[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job offer negotiation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1466136898357.jpg (24KB, 599x404px) Image search: [Google]
1466136898357.jpg
24KB, 599x404px
Think I may have botched a salary negotiation today. Not sure because I've never done it before. It was over the phone. Already interviewed and they seemed highly interested. They said we are thinking $X. I said I was thinking more like $Y (15% more than X) and explained why. I read it doesn't hurt to shoot high. They said they will talk about it and get back to me. Called back later and said we cant do it sorry, good luck. No counter or anything. Am I out? I was expecting some kind of haggling. Is there a chance they are testing me and will contact me later?
>>
>>1348445
One of my friends apply out of college to an engineering position. Got the position during the interview, he tried negotiating they told him they felt insulted by the fact the he even tried negotiating because he is fresh out of college and are giving him a good opportunity here.

Basically I wouldn't negotiate unless I can stay at a current job which pays more or close to what they offer.

I wouldn't negotiate if I was jobless really.

>job market is shit
>>
>>1348451
I figured that would be the case. But I do currently have a job with years of experience, and I didnt even apply, they recruited me. Seems odd
>>
>>1348451
Yeah I wouldn't try to negotiate salaries if i was unemployed lol
Recently I changed jobs and when my old director found out, he pulled me into his office and said "let's give you a promotion"
I said "well I like working for you that sounds great; but they offered me like 6 dollars more an hour so I'm gonna need a raise"
He said no
So I gave my two weeks notice
The day before I turned in my badge, he pulled me back into his office and offered to match; at that point I declined....felt offended that I wasn't even worth the extra six bucks, considering that he would have to hire a new grad to replace me.
Turned in my badge; we're still cool, and I know he had to try to lowball me, but I wasn't bluffing lol
>>
>>1348459
>I read it doesn't hurt to shoot high

Well at least you know this is bullshit now.
>>
If it's a low level gig then you need to work for a little while there first. Try working there ror 8 months, doing an excellent job, then requesting a salary increase.
>>
I always negotiate if I have experience and already have a decent job. Never negotiate over the phone. If you had negotiated in person and they say no it's going to be harder for someone to say they are offended and walk away. Always shoot high and like them counter offer. They didn't spend weeks finding a candidate and go through multiple rounds of interviews just to be butt hurt over salary negotiations.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.