rid of small change today!

This is all because of the mining jobs, and us mint jobs that would be lost because of cutting out this totally fucking unneccesary waste. People of biz I urge you, any time you are handed change, keep the quarters and drop the rest on the ground. Wherever you happen to be standing at the time. I literally do this daily. if we all join the protest the government will be forced to drop useless forms of currency. Or bums will start living a lot better. I'm not exactly sure which would come first.
>>
>>1696044
What if we just eliminated coins altogether? Rounded everything to a dollar.

We would save tens of billions not minting coins
>>
What if bitcoins were the only coin in the US??
>>
>>1696204
> Nocoiners on suicide watch
>>
>>1696044
several reasons:

1. rounding hurts the poor more - negative benefit to most americans, no matter how trivial it may be
2. In 2006 55% of americans wanted to keep the penny in circulation. No current poll atm.
3. Zinc lobbyists hired by the only manufacturer attempt to prevent the loss of their income. Sole provider: Jarden Zinc Products Co.
4. People from the home state of Abraham Lincoln try to block any changes to currency being dropped.
>>
>>1696049
;)
>>
>>1696044
consumers get fucked at each transaction for up to 24 more cents?

wtf does random change bother you for, aren't you using a plastic card or are you a fucking caveman? how could someone so backwards as to still be using cash daily want to be so progressive as to get rid of coinage?
>>
>>1696044
>sales tax is $.06 per dollar
>lets just round that up to $1 per dollar
>?????
>prophet
>>
>>1696049

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>1696249
The rounding is at the till m8.

Buy 10 99c burgers pay $10 cash or $9.90 on credit of debit card.
>>
>>1696350
The closer it gets to NYE the more depressed fags get. Hope you find peace.
>>
It just shows how hard everyone is getting cucked through inflation.
I imagine people will be wanting to get rid of the $1 bill soon once a hamburger costs $100.
>>
>>1696044
It'd be really inconvenient to price small goods since no one will buy something not priced very closely to the nearest quarter.

t. canuck. we got rid of nickels and everyone grumbles when a bill comes to anything ending in 7. nigga im losing two cents each time!!

that said, canada is an example of why you should have more coins. it's heavy, but much easier to take stock of, and it encourages frivolous spending. like how no one wants to break a 20 or higher, it's harder to break a 5 than a 2.
>>
>>1696044
Because the capitalist government needs to create useless jobs, or else the unemployment rate flies through the roof and there'll be a revolution.
>>
>>1696044
Are they 1964 and older quarters?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.