[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 22 years old living with my parents in Ontario. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7

File: lol julien.png (244KB, 464x264px) Image search: [Google]
lol julien.png
244KB, 464x264px
So I'm 22 years old living with my parents in Ontario. I make 200k USD yearly developing websites as well as marketing for businesses.

My whole family thinks I'm unemployed and dead broke. Constantly pushing me to get a job in a factory or as a bank teller or some shit. Tell them them no, only retards work for other people.

Only person in my family who knows how much money I make is my father. He had a mini-stroke two years ago and ever since then I've been working to make sure he can ease off his business since he was 52 at the time.

I'm in University for a general studies degree because I can get a degree without ever setting foot in a single one of my classes.

Free rent. Free food. Uni is free because on paper I'm 'low income.' (thanks wynne).

Siblings are ~15 years older than myself. Oldest brother is in the same field but does fuck all and makes shit. Younger brother works in a factory with a kid on the way and a shit load of debt. All of them laughing at me that I'm unemployed whilst they're making less than a quarter of my income.

Can't wait to break a millie and watch them beg to borrow money from me.
>>
Nice blog faggot sage
>>
>>1695620
>22 years old

You sound very immature for your age

Developing websites is a pleb career path
>>
classic pleb wannabe story
>>
>>1695628
Not a career. Just a quick way to build up some juicy startup capital, instead of working in a starfucks or some deadend wageslave position that drains my energy.
>>
>>1695628

>Developing websites is a pleb career path

>everything is being replaced by internet systems
>d-d-d-d-developing for the internet is a pleb thing to do
>he posted it on a website developed by some chink who's probably rich by now

There's much more to it rather than just coding fancy websites. You wouldn't have your autismcoins if it wasn't for web devs.
>>
>>1695620
What does it take to do what you do? In terms of skillset? I know I could never do it because I'm inherently retarded with technology, but My younger brother is a real bright kid, just very unmotivated and I don't think he will even go to college (at least, not a good one)- he's super into computers and shit and has been caught scamming people on the internet when he was in middle school. I wanna set him down a path where he can do well, because his personality makes people, especially teachers and bosses etc. very very sour towards him.
>>
>>1695620
>22
>$200k a year
Prove yourself, if you prove it we all declare you king of /biz/ forever.
I market for businesses but I make 50k lmfao
>>
>>1695639
Not OP, but a freelance web developer. Front-end development (making sites look pretty and effective for users, basically) involves HTML, CSS, and JavaScript primarily. Back-end development (which involves heavy scripting, managing databases, and building the actual systems that handle the information that users need) requires a knowledge of servers and databases, SQL, and one or more server-side scripting languages like PHP or Ruby.

However, if your brother's personality is shit, he's gonna have trouble. Working freelance, how personable you are has a huge impact on both whether or not people will hire you and whether or not they'll recommend you to colleagues. If he can find a face to partner with, he might be able to just handle the technical side of things, but that would complicate matters significantly and split the earnings from every job.
>>
>>>/qst/

We have a board just for role playing

Fuck off to there OP and take some of these street shitters and ruskies with you.
>>
>>1695639
be able to install wordpress themes and make them look pretty.
>>
>>1695647
So do webdevs typically just do the front-end or do they do both?
>>
>>1695680
both
>>
>>1695725
So to be a good webdev you'd have to learn SQL, PHP and Ruby?
>>
How the fuck do you make 200k usd a year installing WORDPRESS THEMES while still going to uni for a complete bullshit degree that no university offers and will get you nowhere, then somehow figure out a way to hide it all so that you don't pay taxes and get benefits for poors.

And at the same time get "free" university which is completely impossible without a complete ride scholarship in Ontario, which you can't get for being poor? I mean going to classes would cost like $3k USD per year, why are you so proud of free university if you are making that much?

And you're doing it all for "startup capital". Motherfucker if you are in tech what do you need capital for?

This thread is roleplay bullshit.
>>
File: 1475300845598.jpg (8KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1475300845598.jpg
8KB, 220x220px
>>1695620
>Can't wait to break a millie and watch them beg to borrow money from me.

Bad karma right there
>>
>>1695620
Why don't you move out faggot

>$200k/yr
>Still living as manchild neet
>>
>>1695744
This.

Either massively exaggerated or totally fabricated.

No company pays $200k for this shit, unless you're a genuine, high-value asset to a business. In order to be paid $200k you need to earn the business $500k/yr, probably more like a million.

Secondly how the fuck do you hide such money from the government? Why study at all in University when you're making more than 99.9% of university grads will ever make?

And why live with your parents? Why be proud of saving $300/month on food when you're paying almost $20,000 a month gross?
>>
>>1695799
Making* not paying
>>
>>1695799

Can you stop

The NETETs are trying to LARP as successful people
>>
>>1695806
It'd be believable if a few details were changed.

Instead of $200k maybe like $20k-40k, and instead of web development maybe selling drugs or something that'd be untaxed and relatively reasonable.
>>
>>1695744
All clients pay me directly to an ewallet not connected to any of my bank accounts which are then routed to various online gambling sites where the balance grows until cashout.

In Ontario the court ruled that if Poker is declared a hobby that it is not eligible for taxation. As I am a full time student this guarantees that.

I don't declare taxes because I don't have to since I don't buy anything. The benefit of living with the parents

In Ontario OSAP loans are forgiven if your family income is less than 50k, which mine is, courtesy of the Ontario taxpayers :^)

The degree is to simplify the process of me getting an american citizenship.

This startup cash will be to pay the minimum number for full time employees for two years in order to maintain a greencard in the states through operating a business.

I build as many sites as I can every week which usually comes down to 4 or 5. I don't go to class unless it's for a midterm, final, or group assignment.

Once the business is in the USA I will scale the services and focus my time exclusively on networking.

by 30 I'm aiming for US citizenship and to begin doing some VC shit.
>>
>200k a year
>classed as low income

My only advice to you is to pay your taxes. Now.

You will get fucked if you don't.

good luck with your childish goals.
>>
>>1695826
>Not waiting and laundering it through a legit business in the united states considering it's already in USD.

I'm not spending a dime of it since I have 0 expenses.
>>
>>1695820
This is actaully a cool loophole. Excuse my stupidity, but what is "VC"?
>>
>>1695820
This sounds like bullshit dude

But if it's somehow true(weirder things have been true) good job I guess
>>
>>1695833
Venture Capitalism. I want to build a fuck load of businesses with people. It gets my dick hard.
>>
File: 1473665132625_fa.jpg (51KB, 584x376px) Image search: [Google]
1473665132625_fa.jpg
51KB, 584x376px
>>1695620
>I make 200k USD yearly
>Uni is free because on paper I'm 'low income.'

So you just lied on paper about your income and having no job?

Isn't this fraud and haven't you encountered any problems such as stating how much money you have in your bank when applying fir this stuff?
>>
>>1695844
I legally have an income of less than 10k from my business which I declare. However since it's so low I don't get taxed. All of the funds are essentially off shore.
>>
>>1695851
How does one get an off shore account?
>>
>>1695820
Poker winning are subject to tax if they are income from a business and you are going to get deep dicked for tax evasion at some point. Fuck you for stealing my tax dollars, I hope you rot in prison.

The OSAP changes are of next school year and it definitely isn't loan forgiveness, you get a grant if your family earns less than 50k which will be approximately your tuition.

At some point your scheme is going to fall apart and I am going to laugh my nuts off. You'll do well in sales though assuming you can actually avoid jail.
>>
>>1695859
Bitcoin
>>
>>1695880
Fuck this nigger for jewing us
>>
>>1695620
k.
>>
>>1695820
>> All clients pay me directly to an ewallet not connected to any of my bank accounts which are then routed to various online gambling sites where the balance grows until cashout.

Why the fuck would you cashout you fucking idiot?
Why put it in a gambling site anyway?
IF you aren't spending a dime of that money just keep it in BTC you retard. Then it stays offshore and anonymous. Just withdraw after uni and DECLARE YOUR TAXES. Like seriously ffs or create a corporation and run it through that and pay corporation tax.
> when you're this retarded
>>
How do you obtain leads & a client base to hone your skills?
>>
>>1695891
because I don't fuck with cryptos and the USD is worth more than gold. If you go anywhere in the world they take USD. Not many fucking placed accepting Krugerrand last I checked.

I'm not fucking with stocks until I've got 2kk to put into the market at around 5% compounding so I'll be in a permanent position of fuck you even if I lose everything and am too old to work.

I don't trust crypto.
>>
>>1695897
I honestly started out working entirely for free. My first 4 clients were done at cost of the theme and hosting. Then I began messaging my friends on facebook and twitter about my referral program and clients started pouring in.

I started this shit because I would find myself up at 6am designing websites for fun. So I saw how much companies were charging for a site, saw it was worth my money to pursue my passion, drew up a business plan for scaling and began executing by driving around town and looking for businesses that needed websites. The amount of people that turned down a free fucking website boggled my mind.
>>
>>1695916
if you make 200k per year and would be a poorfag if you didn't, why would you care about fluctuations in the BTC market. Just make sure you keep an eye on the volumes (hell you could even increase your profits; buy low sell high).
>>
>>1695928
Gambling isn't a viable long term business strategy. If this was 2011 i'd totally throw in 10k, but now it's just not worth it.
>>
>>1695620
>>>/qst/
>>
>>1695916

You can't outsmart the IRS.

You think the country's talent is going to rocket science and engineering? Think again. The IRS is run by the most intelligent people in the country and their job is to catch people like you.

Wise up. Declare your taxes.
>>
>>1695936
Not an american citizen yet so the IRS can suck my big juicy maple syrup slathered cock. When I incorporate in the states I will be 100% legit because I honestly believe that the united states is the greatest nation in human history and have no issue paying my fair share in order to be a part of it. Fuck canada.
>>
>>1695620
>I make 200k a year but my family doesn't believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Role playing general?
>retards ITT actually believing this
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
>>
>>1695661
fucking kek

I might start this as a side hustle. It cannot be this easy, surely?
>>
>>1695947
I don't tell my family because the first thing I'd hear is a sob story of how I should give some of the money to my brothers. Only person who knows about it is my father. He had a mini-stroke two years ago so I promised him I he wouldn't have to work that hard again. Guy is an immigrant that came from nothing and built his business in canada and hasn't had a week off since 1987. Fuck Canada pension, my parents took care of me so I'm going to make sure to take care of them.
>>
>>1695820
Wait, ain't that similar to money laundering?
>>
>>1695954
>I don't tell my family because the first thing I'd hear is a sob story of how I should give some of the money to my brothers.
>Can't wait to break a millie and watch them beg to borrow money from me.

This is fun! Keep 'em coming, OP.
>>
>>1695620
what city op?
>>
>>1695974
south of Toronto, north of windsor.
>>
>>1695981
do u work from home?
>>
>>1695987
nope.
>>
>>1695620
so how do you go about finding clients?
>>
>>1696003
I have a referral program for my friends and clients.
>>
>>1696005
how do you get this referral program
>>
File: seal.jpg (147KB, 1448x968px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
147KB, 1448x968px
>>1695620

Even if what you were saying were true, you'd be a fool not to buy a home, rent out rooms and get a free mortgage paid.

Oh and you'd also be grossly missing the point of life and the point of money.

oh and sage faggot.
>>
>>1696007
Canada is the most overvalued housing market on the face of planet earth and your genius of limitless proportions suggests that I should buy property at that inflated rate just to pay it off? Residential real estate is a game for pussy ass niggas who ain't about that good shit a minute ago. Commercial is where it's at.

There's no scientific consensus that life is important so your argument is weak and invalid.
>>
>>1695993
ellipsis digital? :^)
>>
>>1696006
You refer him a paying client, you get a % of the payment.

Client gets what they want, the middle man gets some extra cash, you get more projects=more money. Everybody wins.

Contacts passing should be done manually.
Unless you are talking about scripting a program.
>>
>>1696017

This a great thread you got going mate. Just wanted to say you are important and should feel high self esteem for writing these posts.
>>
>>1696021
>ellipsis digital
lol I looked them up. They all do the same retarded hipster looking shit that doesn't convert. Fucking london kids are retarded. Big selling point on my end is the fact that I'm extremely conservative and often talk about the bullshit the canadian government is pulling in regards to the free market. Business owners love hearing that shit.
>>
http://www.ellipsis.digital/team/

How many hipsters does it take to install a wordpress theme?
>>
>>1695956
It IS money laundering. Dan Bilzerian did the same thing
>>
>>1695620
Its nice to hear a success story from ontario especially from somebody my age
good luck on that million :)
>>
>>1696104
was just guessin cause i know they do work w big companies and make bank.
>>
>>1695729
Not OP or the other poster, but to be agile enough to handle multiple situations, yes. Also enables you to take on more jobs & you dont get bored.
>>
he probably lives in kitchener/waterloo area if he aint bullshitting
>>
>>1695620
Nice blogpost buddy. Why don't you show us your tumblr :^)
>>
I'll take things that didn't happen for 800, Alex
>>
>>1695620
>>
>>1695628
He's not really making sites or anything. He's actually full on NEET and is just daydreaming on here.
>>
>>1695729
I'm the guy you responded to and this guy >>1696189 is right. A web developer who handles both front-end and back-end is called a full-stack developer - it's a buzzword that's currently very in-fashion, since web devs who aren't at least somewhat competent at both tend to be unable to effectively handle all of the miscellaneous tasks required to create a given site.

Increases appeal, increases your range, increases your income. Plus it's not hard to pick up one if you know the other and have some programming experience.
>>
>>1696104
>>1696021
>>1696109
>http://www.ellipsis.digital/team/

i looked at a few of their sites, especially this one:
http://www.stmaryswedding.ca/about/

if there are any webdevs still in the thread, can you give me a quick rundown of why this isn't just a wordpress template and why it might be a difficult task or require half a dozen folks?

all i can see besides pics and text and a template is a custom colored google map and a submit form. i haven't built a website in the last 10 years, but it doesn't look that difficult a webiste. was it just the "story" that this team were selling, i.e. marketing bluff?
>>
>>1696403
>http://www.stmaryswedding.ca/about/
they're using squarespace. Basically google's wordpress. You can replicate this within a day whilst high on pain killers with ease. Everything has been automated, if you know basic html and css, you are a certified web designer. Hope that answers your question.
>>
>>1696190
Waterloo would have made me kill myself if it weren't for all the asian poon.
>>
A while ago I saw a girl on Dutch tv who pooped out Wordpress sites by herself for 500k a year. The tech illiterate market is huge.
>>
File: enb 2015_01_24 01_27_05_84.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
enb 2015_01_24 01_27_05_84.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
man that was a good bait
>>
>>1696435
>squarespace
wow yeah, i just checked out squarespace. thanks.
>>
OP, how much do you charge per website and what does that include? I am generally curious
>>
Can I work for your VC when you come down here?

> American citizen
> Know all the greencard BS
> Background in HTML, CSS, JS
> Knows the laws to set up a biz
> CA based
>>
>>1695620
Move out you stupid pussy. It's worth the -25k at that point to have independence- and not stepping foot in a class is nothing to brag about. I'm 6/10 and I got laid 30+ times in my 4 years while maintaining a 3.8 in a STEM field. Wouldn't trade that time for $1 mill.
>>
>>1696642
>30+ times in my 4 years
That is nothing to brag about.
>>
>>1696678
it's nothing to brag about because theres no such thing as a stud, there is no double standard

sleeping around at some point becomes disgusting and ruins your reputation
>>
>>1696555
who'd you vote for?
>>
I make 1300 a year but at least i have my own place and get pussy
>>
>>1697333
>1300 a year
only reasonable figure in this blogthread desu
>>
>>1695620
>since then I've been working to make sure he can ease off his business since he was 52 at the time
>Free rent. Free food.

So you are partially paying for your family's costs? How is that free rent and food?
>>
>>1697327
It's a blue state so it wouldn't have mattered anyway
>>
>>1695620
>General studies
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>1697703
Usually literacy, mathematics, humanities, and science. I am guessing there's an elective in there somewhere
>>
>>1697703
Usually a few semesters with a mix of courses from all fields, for general education and orientation. Usually you don't get a degree in the end.
>>
>>1697333

>1300 a year

u wat
>>
>>1695620
>I make 200k USD yearly developing websites as well as marketing for businesses.
Do you do it as a freenalcer?
How do you get clients - UpWork, Craigslist?
Any tips for someone has barely any connections and no portfolio to start freelance?
>>
>>1695939
>I honestly believe that the united states is the greatest nation in human history
MAGA
>>
>>1696555
He's lying

What part of California? How well can you code?
>>
I admire your spirit OP. I'm interested in following a similar path. How did you learn the skills and how did it take to learn them well enough to monetize them?
>>
>>1695620

Just wondering do you watch RSDJulien?
>>
File: 1479009715866.jpg (82KB, 573x581px) Image search: [Google]
1479009715866.jpg
82KB, 573x581px
>>1695620

You post is the reason I don't pity the sob histories around here, if the faggot was in better position (supposedly like you) he would brag like an asshole and fuck all, so fuck you OP.
>>
>>1699536
I am not lying.

Northern California. I am still learning, but I am confident in the front end stuff.

And yes, America rocks
>>
>>1695620
You earn 200k a year, your dad has had a stroke and you still don't pay rent? What a grub.
>>
>>1695620
What's the point of this post? Just to brag?
>>
>>1699986
He didn't even link his blog
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.