[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a business have to be unique or stand out to be successful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (97KB, 424x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 424x339px
Does a business have to be unique or stand out to be successful? Is it possible to be successful starting a business that already exists? Let's say, for example, an accounting firm. How can you even stand out as an accounting firm?
>>
>>1694834
Well shit nigga you got me.

An accounting firm doing business and is set up in Los Angeles ALSO does business in New York City.

Competition?
Fuck that
There's only one
Mine
Don't even fucking bother because before you already started I've got you by the balls
>>
>>1694834
>How can you even stand out as an accounting firm?

you have a long career in accounting, know the ins and outs of the business, how to save people money. you have lots of connections and potential clients through your years in the industry.
>>
>>1694834
Define successful. Enough to keep you busy? No you don't have to be unique.
Opening multiple branches? Yeah, you have to specialize and have a unique selling proposition.
As long as you're not trying to compete with the big national $30 tax preparers for wage slaves you'll have a niche market.
>>
>>1694834
start a campaign and make sure people know you are the best accountant in whatever city you operate out of

work on getting high profile clients and cater to individuals with a very high net worth, work on your corporate profile and make your clients happy
>>
>Does a business have to be unique or stand out to be successful?
you need to stand out to someone or you won't have any customers
>>
Client service. Read True Professionalism or anything else by David Maister for details.
>>
>>1695769
>you need to stand out to someone or you won't have any customers

>customers are only people
>niches don't exist where customers have to compete to get you to sell to them

>>1694834
OP, almost all successful businesses are NOT new or unique in any way. They usually just sell something you can't get mail-order from china or india. Houses for example. Or services done on site.

those businesses don't need to stand out, they just need to be local.
>>
>>1694834
I thought about this many times for accounting. Start with family and friends book keeping for cheap then have them tell their friends but charge them a little more. When you can get a small little office get it, post your services and there you go.
>>
>>1694834

If you don't stand out, you won't get business unless you can find it through your connections or some other way.

So, for most people, yes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.