[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we be honest about trading futures/cfd's? ill start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Vorkje Dax 11438.jpg (143KB, 1422x671px) Image search: [Google]
Vorkje Dax 11438.jpg
143KB, 1422x671px
I started trading a live account a year ago. Was right on the Brexit, was right on the Trump victory. But the Trump rally thereafter took 50% of my profits. Now im breakeven. I mainly trade the German Dax. That index is volatile which you need for making a bit of money without being 100% which way it will go, because most of the time it will come back to that point where you entered.

But now, its soooo hard to make money with trading. And now that im breakeven i dont really know if it is possible.

Are there traders out here that make consitent money with trading? And are they profitable at the end of the year? and how do they do it? Or are there more people like me that tried and found out that its too hard for retailers and they should find another way to make money.

Curious please contribute! Thank you!
>>
>>1695709
>Are there traders out here that make consitent money with trading? And are they profitable at the end of the year? and how do they do it? Or are there more people like me that tried and found out that its too hard for retailers and they should find another way to make money.

if they know they're not going to tell you.....
>>
You are literally just gambling
>>
>>1695709
>That index is volatile which you need for making a bit of money without being 100% which way it will go, because most of the time it will come back to that point where you entered.

This whole statement sounds like a very odd approach to trading a market. Can you post a chart of a recent winning and losing trade and your reasoning for the trade?
>>
>>1695709
I think your doing it wrong. Read on the fundamentals of a company to invest in long term. Get some nice technical indicators for short stuff. Know how much money you are willing to lose when you go into a trade, and set you stop losses. Also set a target goal and put a limit there. Look into options trading for more control over the buys and sells. Good luck anon :)
>>
>>1695709

So you called the outcome of two extremely unlikely events correctly, meaning you are in tune with successfully predicting reality, however you are now break even.

I missed brexit, then got Trump right, levered hard into a position, and cleared 250k. You and I both noticed the same event, and took steps to profit from the same opportunity. The difference is I made my money and left the table, you stayed and got wiped out.

Your problem isn't your instincts / intuition (which is bang on), it's your systemic side, which is just as important in this game. Paper profits /= real profits. Pick a trade, pick a position, not just to enter, but to exit. If the DAX isn't working, find another way to exploit the opportunity, equities, options, heck you would have made more money giving your money to a bookmaker and betting on the election outcome :P.

You are better off taking some money, and kicking yourself that the share went up higher, than staying exposed and getting wiped out, not that you have to do one or the other (you can enter > event happens > take 1/4 or 1/2 money out > let the rest ride in case of future gains).

What's great is, you can easily change this behavior, as it's systemic & logical, the calling the outcome, predicting the future accurately, is the much harder side of the game. If you want more volatility / ease of exit, consider fx or even just straight equities, the main thing is learn the systems side of what you want to do. You're halfway there anon! Don't give up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.