[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Studies, Finance, Economics, Accounting, what the hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468209693647.gif (699KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468209693647.gif
699KB, 200x200px
Business Studies, Finance, Economics, Accounting, what the hell is the difference between all of them?
>>
Nothing. They are all cuck majors that are about to be unemployed by CS majors using big data to take their jobs.
>>
>>1400151

Business Studies: The science of business and how it works

Finance: How to manipulate and manage your money

Econmics: The science of how money moves, in small and large scale

Accounting: How to manipulate and manage other people's money
>>
>>1400151

Don't forget Actuarial and Commerce.
>>
>>1400168
lmao /thread/
>>
>>1400168
Which is the best to get a degree in?
>>
>>1400168
I have an Econ degree and it's more about how firms make decisions but the movement of money is somewhat part of it
>>
>>1400170
I would consider actuarial a STEM subject. Heavy math+stats where the only business classes you take are the finance ones.

>>1400196
Accounting if you are going to get 'eh' grades and want a secure, realistic 9-6 that allows you to climb the corporate ladder and be rich later in life by becoming partner.

>>1400196
Finance is okay tier on it's own as there are alot of people that aim to work in finance with not as many job spots as accounting so banks and fund teams can be selective with who they choose. Best mixed with accounting or any quantitative degree like maths, stats, engineering, physics, CS. Also good to be mixed with other business degrees like accounting or econ. Actuarial + Finance = GOD TIER imo

>>1400196
Economics on its own is pretty crap imo. Alot of biz people have it right and do quantitative degree + economics. Reason being is that like finance, fair few econ grads not that many spots so the banks and what not that hire econ grads can take the best, so, they tend to pick the quantitative kids as they will defs be able to handle it and also provide valuable quantitative insight.

>>1400196
Business studies. Wouldn't recommend, it's better to do a niche thing like finance, accounting or econ.
>>
>>1401630
My uni doesn't have Finance or Econ majors, but would doing a double major in BS(Econ) and BS(Finance) be good?
>>
I recieved a master degree in economics from one of the better universities in Europe.

Let me tell you know that job prospects are ok, but not fantastic.
>>
>>1400168

>Accounting: How to manipulate and manage other people's money

Accountants don't "manipulate money", they present the financial health of a company to investors and creditors.

Or do fucking taxes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.