[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad owns a couple of cabs >invested around 300k on two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

>dad owns a couple of cabs
>invested around 300k on two licenses.
>everything by the book, comply by regulations
>expenses piling up, drivers union wants more money
>gvt. wants a bigger cut in shape of inspection fees
>shops, parts import, insurance rates, fuel, everything rising while the taxi fare has been stable for the past 10 years
>now each permit is around 60k
>spend around 2k a month holding mandatory services (like radio and gps beacons) that aren't used anymore (apps) because the gvt. mandates them

Haha, but uber is bad r-right? It will go bankrupt soon.

>mfw someone asks me about my thoughts on uber
>>
File: 1459073018103.jpg (97KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1459073018103.jpg
97KB, 433x419px
>>1346409
>being invested in cabs at 2016
>>
just shill this vid like no tomorrow m8 and run those uber fucks into the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQPj90OrQE
>>
>>1346411
Family business. Been in it since the eighties. We had 15 cars at one point, and then diversified. We held onto those and I'm fucking enraged... Worse thing is that the public sees the whole industry as two guys (power hungry jews that own around 100 cars each*) as THE whole thing. I'd like to screw them over too. But when they say Ok, fuck cabs, take ubers (I would do it too if I was on the other side) they forget the 90% that are owners who invested in permits for retirement, or have a single cab as a source of income.

It's like if you owned a shop and I got the same goods, sold them next to your shop, didn't pay rent or taxes AND got that shit from china without paying import fees.

All I can do is stand outside and scream REEE UBER GET OUT while the gvt. walks up to them an scorns them on how illegal the whole thing is.

*One of them actually went out on TV and said that Uber was LITERALLY taking the food away from his kids, while dressed in a raggy adidas treksuit to look like a driver. The guy is a millionaire. PR Disaster. They are literally retarded.

Also, funny story. Mayor said he simpatized with the plight of the taxi. He understood what the decreasing prices meant. He went out and got 50 more cabs on the road (electric cause muh enviroment) the next day.
>>
>>1346422
Nah I don't believe in that.

Uber is a great service, for a great price.

If I beat them it will be on my own terms.
>>
>>1346422
Is this real?
>>
>>1346409
Evolve or die faggot
>>
>>1346409
Hey OP maybe after this business fails you can find some luck in print media.. since you like being 20 years behind anyone with a brain in this country I'm sure you'll be great at it. Maybe you could be a travel agent, lots of those jobs popping up.
>>
>>1346424
fuck you cunt, get a real job
>>
I usually drive myself, but I love the idea of uber. It gives me immense joy to know that the faggot taxi companies who sat on a fat fucking monopoly and chose to offer shit service at a shit price are now being assraped by a fucking iphone app.

So satisfying.
>>
>>1346409
Get out of the business you idiot. Don't blame others for being successful.
>>
>>1346422
Bullshit, depreciation is reclaimed up front when you write it off on your taxes. Also just buy a used car and win this game.
Its not a great position to be in but in a decent urban environment np.
>>
>>1346695
Agreed, she's overlooking the write offs and idk who the fuck burns thru a new car in 2 years no mater how much you drive but most people are on used cars. 2001 and newer 4 doors in almost all states
>>
>>1346632
Exactly how I feel

Taxi cabs have such shit service and they'll scam you for your money by taking the longest route or adding fare

Cabs haven't evolved and got too comfy monopolized, now they're going extinct
>>
>>1346424
>>1346426
>>1346577
>>1346409
rooting for you
but honestly how many people from different industries have gotten fucked over by advancements in technology
beepers? gone
land lines? gone
(in five years) cable: gone
taxis have been slow to advance; they're gonna end up on the chopping block if they do't catch up, really really soon
>>
>>1346409
Uber is awesome, direct feedback, and full transparency. If the cars/drivers are shit - they'll be off the road in days.

Your dad is at best a minority of taxi drivers, or at worst another scrub.
>>
>>1346424
some people invested in enron for their retirement. oops.
>>
I run a Chauffeur service. We're losing a lot of work to uber aswell.

We cannot pick people up from the street like Taxis do.
By law we are limited to pre-booked fares only, and the price is agreed upon when booking.
So uber is pretty much our direct competition.

We still have airport transfers because they are shoehorned into travel agency fees but travel agencies are dying off too.
The only thing uber hasn't tainted are weddings and funerals.

I know plenty of guys that have quit their job to go drive for Uber.
They end up making less than as a salaried Chauffeur.

This industry is dying. I love this job but I'm selling and getting the fuck out if I get the chance.
>>
of course Uber is more profitable (for Uber itself), they don't even pay taxes of respect public transport regulations.
but at some point, they will be fucked.
>>
>>1347281
the taxi industry needs to hire Uber staff as consultants
they'll get it back on track
>>
>>1347356
the taxi industries already has a shitload of uber-like apps. it's not the app what makes uber "good", it's the fact that their shit is borderline illegal. I guess they allowed because of political corruption.
>>
>>1346424
Welcome to free market faggot. Have you already took a cab once in your life?
>drives like a madman when no passengers, like a granny when clients
>listens to whatever shithole the cabowner is from music
>passive aggressive
>try to cuc k you by taking longer routes
>speaks loudly on the phone
>no freestuf like a pack of mint or bottle of water
>choose not to go to certain areas
>and so on
Stay poor
>>
>>1347362
Or maybe the taxi industry was propped up as much as it used to be because of political corruption lol
I don't mean about taxis having an app; I mean about consultants overhauling the taxi industry by saying "if we're going to stay afloat we're going to have to make changes into how people perceive our industry"
they need a facelift
>>
>>1347372
Don't bullshit yourself. People use uber because its the cheapest option and no other reason.

We have none of your greentext in the chauffeur business yet we are still losing customers to uber.
>>
>>1346409
uber is the cheapest and most available option
you think uber's bad? how about when google or some other company unveils its fucking self driving rideshare cars? then uber is fucked too!
look to the future, cabs are NOT in it
>>
why don't taxi companies try to get contracts with medicare/medicaid to do medical transport.
cuz medical transporters are overwhelmed and those places already have the infrastructure to participate
I just don't know if they meet the conditions for coverage
>>
File: 1398409895463.png (96KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1398409895463.png
96KB, 680x680px
Things change, adapt and stay ahead of the curve or become history. You chose to stubbornly go against the new grain and now yer fucked.
>>
>>1347419
Cheaper AND better
>>
>>1347552
>uber better than a professional chauffeur
That is obviously false and if you actually think that way you are more than slightly mentally handicapped.
>>
>>1346409
Just remind yourself that once self-driving cars get legalized, Uber will go the same way your family business did only faster.
>>
>>1346632
>>1347043

This except I do use uber/lyft on occasion. You want to make a monopoly, don't be surprised when people pirate/moonshine. Why pay 30-40 for a cab when an uber will do it for 10? Fuck cabs. You cunts got greedy, now you go out of business. That's capitalism, baby.

>>1347419

I like the idea that uber/lyft are just normal people, and not some licensed monopoly-held kike trying to screw everyone over. Cab drivers are slimy and full of tricks to jew you.

>>1349065

>thinking we'll ever get self driving cars

Just like pizza/package delivery drones and efficient public transport, I'm sure the government will step in to regulate it to hell and ruin everything for everyone. Reminder government regulation is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>1349013
See? This is why you ppl will never make it. Can't take the competition. Low energy.
>>
>>1346409
>relying on government regulation to bail you from big bad disruptive uber when taxi rates are a massive ripoff and it's harder than ever to get cab service in a big city during peak hours
>having the nerve to cry about government regulation when it's corrupt local governments that are the only thing keeping cab companies in business
eat shit faggot, take your baby boomer mentality and gtfo
>>
>>1347249
Uber limos anon. start it.
>>
>>1349065
please that's ubers main plan. b/c they're the only people with enough size to manage the national fleet.
>>
>>1349895
Nah man, uber still takes a cut and fleets aren't really national, unless you're Greyhound. Uber won't be able to compete with local co-operatives once they can't exploit their drivers.
>>
>>1346424
Why should governments have to bail out the losers in business just because you made a bad investment?

If were up to cabbies we would all still be paying 10 times the price and having to call up some faggot to go any where. Uber solved that problem that's why its so popular because taxis are over-priced and offer and inferior service.

It sucks that you lost but that's just business.
>>
>>1346632
Seconded. If some faggot's app can destroy your industry over night then it seems to me like you were just offering a shitty proposition.
>>
>>1349013
>cabbie
>professional

Top kek, cabbies are uneducated scum
>>
>>1346577
First of all, you need commercial vehicle insurance to drive for uber, they may not tell you this but its for your own safety because you will be fucked if you get into an accident if you dont own it and your passenger sues you.
Second The rate they make doesnt cover vehicles expenses at all. This video is very true
>>
>>1346409
Couldn't he have rented those cars and used them for uber?

Warren Buffet money philosophy on things instead on money.

Use someone else's money, not your own.
>>
>>1346409
If the ship is sinking, leave it. I don't understand those people that stay employed in businesses that are going under.
>>
>>1346424
cabs are dead man you of all people should know this
>>
Uber drivers hate Uber. Don't believe me? UberPeople.net

Fuck Uber.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.