[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the harm in buying one lottery ticket a day? >Play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 34.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
5KB, 225x225px
What's the harm in buying one lottery ticket a day?

>Play lottery
>Chance of becoming a multi-millionaire is greater than 0

>Don't play lottery
>Chance of becoming a multi-millionaire is 0.

(Statistically the last statement isn't true for all people, but for most people it is - not everyone has a rich uncle and are in a occupation with capped earning potential thus making their chances 0. )

Proveme wrong
>>
>>1509055
Let's see.

Assume you spend (inflation adjusted), $1 on the lottery per day.

That's $365 a year, (inflation adjusted). Assume 7% returns after inflation.

If you do the following from 18 years old until retirement, 67 years old let's say. You'd have the equivalent of $138,000.00.

So a low chance of becoming a millionaire vs. a guaranteed $140K (inflation adjusted) as an oldfag. Which is $600,000 (nominal) assuming 3% inflation.
>>
>>1509055
try r9k
>>
>>1509065

Still not a millionaire though
>>
>>1509075
Yes $365/year will not make you a millionaire
>>
>>1509055
Fuck off you filthy, wannabe parvenu. The lotto is an idiot tax. The moment you stop daydreaming about being rich is the exact same moment you realize that you will have to find other ways to accumulate wealth.
>>
>>1509080

But there is no other way.
>>
>>1509065
You will win some back, its not all a complete loss
>>
>>1509083
Hahahaha
Please go back to where you came from
>>
I don't have the statistics, but I am pretty sure at least 1% of entrepreneurs eventually make it while the chances of winning the lottery are like 1 in 10 million.

So it follows that you should put every dollar towards your business.
>>
>>1509055
It's up to you. There's no real problem with it, except you'll be out $365 or $730 each year. And if instead of buying tickets, you put $365 in a roth IRA from the time you were 15 til you were 65 with a 7% return you'd have ~$170,000. Imagine if you did that with $730 instead of buying powerball tickets every day.

I get your argument though. It's worth the minus ev play because winning is about more than the numbers, it would change your life completely.
>>
>>1509055
I buy one powerball ticket a week. I don't like playing the lotto but I figure it's worth a shot.
>>
>>1509055
Statistically, it's a waste of money because the odds of winning are nearly zero.
>>
>>1509055
What is ROI?
>>
>>1509067
Nigga who are you tho? Spammin this shit all over the goddamn board
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.