[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to come up with a name for your company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: terror.jpg (133KB, 1600x843px) Image search: [Google]
terror.jpg
133KB, 1600x843px
What's the best way to come up with a name for your company? One that's future-proofed so you can branch out into several different areas.
>>
>>1691834
Analyze the names of companies that did this and look for what they have in common. If you can't do this, just fucking kill yourself.
>>
Try a random name generator until you get something you like.
>>
>>1691834
I don't know, but Jane Levy is fucking hot.
>>
>>1691843
The first thing that comes to mind is Apple, which is so vague and meaningless that it could be a company that sells anything.

I've always liked company names that are wordplay, like petsmart or even softwarehouse.
>>
>>1691862
In that case let me suggest a name: whoreable blowjobs
>>
>>1691834
Word associate backwards from what your companies does and find a word that could be applied to anything

Here's some reverse engineered examples:
>Athletic Wear -> Sport - > "Winning" -> Greek word for Victory: "Nike"
>Database Software -> Conduit for information -> Accessibility: "Access"
>Premium Fashion Brand -> Masculine and Citybound -> Industrial overtones : "Diesel"

It's so fucking easy, just pick a word that describes the image you want to project rather than the function itself. While still being logically associated to the function of your first product.
>>
i'd actually look for sexy 4-6 letter domain names and try to work around that. probably dumb but a sexy domain is so important that it might not be quite that dumb to start there.
>>
>>1691834
Jewish surname + Jewish surname
>>
>>1692628

Goldstein & Chaimberg
Mergers and Acquisitions
>>
>>1692176
wow solid advice senpai here is your you
>>
>>1692628
>>1692945
goldberg and chaimstein
highlands international
>>
>>1691834
put the word unlimited in it
>>
>>1692628
Cohen & Silverstein
>>
>>1692987
You're welcome. Just make sure you apply yourself unlike all the neets on here

>>1692945
Well since we're going in this schticky direction:
>Abrams, Cohen and Rosenschmucksteinewitz Media Consultancy and Narrative Manipulators
>"We turn Harrisoff's into Harrisons"
>>
>>1691834
Adolph's Gas

t. /pol/
>>
>>1694512

Unlimited Limits LLC
>>
Futurecorp
>>
>>1691834

Six letters or fewer, being easy to spell and pronounce, and having some personality.

Optional: No reference to the industry in order to not limit future expansion and scope.
>>
>>1691843

>Analyze
>Anal

There you go OP
>>
>>1691834
Spend no more than 30 seconds thinking of a name. If you can't do it, literally wait until you one-day, at some random time, come up with a name. This is unless it's time sensitive.

If you've built the backend of a business and haven't thought of a name yet, kill yourself.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.