[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am working on a business plan for a chewing gum product. what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1MB, 1280x844px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
1MB, 1280x844px
i am working on a business plan for a chewing gum product.
what advice does biz have for pricing said product?

any other insight to that space?
>>
Pricing as in the actual selling price of bubblegum?

Or how to market it to the people you want to sell it?

For both cases we need a bit more information then the fact that you're trying to sell bubble gum.
>>
>>1509923

Distribution method? Whole sale? Stick or Pellet? For use in a dispenser or by the pack?

What's the overhead? Production costs?

It's fucking chewing gum, the margins of profit are in the .000001cent range. Pricing isn't going to be an issue, breaking into the market is.
>>
>>1509934
>margins of profit are in the .000001 cent range

so false.
>>
>>1509942

Are you serious bitch? We're talking on a per piece basis, there's only so much marking up you can do and still achieve consistent sales, ignoring the fact that there's basically a stranglehold on 'gum'.

It's help if OP posted a little bit more information then 'Guys, What should I price my product you know nothing about at'.
>>
>>1509948
>per piece basis
well usually you would use whatever unit you're selling and I haven't seen one individual stick of gum being sold ever.

still, margins are higher than that per stick.
>>
>>1509931
Retail price, per pack of chewing gum

it is more of a niche product, distinctly different from regular chewing/ bubblegum

I am trying to determine how to price the product
as in what my markup should be. I do not have much more information to give because it is still very much all on paper
>>
Price it as cheap as possible. More people buy chewing gum based on the price than anything else. Especially, if they chew it all of the time. If you could beat the price of my current gum, I'd switch instantly. I chew 10-15 pieces a day while at work/school so the marginal difference is significant enough for me to switch.

I have no idea how you'd go about putting it on shelves. You'd probably need to sell this idea to an already established company. Make a "great value" gum.
>>
see if you can make a chewing gum that tastes like a full 3 course dinner
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.