[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons I have almost $30K in savings. I'm planning on travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 0uzqm59.jpg (68KB, 1080x806px) Image search: [Google]
0uzqm59.jpg
68KB, 1080x806px
Anons I have almost $30K in savings. I'm planning on travelling for 2 years. What would you guys with an extra $30K?
>>
>>1400878
Down payment on a rental unit. Condos are going cheap in Calgary/Edmonton. Oil won't stay low forever.
>>
>>1400886

The downside is that you are in two of the worst cities in a boring ass country...yeah no thanks.
>>
>>1400878
Invest in a Vanguard index fund.
>>
File: 1465403603693.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1465403603693.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>1400886
>Oil won't stay low forever.

oh boy, you havent seen anything yet
>>
Downpayment on a house.
>>
>>1400878
I'm somewhat in a similar boat, except with double the sum.

>>1400886
>>1400978

Don't do this.

>>1400894

Do this, but only if you believe there isn't a bubble burst coming in the next 2-3 years.
>>
>>1400978

lol nah...maybe if I was at that point in my life but don't want that responsibility or commitment right now.
>>
>>1400995

nice
>>
File: 1468469747094.jpg (220KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1468469747094.jpg
220KB, 2048x1536px
>>1400886

>cheap condos
>canada

STOP LYING
>>
>>1401004
Get an investment property, get some tenants to pay your mortgage or pay you in sex.
>>
>>1400878
>What would you guys with an extra $30K?

I would buy a second ticket for pic related.
>>
>>1400878

buy monero
>>
>>1400878
Build a house.

Well technically I would just buy the land and a few strategic resources which would let me build the house.

I realize that may sound very low for home construction, I did spend a year as a project manager for home remolding and construction. But I wouldn't be using typical methods, modern building are junk made to get trashed in 30 years anyway. I would use a modified cob construction incorporating my knowledge of material processing to literally make most of it out of dirt I refined on site with the equipment and chemicals I bought.

$10,000 for living expensive as building would be my full time job for the year. (this is already my basic living costs, excluding rent as I would be using my tent to lower costs and keep me close to the job site)
$20,000 for land, tools, equipment and other resources. Mostly used stuff I could repair myself, with a few important exceptions where it need to be done with extra care.

I would have to re-check the numbers, but I am confident I could cover the basics with this as an older master plan I had was $100,000 which covered a lot more. Dropping the steam shower, home theater setup, computer setup and a few other things would help bring the budget in line and those could be added back later. Key thing is to have a nice building first, which doesn't cost much to build. Assuming the government doesn't try and stop me.
>>
Aren't you going to need a lot of that money to travel?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.