[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marketing to students

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: topkek.png (151KB, 621x734px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
151KB, 621x734px
tldr; I learned some basic programming and made a site / web app targeted to college students.

Aside from social media advertising, how do I reach these people?
>>
Hire good looking guys/girls to pass out flyers. If you are not attractive you will hurt your business by being anywhere visible. Sex drives that demographic
>>
>>1403413
I'll look into doing this where I graduated from once the fall semester starts.

Any tips for hiring people at schools where I don't have personal contacts?
>>
>>1403426
Post flyers with your number like so they can tear it off post them on bulletin boards and say it's a "modeling" type opportunity so you can weed out uglies
>>
>>1403438
Thx

I live in a big city so this should get me far enough that if I need anything more I'll be able to throw money at it.
>>
I'm running CPC Instagram ads with a $5 / day budget - is the amount too low to reach a decent number of people?
>>
Visit the schools website and try to market to the professors. Have them send a mass email or find a way to send a mass email to the students. Plenty of businesses do this at my school and you may get a response from an overachiever (most kids my age don't read their emails)
>>
>>1403409
what does your site/web app do?
>>
>>1404696
Private message boards designed like a chat app where you can only interact with people who have similar email addresses.
>>
>>1404726
Also it's not anonymous by default, though I did add an anonymous section as well.
>>
>>1404726
and why exactly would they want to use that?
have you done any market research beforehand?
>>
>>1404757
Yep. It makes it a lot easier for student groups to advertise their events, especially when the school year starts and not everyone has had a chance to connect with the new students.
>>
>>1404765
and how is that easier than facebook, which already has almost all of them registered, and has tested/optimalized groups and events just for these reasons
>>
>>1404773
It's based on email addresses so even if you don't have any friends you can find out what's going on around you without being added/invited to anything. The posts are temporary (1 week) as well so it won't get cluttered. Think of it as a few private subreddits for your school or company.

Also, at my school at least, a lot of people with no affiliation would comment on our school news blogs and articles so my site would provide a secluded space for those conversations as well. There aren't any profile pictures and the usernames are email addresses so it's less personal than facebook.
>>
>>1404798
i fail to see any target market for that, but generally you would be talking a few of them, ask what do they read/what websites do they visit regularly/what places do they visit frequently in real life, and try to advertise them there
>>
>>1404888
Hmm I don't see why it wouldn't work. My school has a 10 year old site with a few hundred users that's pretty similar. I added non-anonymous boards and a more modern ui to make it more appealing to regular students.

But at the same time it's just a project I worked on to learn how to program so it's nbd if it doesn't make money.

Thanks for the tip on finding where people frequent irl.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.