[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hire an experienced mentor to teach me trading >charges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-04.jpg (52KB, 604x517px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-04.jpg
52KB, 604x517px
>hire an experienced mentor to teach me trading
>charges $100 an hour
>he teaches me everything about trading and makes me watch how he trades real time
>Gives me a virtual trading assignment to earn a minimum of 20% in 1 month starting with $500 capital using NO leverage and then compare results with each other
>1 month passes by
>my mentor shows me his results
>he increases his capital to $800 so a 60% return
>mfw I end up with $489 capital so a -2.2% return
>mentor is shocked and examines my trade history
>everything looks like it was done by the book except the stocks I traded just had crazy volatility that frequently blew my stop losses
>we do the same assignment next month
>He makes a 130% profit this time while I only manage to make a 15% profit
>mentor tells me takes time to get the hang of it
>have a third assignment the following month
>mentor makes a 95% return
>I make a -45% loss

Are some people just intrinsically unlucky in trading /biz/? I've spent close to $5000 in getting mentored and although my trading has improved from previously blowing away accounts, I just can't seem to consistently make any good returns like my mentor can
>>
>>Are some people just intrinsically unlucky in trading /biz/?
For $5000 I can answer this question.
>>
>>1506273
>Paying a mentor
Wew lad
>>
>>1506273
>unlucky
That's it you figured it out. Besides didn't /biz/ and MSNBC tell you to only buy indeces? Buy and hold, goy. Never try other stuff it's magic
>>
>>1506273
I sincerely hope this is a troll and if not you have been scammed big time
>>
What's the trade strategy, maybe the type he is teaching isn't a good fit for your personality? Everyone trades differently that's why it's so hard to duplicate the success of someone else.
>>
>>1506290
No my mentor is legit. I got referred to him by a friend in the firm I work for as he doesn't take any random client off the street. Before I chose him, I verified all his trading history, tax returns and stuff to check he was not a scammer. He has managed an average 55% return a year for the last 10 years since he started trading in 2006.

Not amazing but still a consistent record.
>>
>>1506273
Dude it seems like you are expecting to become an absolute expert in a new discipline in only 3 months... ever hear of the "10,000 hours" thing? I've been trading for years and still not consistently profitable, just gradually getting better.
>>
>>1506312
Paying $100/hour for something you can learn for free and is largely based on your own perceptions and emotional restraint is a scam, doesn't matter if it's warren Buffett you're paying
>>
>>1506329
Fuck Warren you're an idiot too
>>
>>1506273
>I make a -45% loss
So a 45% gain?
>>
File: 1473462011088.gif (2MB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1473462011088.gif
2MB, 232x232px
>>1506273
So, somebody is ready to share a strategy that doubles your money in a month for $100/hour? Doubt it, but looks good strategy if the has already fished 5k kek
>>
>>1506312
>55% return a year for the last 10 years since he started trading in 2006.
>Not amazing but still a consistent record.
>55%
>p.a. 10 years
>not amazing
Wew
>>
>>1506273
How did you lose 45% if you followed your mentor's advice? I'm sure he told you to cut your losses early, never let individual stock losses go more than 8%.

You intentionally violated one of his teachings, didn't you? You got emotional.
>>
>>1506273
Why would he charge only 100 if he can consistently make so huge returns. He should be retired and letting hookers blow coke from tip of his dick.
>>
Oh boy, I know exactly what you're doing wrong. In fact, I can promise that you will increase your capital by 300% each time. My mentorship will cost $200 a minute but it's totally worth it.
>>
>>1506273
>expect a 20% return in just a month

Sorry anon, but what the fuck are you on about? If you could generate that sort of return consistently then that would equal an anual return of 790 %. Over five years that would a return of more than 55000 %. If someone could get that type of returns as something "normal" then why the fuck would they even work for anyone? Fuck it, even with those 55 % annual, which by the way does not match up with you op at all, I still don't see why he would work for anyone but himself.
>>
>>1506312
>The greatest investors in history make like 15% p/a returns
>Some random fuck is making 55% returns p/a over 10 years

Why isn't this guy the world's most renowned investor instead of charging $100(something that's nothing to him) to teach people?
>>
>>1506273
your mentor is bullshitting you - why would someone who can make those returns trade a $500 account? why would they waste their time coaching people for $100 an hour?
>>
>>1506657
I assume that "the greatest investors in history" play with much more money in less volatile markets, thus they tend to make less returns but it's much safer and still gives them and their clients immense profits.
>>
You got cucked. Just network on trading forums. Out of the 99% /biz/ tier retards, there are some successful traders. I met a guy from Australia that has had brain cancer for almost 10 years and trades futures because there's nothing else for him to do. Makes $5-20K a month. Known him for almost 2 years and haven't had a losing month since I met him. He trades crude oil swings on volume charts. No indicators besides 2 moving averages.
>>
>>1506860
55% per year over 10 years is a great trackrecord and is beyond incredible.

Literally any trading firm would hire this guy in a second with that kind of ROI and he'd make far more money.

Ever heard, "Those that can't do, teach"?
>>
>>1506866
Trading with brain cancer? The hell?

Is he going to make it? can't it get removed?
>>
>>1506312
lol 55% return consistently for year. nicebait bro
>>
>>1506284
This who the fuck pays a mentor. And how do you know he isn't just cucking you?

I could easily falsify historical trades to make it look like I doubled my money. He is probably doing the same.
>>
>>1507113
Nah there's a way to prove it all.

And iirc a Guy on quora checked 100+ "mentors" for proof. Literally none could prove they made the money they claimed, or their clients
>>
>>1506273

Sounds like you're getting played bro. ....
>>
You would literally make more money if you payed him to invest for you. If he is so good, that is, which i greatly doubt.
>>
>>1506887

This. He would have an open offer from literally every trading firm anywhere. He would make much more doing that.
>>
You can't make money trading.
>>
>>1506408
yeah Biz apparently isn't impressed by returns rivaling some of the best hedge funds in the business, IN HISTORY
>>
>>1507214
>214 ▶
>>>1506887
Trading with 200$

consistent process with

Trading 10,000,000$
>>
>>1506273
>60%/month
>130%/month
>95%/month
>2016
>believing these results from a guy who's charging $100/hour to teach you how to trade.

u r a dumb
>>
>>1507223
>yeah Biz apparently isn't impressed by returns rivaling some of the best hedge funds in the business, IN HISTORY

I'm fairly certain no hedge fund has ever gotten beyond 20% returns consistently.

The purpose of a hedge fund isn't to make massive profit, but to be reliable and consistent even in a downturn
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.