[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to interview candidates for a job at my office. How the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1468394937870.jpg (1MB, 1533x862px) Image search: [Google]
1468394937870.jpg
1MB, 1533x862px
I need to interview candidates for a job at my office. How the fuck do I make the interview not be a cliche "how do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of thing?
I'm 23 y/o with not even a year of experience on an office job and through a spectacular lucky string of events I ended up being a team leader, please help
>>
>>1505954
It's a useful question to ask though.
>>
>>1505954
Just come over confident, you don't want them to think they can overpower you.
About the questions, this is just basically routine questions, you can ask what they do in their free time, what their education was, how they see themselves fit in the company, why they would be a valuable asset.. Don't make it too complicated and stay professional.
>>
>>1505954
go to lunch with them, see how they operate in a social context
>>
>>1505968
Also this
>>
>>1505968
This. You're a team leader, you want to see them unguarded. But like dating everyone puts forth a fake version of them-self during job interviews, you want to see past the smoke and mirrors as much as you can to see if they are easy to work with, or compliant.
>>
>>1505954
Present them with actual problems that will face them in the job and see if they come up with good solutions
>>
>>1505954
Ask them:

1. Why they left their previous job (you don't want any emos causing drama, do you?)
2. What skills are they bringing with them to the job (does it fit your criteria?)
3. Do they have a problem with criticism (shows if they're trainable or not)

Expect people to lie about their experiences though. Do your due diligence. And actually check up on the ones you're interested in.
>>
The role is just a regular desk jockey, data input monkey thing. The only thing I really need from the person is for them to be comfortable with speaking on the phone.

Thanks for the tips tho, I really have to remember to act confident
>>
Give them examples of situations you come across in the job theyre applying for and ask how they would respond in such situation.
>>
>>1505954
just b urself
>>
>>1505954
Make it a conversation. Don't ask them a bunch of useless questions like "What are your top 3 strength and weaknesses"

Best interview I ever had, my future boss and I talked about philosophy, emerging markets and history for like 2 hours. No bullshit once he saw I had half a brain. Got the job and loved working for him.
>>
>>1505954
If its a sales job, ask them to sell you this X.

If its an analysis job, ask them about what they will be analyzing.

If its a janitors position, ask them how they would clean up X to make it spotless.
>>
>>1505965
This is good advice. I started interviewing interns at my company when I was 24 and I was kind of nervous and awkward about it at first. Then I eventually realized that they are supposed to be the nervous ones. I am the one with the job and the power here. I'm not a dick about it or anything, but it is important to keep that in your mind. This is a person who is going to be working for you, not someone who you are trying to impress (beyond getting them excited about the job) or befriend.
>>
Ask them questions that pertain to their skills and experience for the job in question
>>
>>1505954
I am 24 and I've interviewed about 15 people.

Just remember: You don't need to hire everyone.

I always start out by thanking them for their interest, give an overview of the interview process, and then jump in with some personality questions like how they would handle a given situation.

Just say OK great to everything.

Then ask the technical/job related questions and let them know when they will hear from you.

Always call them after you've already talked to them on the phone to either reject or send them a job offer.

Remember to explain to them what the job entails. It's a two way street, you want to ensure they will like the job and they are a good fit.
>>
>>1507234
>Just say OK great to everything.
This is cancer though, at least provide some feedback.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.