[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying some dividends in the banking sector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (54KB, 469x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
54KB, 469x200px
I'm thinking of buying some dividends in the banking sector and i'm wondering how much of a smart investment that is.

Secondly, Do they work the way that i think they do. As in paying out every month?
>>
>>1346019
The other option is just invest in something more practical such as things that you always need.

Like batteries, Solar Panels and Ball Bearings.

Because i'm unsure what will happen if the banking collapses.
>>
Do HSBC if you have balls. Dividend is high and they pay every quarter (3months). Most don't pay every month. REIT's are more likely to.
>>
>>1346030
Alright. What about things with low risk such as Solar Panels and shit like that?
>>
>>1346035
>low risk
>Solar Panels
pick one

Honestly a bank stock at risk of brexit is less risky than a solar stock.
>>
>>1346039
Now what i don't understand is why? everyones buying them.
>>
>>1346019
dividend investing is not my forte but in order to achieve a decent return on dividends alone you need to invest a ton of money into high dividend yield stock. I get the principle of compounding and DRIP funds, but still it takes so long for dividends to pay off and they only really reach their full potential if the gains are re-invested into more stock in order to acquire more dividends.
>>
>>1346043
>everyones buying them.
They are very low margin now, with the bulk of production in China. The major cost of going solar is now installation costs. Great if you are a solar roofer, bad if you sell solar panels.
>>
>>1346054
>>1346049
Yeah, I looked at it recently.

You've gotta drop about 5,000 into it just to see a return of 700.

That's a shame, I'm assuming batteries are the same then? Like electric cars and shit like that.
>>
>>1346023
friend, if the banking collapses, everything collapses
>>
>>1346058
>I'm assuming batteries are the same then?
Well Tesla is building a gigantic factory so that they have a margin advantage.
>>
This is my plan if I ever get a substantial amount of money. I'd the majority in something safe. But then the rest I'd go for high dividends.
>>
>>1346078
Well, They don't really cost that much.

It's just a matter of dumping a small amount into them.
>>
>>1346081
That's true, but I'm still a student so I've got a year or two before I start making any money.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.