[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you think it's unprofessional to admit in an interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: YrXbtSE.jpg (372KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
YrXbtSE.jpg
372KB, 1803x1351px
So you think it's unprofessional to admit in an interview that you're willing to take a salary hit when moving from one job you hate to the one you'd like more?

Does it make you like a cuck numale beta if you adming you're willing to take less money for a more comfy job?

pic related, comfy
>>
>>1630434
yes, it is stupid

>have more experience in field
>lower salary
>>
>>1630439
yeah but I'm in a up-or-out consulting company with layoffs looming ahead and I know for a fact that industry jobs don't pay that much for IT jobs than my current one

I don't have any high profile high salary industry exit prospects either
>>
>>1630482

IT is seeming like a harder and harder field to get a job in.. starting to get me worried about my information security degree I'll be finishing in may. any thoughts from your perspective?
>>
>>1630434
>I would be willing to take a salary hit
>k.jpg
>hired at half your old pay
>never get a raise or promotion
you'll mark yourself as a pushover if you do that. Start with your current salary, let them negotiate you down. You'll almost certainly get a better deal, they won't assume you're willing to be set to the side every time promotions come up, and they'll owe you one right from the get go. You'll have instant bargaining power with management.
>>
Why would you intentionally weaken your position without a good reason? They don't need to know you're willing to take less to work there.

I've always found that the side that starts talking about money first usually loses the negotiation.

Just focus on proving to them that you're worth hiring.
>>
>>1631718
>I've always found that the side that starts talking about money first usually loses the negotiation.
This. The interviewee should NEVER bring up salary until the interviewer/hiring manager does
>>
>>1630482

ACN? booze?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.