[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying $300,000 Townhouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1462577928092.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1462577928092.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
Me and mom are buying a $300,000 Townhouse and have about $250,000 in the bank. For the rest of the year, her $1600/month job is all the income coming in aside from half the sale of our previous house we have.

How much would you recommend we put in as down-payment, and how should we secure the rest? She's going to a financial advisor soon, but I'm just curious now.
>>
>>1399516
Invest in trumpcoin
>>
>>1399518

ebin my dude
>>
>>1399516
20% to avoid insurance fees, talk to a mortage lawyer
>>
Depends on your rate of return at the bank.

If it's less than the mortgage rate, then get a lower mortgage. If it's more, then get the smallest mortgage possible that avoids any mortgage insurance or anything crazy like that and let your money make money.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 489x500px
>>1399516
>buying a townhouse with his mom
>>
>>1399556
>>1399535

so we shouldn't put in any crazy downpayment like 60 or 70%?

what do we do with the immense amount of money we have left over from the sale? how do you handle that best?
>>
>>1399579
No point in putting down that much when rates are so low. You can just invest your leftover cash into index funds and beat the mortgage rate.
>>
>>1399516
>her
>she

oh no
>>
>>1399560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQO1nGchZ50
>>
>>1399583
Basically this. Put the minimal down payment on the house that you can without paying more in interest/fees. Pay monthly minimums on the mortgage, and nothing more. Invest the money, and it will grow faster than the interest on the mortgage.

Effectively, this means that the longer you take to pay off the mortgage, the cheaper it gets. It's counter intuitive because you 'pay' more, but you are generating more money than the difference of paying it outright.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.