[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1455117173706.jpg (107KB, 354x550px) Image search: [Google]
1455117173706.jpg
107KB, 354x550px
Is music industry a good income?
I'm starting to learn how to make beats/music.
Got a degree in poetry and /lit/

Got a unique style of clothes/rap.
I think I'm good to go, I'm keeping learning but where do I find people who can help me?
>>
6/10
>>
>>1398725
Explain how its unique, degree doesn't matter if you end up producing the same drowned out shit thats on the market now.
>>
>>1398745
As I said its unique I'm not going to tell you what kind of unique but it is
>>
>>1398747
As long as your beat doesn't overpower your voice or lyrics. I'd like to hear something that doesn't have about 40 obscure references that are ill placed and mean nothing. Something that relates to all of us and forms a coherent and flowing story or theme. Finally having word play and lyrical ability above the 4th grader trash we have now. Something like that I'd buy in a heart beat, anything that sounds like G Easy i wont even look at it.
>>
>>1398725
>Starting to learn how to make beats

What daw do you use? Have you made anything yet? Do you post on SoundCloud or similar places?
You gotta start either selling yourself or nabbing gigs

Also do yourself a favor and actually learn an instrument
>>
>>1398976
>What daw do you use?
Sorry anon but if you care about this you're probably not a real musician either and your advice is worthless.
>>
>>1399061
What? I was simply curious about which OP uses, you gotta make beats with something
He said he recently started so I want to know what he has to work with and how long he's been playing around with that sort of thing
>>
>>1399061
lol u a rittard
>>
>>1399066
thought u were just shittalking him man I apologize
>>
>>1398769
Whats wrong with g eazy?
>>
>>1399061
This is the most retarded post I've ever read
>>
Music doesn't make an income. Only connections make an income in this industry. Don't have connections? Keep your shit on soundcloud and get a real job.
>>
>>1399356
Then you have not read a lot of posts.
captcha: 420
>>
>>1398725
the internet has utterly decimated the profit margins on selling music .

ofc there is still a bit of money to be made, mainly off really stupid 14 year old girls. but thats about it.

its really more of a mass marketing, distribution and infrastructure play than anything else at this point, not really a game any body with any desire to make money should get into . there are far easier opportunities. unless you get incredibly lucky, have a huge bankroll or are willing to whore yourself i guess.
>>
>>1399086
Well, what has he done for Hip Hop? Nothing. Not gonna lie, I enjoy some of his music.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.