[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want a normie job that isn't mentally or physically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1475360080700.jpg (105KB, 593x936px) Image search: [Google]
1475360080700.jpg
105KB, 593x936px
I just want a normie job that isn't mentally or physically stressful and pays at least $2,500 a month after taxes.

What should I do? I'm 22 years old and have been working in factories or distribution centers since I was 19. I'm tired of the 12 hour shifts, the stiff necks, the sore feet, the aching backs, etc.

What do I do with my life? I don't care about being rich or successful. I just want an easy job that can afford a small house, a fishing boat, and weekend fishing trips. $2,500/month would be minimum.

I was thinking of nursing as it pays good for a 2 year degree and I could work in a hospital for 3 days a week, but that would be extremely mentally stressful. Then I thought of getting my CDL and being a truck driver but then I'd hardly be home to go fishing.

What jobs do these redneck people have that somebody as stupid as them can do yet can afford brand new trucks and boats?
>>
>>1631882
try r9k
>>
>>1631883
try deez nuts
>>
>>1631885
try 9gag
>>
>>1631888
It's up

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/9gag.com.html

This isn't helping me by shit posting though. Thought this was /biz/ not /b/
>>
>>1631882
>I'm tired of the 12 hour shifts, the stiff necks, the sore feet, the aching backs, etc.

welcome to life, it only gets worse from here

>isn't mentally or physically stressful

pick one. Why would anyone pay you to do something that isn't one of those? Even Mall Cop involves a lot of standing. "Security" might actually be close enough to what you want though.
>>
>>1631883

this
>>
Do affiliate marketing. Zero stress.

Nursing is usually high stress.

Trucking is easy. If you do research I'm sure you can find a schedule that has you home a few days a week. One of my friends just started trucking. He's gone for months at a time. My neighbors also a trucker but he's home multiple days a week. I imagine it has to do with driving within your geographical location rather than east coast to west coast.
>What jobs do these redneck people have that somebody as stupid as them can do yet can afford brand new trucks and boats?
Same as you probably, they just put it on their creditcard, take loans, incur debt. Never compare yourself to others. You're clueless what goes on behind the scenes.
>>
I have the same problem as op. Don't have the motivation to study something like engineering or anything that takes thousands of hours
>>
I'm deciding to apply for delivery driver positions at FedEx and UPS. Neither requires a CDL.

I know UPS starts at $14.70/hour here and goes up to $30/hour after 2 1/2 years. I think FedEx is more "commission" pay like per box delivered or something.

I know it isn't exactly easy work (I was driver helper one Summer for a water delivery company) and it will make you sore at the end of the day. But at least I'm not trapped inside a building for 9+ hours, can stop at a store to buy some lunch and cigarettes, can listen to music, etc. And I'd have weekends off for fishing and good benefits I'm hoping to get FedEx as the drivers I've talked to from there say their hours are a lot shorter. They leave around 5-7AM and are typically done by 1-4PM while UPS drivers say they are doing 8AM-8PM almost every day.
>>
>>1632588
>they are doing 8AM-8PM almost every day.

Huh? That literally leaves you with no life.
>>
>>1632593
That's $2,100 a week before taxes. I could work for a few years then quit and move to Texas or some place where basically any white person with blue collar experience can be a supervisor or manager over a bunch of Mexicans.
>>
>>1631882

save up and give your money to me to manage

i'm a trader with good risk-adjusted track record
>>
File: 8b1.png (906KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
8b1.png
906KB, 1126x845px
>>1631882
>isn't mentally or physically stressful

I was going dismiss this topic as b8. Most jobs are stressful in some way, if it wasn't it wouldn't be work. But I think this thread is genuine so I will try to answer it.

The first thing we need to do is forget all that shit our parents and teachers told us about how we could be anything we wanted to be. That may have been somewhat true for boomers, but assuming most of us are millennials it isn't true for us. Our ambitions need to be tempered.

Anything to do with healthcare is a pretty good choice. Most people aren't smart enough to be doctors, but you don't need to be a genius to become a nurse, medical technician (lab tech, xray, etc), or paramedic. These are solid middle class jobs, the training is relatively easy, and they are in demand.

Engineering has become a bit of a meme. If you're autistic enough to get through a university engineering program then you probably don't have the people skills or connections to weasel your way into a P.Eng position. Only a few people can realistically get those jobs. Aim lower and get a diploma in engineering technology. Good earning potential, high demand, although not as prestigious as university engineering.

Business is best left to people with connections or who are naturally entrepreneurial. If this isn't you but you are desperate to work in the business world then you should consider accounting. It's a boring job for boring and unambitious people but it's in demand and it will pay the bills.

Law is oversaturated. The smartest people who nonetheless fell for the liberal arts meme are all going to law school. Don't get into this unless you are truly dedicated to the practise of law and/or have connections in the legal industry.

>What jobs do these redneck people have that somebody as stupid as them can do yet can afford brand new trucks and boats?

Plumbing and electrical.
>>
>>1631882
I make $3k take home a month as a firefighter but it's occasionally physically and mentally stressful
>>
>>1633218
They always reserve those paid positions for veterans around here. I was thinking of EMT but they don't make 2500 take home
>>
>>1632645
What's your opinion on an Industiral Design major?
>>
>>1631894
Mallcop jobs rarely pay near 2.5k a month.
>>
>>1632645
Good post, engineering is a waste of time these days unless you're a woman or have a well connected family
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.