[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oi ye fockers. Budding entrepreneur here. I got an idea I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1473728658347.gif (705KB, 738x780px) Image search: [Google]
1473728658347.gif
705KB, 738x780px
Oi ye fockers. Budding entrepreneur here. I got an idea I want to bounce off you all.

I just started my second year of uni. My university has a bookstore that runs a promotion every year where if you find a book you want to buy that's cheaper on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Chegg and is NOT sold by a private seller, they'll pricematch and then take an extra 10% off. You just have to show the cashier a screenshot with matching book conditions and ISBN numbers. I saved $175ish this semester because of the promotion. Keep in mind that the bookstore doesn't openly advertise their pricematching promotion and I've seen many lose money due to their ignorance.

Anyways, I wish to create a little campus-based business where I research the book prices online for customers and then send them a screenshot of results via email to their mobile device. I would charge a small flat fee ($1.00 per book or some shit) so they don't have to do their own research and ultimately save them potentially hundreds of dollars.

I know what you're thinking. Why the fuck couldn't I just search for the books myself and not have to pay this cunt my hard earned dosh?

My thoughts are that most people are lazy as fuck (especially students bogged down with other work) and would rather pay a few dollars than suffer 20 minutes of online browsing. Also and again, the bookstore doesn't publicly advertise their promotion so people might be more willing to pay someone else to do the work for them than have to deal with the unknown.

My idea for advertising is to leave some eye-catching flyers by the computers in my uni's library. (Also, word of mouth once I'm seen as legit.) The flyers would have the standard "save as much as $XXX!!!" bullshit. But they will also show a simple website URL that normies just could not resist visiting. They're already at a computer anyways so what's stopping them. Ya feel me?

Also, social media and spamming the URL ftw.

Cont.
>>
File: 1472749795291.jpg (62KB, 460x199px) Image search: [Google]
1472749795291.jpg
62KB, 460x199px
The website would be run of the mill but still nice and neat with a section for reviews. The website would also house the method of payment: Plastic or Paypal.

In the grand scheme of things, I believe I could make some lods of emone. For example, if I was charging $1.00 per book and if a customer has 4 classes and wishes to find out if they could save potentially hundreds, that's 4 dollars in my pocket. My uni has over 4000 students enrolled and I could imagine having 500 customers at most. That's 2 grand for about a week's worth of work in best scenario imo.

Some questions I have are:

1. How do you think my uni would retaliate if/when they found out?
2. What would you set the price as per book researched?
3. Why would you not use my service?

I believe this idea has potential and I would very much appreciate your thoughts so thank you in advance.
>>
>>1500930
>How do you think my uni would retaliate if/when they found out?
they WILL find out. And most likely they'd just stop the price matching deal.

>Why would you not use my service?
I might if you're actually searching all kinds of sites and finding the best price. That would save me some time and if it just costs a buck or two it'll save me money too.

big problem I see is I can't know how much I'll save until I purchase. So it might look like a scam. I mean if you show proof that retailer X is selling your book for less money then there's no reason to buy because that's all they need to know. But if you say "I can save you $17 on your text" there's no particular reason to believe you.
>>
>>1500947
>they WILL find out. And most likely they'd just stop the price matching deal.
I agree they will eventually find out. I don't care as long as I can still do business. But the idea of the promotion on their end is to stop people from buying cheaper books online and ignore the store completely. In a way, my service would help out the bookstore.

In regards to your other point, I see your point. I just fear that if I was to inform a customer how much they could save before they paid me, then they might be tempted to go a search for it online themselves and I lost them as a customer. What if I was to come up with a statistic like "90% of all books in the bookstore can be pricematched" and then tout it on the website and flyer? In regards to concerns of trsutworthiness you hinted at, I would be sure to promote my business at a personal level with friends at uni and then have them share their trust with the business.
>>
>>1500926

This sounds like a bulletproof 12$ plan, OP.
>>
Are you that old retard that thought of the internet marketing service idea and swore to death it doesn't already exist? And you posted your Google Drive full of autistic ideas like all white men should marry latina women and video games in strip clubs?

What is your name?
>>
>>1501015
Sarcasm? Please elaborate.

>>1501018
No. I don't use google drive and I'm not old. Just a student in my early 20s
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.