[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Career change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ebay-logo.jpg (48KB, 752x509px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ebay-logo.jpg
48KB, 752x509px
im 25 and im working a job earning $20 an hour, but im never going to get what i want from life on that wage, any advice on how to turn things around? i have heard of people making decent money on ebay/amazon, dont know if they just got lucky tho
>>
>>1694787
selling on ebay or amazon is mad easy and the money keeps coming. $20/hr is shit compared to what you can make. you should definitely quit that pleb job and start selling shit on the internet.
>>
>>1694793
how would i make the initial start up? flipping? or going after whole salers?
>>
I make about $250 USD a day running a fruit stand. I have had it for three years and work about 12-14 hrs a day. Istarted it up from the back of my van and only spent about 1000 on startup.
>>
>>1694830

Risky.
You're a good salesman if any of this is true, a talent not everyone has.
>>
>>1694830
dumb ass
if you make $250 from working 12-14 hours a day that means you only make $17-21/hour
>>
>>1694787
I tried and I found there is a lot of ways to be fucked in the process from your chink supplier not honoring your contract, being corrupt as fuck and keeping your money (yeah, try to sue them haha) to amazon banning you because your competitors file some claims to seller central and they ban you or amazon kicking you out of your own listings.
most of the time you break even and after all the time you invest doing everything, you made 20cents per hour that month.
please beware the scammers telling you they make 100k in sales every week. SALES are not NET. you can make a million sales and lose money.

I found to avoid chinks and a lot of headaches you should manufacture your own product,maybe then you would be profitable.
>>
>>1694787
$45 000/ year isn't good enough for you? You arent using that income to acquire assets? You deserve to stay poor
>>
>>1695175
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like manufacturing your own stuff is the only way to make it worth doing

>>1695357
$45 000 a year is just enough to comfortably live a pleb life, i want to have full ownership of a home before im 70, or at the very least be able to buy nice things for myself, i live in Australia cost of living over here is ridiculous, $45 000 is not much at all. is there any good reading material about acquiring assets?
>>
you'd be better off starting your own business via Amazon Web Services than selling directly from eBay.

Have you ever been to an eBay seller's house? They're hoarders - shit scattered everywhere.
>>
>Sell item on ebay
>Manufacturer of that item decides to get in on that and starts selling on ebay
>I still outsell them 10:1
>They do a VeRO takedown on me claiming my item is fake
>I buy it directly from them

>Sell different item a few years ago
>Get it from China
>Item is fully legit
>have them send directly to amazon
>After about a year, start getting a bunch of returns
>They just randomly decided to switch to shipping fakes with no QC.

>Sell handmade items because I'm /diy/
>don't get fucked over by jews or chinks
>have to invest my time into it plus work a real job because sales fluctuate.
>>
>>1695955
>Have you ever been to an eBay seller's house? They're hoarders - shit scattered everywhere.

So fucking true.

I was an oddity when I bulk bought items.
They arrived, I broke them down, packaged them, and then stacked them neatly on shelving in the basement.

Before that I was a flipper, always had shit scattered everywhere. I would package some things and label them, but then have to rip them open when someone asked a specific question. Pain in the ass. Plus you'd have such a random assortment of shit because it was all thrift store/ garage sale / auction shit.
>>
>>1694787
I don't know about Amazon buy eBay is a barren land and with good reason, the Jews running that shit never really understood how the business model was supposed to run smoothly and they thought that by siding 100% with the buyer and fucking 200% the seller they were going to keep that shit forever.

they never understood that the same people selling at some point was the same people buying so all you have now is a bunch of gooks trying to under cut one another for the few bucks that are still rolling on that shit.

I don't even know if eBay can even salvage the site at this point, is just a matter of someone who can built a quality site with the same model under a different form of management like restricting over saturation of market and so fort can probably slay eBay by the guts.
the way I see it the beast is half way dead
>>
>>1694804
A friend used to do this. He would buy "lots" of games, consoles, handhelds on ebay, and then relist them individually just under what everyone else was charging.

Problem is it's very competitive, and a fuck ton of work. I know he made decent money but it ended up just being too much to deal with alongside university so he stopped.
>>
>>1694804

Just pick one
>>
>>1694793
Yes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.