[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Will ETC rise because of devcon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1445411527388.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445411527388.png
98KB, 600x500px
Will ETC rise because of devcon?
>>
etc dumped weeks ago. you poor bagstards
>>
>>1499290
ETC will slowly die as ETH moves on. It was never going anywhere, it's a dead fork and will be resigned to history along with the DAO debacle.
>>
>>1499290

The way Crypto tends to work is that there is usually a 'big new coin' that presents something new to the crypto world.

Examples of this are:
Bitcoin itself, Ethereum, XMR, FLDC (maybe).

These are the leaders of the pack.

Bitcoin was the first, Ethereum first presented the idea of a world computer and XMR solved bitcoins anonymity problem while also being 'selected' as the chosen currency for darknets.

Once a 'major' coin steps in, in a few weeks/months, 'shitcoins' pop up. The shitcoin is a 'copy-cat' of the major coin. It promises similar goals, but usually with a more meme-y name. It usually offers no new actual technology.

Examples of this are:

Bitcoin-> Litecoin, Dogecoin, Trumpcoin,

Ethereum- > ETC

XMR -> Blackcoin, Shadowcoin etc.

FLDC -> CURE coin

Notice the pattern is almost always the same. A big 'new' idea. followed by a copy-cats with an ALWAYS more 'meme-like' name.

The pattern is very easy to spot. The only coin worth buying and holding long term are usually the 'leaders' of the pack. The 'shitcoins' are generally spawned for the sole purpose of pumping and dumping riding off the 'leader-coins' success.

ETC is a bit of a special case because it didn't just promise a more meme-y name, it also promised some intangible 'purity' proposal. Despite this though, it still is in the shitcoin category and thus it's prime use was to pump and dump.

The current price you're seeing is held up entirely by people who don't know the pattern described above, despite seeing it repeat itself in the crypto market since 2013. These are the bag holders, or the people that think "ETC will go up again, it's only a matter of time".

This isn't the case. ETC was a spectacular pump and dump. The best pump and dumps ride some 'half-baked' fundamental news.

In ETC's case it was the concept of 'purity'. Most coins like SDC or BLK don't have the luxury of the faux-fundamentals, and so only manage very small pumps by virtue of their more meme-like name.
>>
>>1499352
Woah, thanks for the info, this is great.
Question - what does FLDC brings to the crypto world? Never heard if it.
Also Shadowcash seems to be doing fine, and they have like events planned, so they are using their momentum at least. I'm holding for about a week.
>>
>>1499378
FLDC uses people 'mining' it to do research on folded proteins at Stanford.

It's purely a research thing, I don't think FLDC will have much of an impact in terms of how profitable the coin is, but it is very cool.

I suppose it opens up the possibility of using 'coins' to do distributed computing, similar to ethereum, but with centralised purpose of doing only one type of computing.

Shadowcash was around for a long time, but I think XMR beat it to the punch with darknet adoption. In truth once XMR got onto the darknets as their 'selected' coin shadowcash's value should have gone DOWN. But instead it went up, I'm guessing this was because of the:

"meme-pump and dump, riding on the success of similar coins" effect.
>>
>>1499388
>"meme-pump and dump, riding on the success of similar coins" effect.
I think so too, but they are also releasing new stuff and are really trying to get publicity. I wanna see if they're successful and i doubt SDC will go below $1 by the end of the week.
Who knows, maybe both will survive as competitors.
>>
>>1499394
With crypto it pays to be as pessimistic as possible.

Don't fall in love with any coin. Make your 20-30% and sell and move onto the next coin. Don't buy back in unless everyone else is saying "____ Coin is finished". It's scary but that's the best time to buy.

Keep an eye out for actual new technology. For instance that BLOCK coin aims to create a chain that can deal with multiple currencies and interact with other chains. That's new.

The problem though is it's still in development and could turn to vaporware.
>>
>>1499290
I hope so. I heard there's going to be a mass suicides, and I shorted all the people who are supposed to kill themselves.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.