[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You should only invest if you do it full-time and with other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: shkreli.jpg (63KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
shkreli.jpg
63KB, 950x534px
If you have 20k$ just go on a nice vacation instead of investing.

Thats what shkreli says in his introduction to investing. Do you agree?

I feel like it would be better to try and invest your excess money instead of letting it all rot in a bank account. The goal wont be to get insanely rich but just to make the best off what you have.
>>
$20k can add up to a lot over 30 years in an index fund.
>>
probably not wise to take advice from a smug early 30's new money know-it-all whos under indictment for defrauding investors
>>
Why the fuck would you listen to a word this guy says
>>
>>1188344
>>1188345
saw his videos being recommended a couple of times. Not taking anything at face value, but I think its worth to get to know lots of different opinions.
>>
>>1188333
you can never be too poor to invest.. heck even $1 invested is better than nothing invested.. These people are just shills to keep the masses in a state of perpetual ignorance
>>
Take your 20k put on AVP July it's 40k then go on a nicer vacation. AVP going to double by summer. Sales of skin so soft and other non-deet anti-mosqito products going to push quarterly earnings thru the roof. Ziki virus panic going to have pregnant women desperately searching for any non chemichal product to ward off mosqitoes
>>
>>1188333
you should invest if yous a hard hitting give no fucks kinda of nigga

you should invest if one of your idols is Willy Wonka
>>
>>1188333
I think he's mostly talking to people who think they can live off daytrading $20k and quit their job, and then become a millionaire.

He straight up said at one point that the best thing you should do, even as the best investor in the world, is to put aside what you earn and invest it.
>>
His investing style is only suited for millionaires and people who want to run hedge funds, the whole finance lessons he did are for the most part useless to the common man as he is the kind of investor who has millions to throw around in long term stocks.

The best thing you can learn from him is how he analyzed fundamentals, everything else was extremely biased towards wall street people/mentalities.
>>
>>1188354
Isn't this guy literally a criminal being charged with numerous things, whose hedge funds have all went bankrupt and lots more?

Doesn't really seem like a trustworthy guy.
>>
>>1188502

His advice to leverage the shit out of yourself by shorting stocks only worked for him because of insider trading

99.9999% of people will lose their ass doing this

Everything he says is a lie
>>
>>1188502
>Doesn't really seem like a trustworthy guy.

I know you /biz/raelies value money over any other value in life, but this guy literally prevented people acquiring drugs at a reasonable cost simply for the benefit of his wallet.

He is literally the epitome of what is wrong with humanity. We respect people like Ghandi, Florence Nightingale because they gave their lives for a greater good of others. He is the antithesis of what people consider to be good, unless ofc, you're a Lolbertarian or Republian.
>>
>>1188543
>prevented people acquiring drugs
but he didn't do that.

>Ghandi
molested little girls regularly.
>>
>>1188333
Good advice for 99% of people - therefore good advice in aggregate.
>>
>>1188333

I have been back and forth on Shkreli and if he's legit or not.

The guy is a selfish piece of shit. The more he discouranges little fish from investing, the more predictable he can keep the market, and thus the more he can make money.

Literally everything this guy does is about making more money.
>>
>>1189480
But Shkreli is a little fish in his market.
>>
>>1189485

exactly. He is selectively discouraging people smaller than himself, while knowing full well that he is a little fish in a big pond.
>>
He didn't say "don't invest." He said "don't be a moron and think that you can get rich by actively investing a few thousand dollars."
>>
>>1188543

He didn't though. Good job believing the 9gag posts.
>>
>>1189480
Come on now, he doesnt expect jack shit to happen because of his youtube videos. You have spent too much time on /pol/
>>
i figure that morons who stat buying into a stock that i had already bought in to would drive the cost up so i could sell at a profit.

oh, but i have autism brain, so he should stop what hes saying, we need these people to buy.
>>
>investing full time
It's called trading, specifically day trading, not investing.
>>
>>1188543
Go cry to Reddit
His product, his choice about what to do with it, people are still buying it and the extra costs are only hurting healthcare companies.

It may have not been smart if one looked at blowblack from consumers and the gubment for what he did, but it is nothing he should be sued over.
>>
>>1189485
...How exactly? Saying that you have a high chances of failing being a newbie trying to play with pennies on the market is a general belief most would agree with and is often stated on this board. If that is enough to discourage some people, it at least makes sense. No one is putting a gun to their head and saying if the will invest or not.
>>
>>1190052
>Warren Buffet is a daytrader

you are fucking retarded
>>
>>1188342
20k in an EE bond = 40k in 20 years.
>>
File: avp.png (38KB, 715x543px) Image search: [Google]
avp.png
38KB, 715x543px
>>1188413
>long AVP
That balance sheet isn't looking so healthy senpai. As in junk.
>>
>>1188333
>If you have 20k$ just go on a nice vacation instead of investing.

What are index funds and compounding.
>>
>>1188342
No it won't
>>
>>1188543
We don't like the guy not because of the misinform, but because he's surrounded by his court of fedora wielding Manchildren . Daraprim's new price goes to the insurances, insurance companies can't raise prices just because the drug price went up. The guy is literally fucking the big guy up, unlike the media wants you to believe, the small guy can go but it for a dollar. The drug is so old and dangerous the R&D is needed badly for it, no one made profit for it so no one developed it. This all while trolling the shit out of media, in it's self funny and bretty cool guy when it comes to this. This is all cool and no one is denying this here, it's as close to the real truth as we will ever get. I actually emailed him once with shit he can't answer to for like a year, so I'll be waiting for my reply in 2018. I have nothing against the guy as a person, he seems pretty cool.

Too bad The Martin Shkreli Fanclub United (co) comes here to shill his evaluation memes and really believes everything the dude says at facevalue, his advice is only good when it comes to the book recommendations and few basic things here and there. I'd say you'd benefit much more from reading about how to read a balance sheet rather than watch the guy perform 16h of the same shit. The guy knows shit but he's never obviously going to tell how he really made his money. I'm not taking a stand on did he acquire his money illegally or legally, saying it was illegal before a court decision is libel and I refuse to get involved in such speculation. Anyone who believes "THIS IS HOW YOU GET RICH THE DETAILED VERSION"- speech might as well buy the lanky ass tony the tiger looking motherfuckers books and pay for his expensive hobbies. For those people I also recommend Anton Kreil's courses (Anton is of course a huge bae but his courses are hustling for money), PUA forums and of course "The Secret".
>>
>>1188543
>prevented people acquiring drugs at a reasonable cost

He only jacked up the price for insurance companies. Normal people get the drug almost for a reasonable price.

>In an interview with Bloomberg Markets, Shkreli claimed that despite the price increase, patient co-pays would actually be lower; that many patients would get the drug at no cost; that Turing has expanded its free drug program; and that it sold half of its drugs for one dollar.[60] He defended the price hike by saying, "If there was a company that was selling an Aston Martin at the price of a bicycle, and we buy that company and we ask to charge Toyota prices, I don’t think that that should be a crime".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli#Price_hike_controversy

The guy saw a hole in the market and used it.
>>
>>1188333
should I take my $15k out of my index fund and put it into a savings account then?

can someone tell me why I should do this? seems dumb
>>
>>1188345
>"Why would you listen to financial advice from a multi-millionaire CEO?"
>>
>>1188543
>this guy literally prevented people acquiring drugs at a reasonable cost simply for the benefit of his wallet.

I see you drank the kool-aide
>>
>>1188345
Even though he is a baddie, the books he listed in his first video were pretty good senpai.
>>
>>1190481
That wasn't actually his point. His original point was it's dumb to think you'll get rich from investing if you only have a couple grand.
>>
>>1188501
>People who aren't millionaires should just throw their money into random pump-n-dump biotechs
u wut? Fundamental value investing is the best way to invest regardless of your financial position.
>>
>>1188543
Kill yourself and the go back to liberal retard land.
>>
>>1188508
It actually didn't work for him, that's why he's in trouble now. But he never told the average person to do that. He just said it's something people should consider.
>>
>>1190354

That's 40k more than if you've pissed it away on a vacation.
>>
>>1188342

Guy is clearly talking about active investing not index funds.

>>1188344

His advice is actually very sensible unlike the kind of shit you encounter on here.

>>1188356

Yes you fucking can, retard. What is risk? What is capital? It's amazing you dumbfucks even manage to breath. No $1 is not better than nothing. You are actually losing money if you're "investing" insignificant capital.

>>1188501

The point he made was that the common man should never get into active trading or any sort of esoteric investment schemes. Just do the usuals mix of index/mutual funds, treasury bonds and real estate. You don't have the capital nor can you afford the risk to do anything else. PLUS you don't have the time nor the skill nor the needed environment.

And if you did, then DO quit your job and open an investment firm. Because you can turn $1000 into $1100 you can also turn $1000000 into $1001000 much more easily.

That was his point entirely.
>>
>>1190787
with inflation 40k would give you the same if not less of a vacation the 20k would give you. So it doesnt matter. your 40k 20 years later will be worth less than your 20k now.
>>
>>1188543
>iterally prevented people acquiring drugs at a reasonable cost simply for the benefit of his wallet
right except he didnt you slandering SJW faggot
>>
>>1188344
>investing is an unnecessary risk
>"nah, i don't trust you, i'm going to listen to stocktwits and win!"
why did you even make this post? it has nothing to do with OP
>>
File: image.png (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 800x600px
>>1188333
>quoting this psycho scammer unironically
Hi Martin. Now fuck off!
>>
>>1188344
literally being scapegoated by tptb
>>
>>1188333

He just wants to feel above the average peasant and in NYC 20k ain't much if you aren't a housing project nigger or a peasant spic.

After 10 years your 20k is 32k with compound interest at 5% average annual return (very doable I think).

If you don't live in an overpriced city this is the way to savings and an early retirement.
>>
>>1188345
Because not everyone starts companies worth over a billion$ ?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-09-52-54.png (110KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-09-52-54.png
110KB, 1080x1920px
I don't agree because I'm a professional robin hood trader
>>
File: 1430699114697.jpg (169KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1430699114697.jpg
169KB, 640x1136px
>>1190427
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1190045

The point is that he willingly chooses to mislead people, even if the chance is small that it will somehow benefit him and put more money in his pocket.
>>
>>1191522
Hi Martin!
>getting butthurt when someone calls out your court of manchildren
>someone is not taking an extreme stand of thinking you are the devil or actively hoping to get the chance to suck your dick
>ILL CALL YOU FEDORA HA THATLL TEACH U!!1
>implying implications

The point was that Martins Fanbase is very devoted to the man and "Yes!"-Man him a bit too much. If you really think youre going to become rich from watching his finance lessons you really should buy The secret and the four hour workweek. Why?
Because you're a gullible fuck who likes to be taken on a ride.
>>
>>1188345
>why would you take advice from someone immensely successful
>>
File: 34b346.jpg (5KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
34b346.jpg
5KB, 187x200px
>he's 32 or 33 or whatever
>already made over $100,000,000
>he says it was all legal
>does not ever go into detail how he did it

sure kiddo
>>
>>1190792
>You are actually losing money if you're "investing" insignificant capital.
not if you invest in a leaf rake or kneepads or something
>>
>>1191723
You're a retard and I'm not saying it for the reason you think I am.
>>
>>1192517

>successful
>Literally lost 93% of his wealth in 6 months
>most likely won't even have a million net worth by the time his legal issues are resolved
>>
>>1189480
>Literally everything this guy does is about making more money.

I agree with everything you said and yet can't hold it against him as I know I'd do the same in his position.
>>
>>1191435
>implying

99% of people he's offering the advice to do not have access to other peoples money for investment purposes.

Which means if you're in that 99% you HAVE to invest in order to maintain your purchasing power in the long run. Be it $100 or $1,000,000.

To that point I said: Consider the source. That's absolutely relevant to what OP asked.

>>1191445
>scapegoated

Drug pricing? Yes.

Criminal indictment? No.

You don't just borrow money from people for one thing - use it for something entirely different (which luckily happens to work out) - then use that to pay them back with to cover up your BS. That's called fraud and it's illegal.
>>
You should only invest in things you know and with the goal to preserve your money.

Making money is done elsewhere.
>>
>>1192542
Do enlighten me, why?
So I can see your point of view on the matter.
>>
>>1192545
>Literally lost 93% of his wealth in 6 months

thats not true, 'literally' prove it

also, even if it was it doesn't discredit him being a success

lol @ the butthurt this man ensues
>>
>>1192713
>ensue
This word does not mean what you think it means.
>>
Martin Shkreli Was Bad at Investing and Worse at Stealing Money to Cover it Up, Say Authorities.

According to prosecutors, Shkreli tried his hand at investing several times over, all to disastrous results.

Between 2006 and 2007, authorities say, Shkreli had lost all the money that had been invested in his first hedge fund, Elea Capital Management, resulting a $2.3 million dollar default judgement to Lehman Brothers.

That information was omitted from investor pitches when Shkreli started his second hedge fund, MSMB Capital, in 2009. In emails, the US Attorneys Office alleges, Shkreli told potential investors the fund was liquid and monitored by independent CPAs. Neither of these assertions were true.

In the meantime, he kept raising money, telling a potential investor in November 2010 that the fund had assets worth $35 million.

“In fact,” the indictment alleges, “the value of assets in MSMB Capital’s bank and brokerage accounts totaled approximately $700.”
>>
Low capital investments in low risk ventures aren't anything bad. That's how you fucking grow.

What kind of coke fueled vacation do you need to spend $20k? I'd triple that amount in a year.
>>
>>1192787
>if get 200% returns per year
Want to know how I know you're from /pol/ or /r9k/ and don't know shit about /biz/?
>>
>>1192796

I'm not an autist who is unable of thinking outside the dimensions of financial market investments. If you can't turn 20k into 60k in 1 year using any method you wish then you're a wageslave babby.
>>
why do people keep bringing up Shkreli's videos? they are beyond basic advice you would find literally anywhere

>don't actively invest if you have no idea what you're doing
yeah no shit
>>
>>1192713

Well, you're right

It is actually 90%,but I was close
>>
>>1192713

He literally has, dumbass.

Just google it acne you'll see plentiful articles about it.

Je has lost over 40 million since December ands has has less than 4 million total right now and going to burn through it in legal fees

Why are you sucking his dick so hard when you don't even know three facts
>>
>>1192599

Well I draw the line when it comes to fucking people over.

Shkreli doesn't.

You don't live forever. I would like to be remembered as a good man.
>>
File: soap.jpg (160KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
soap.jpg
160KB, 500x625px
@Martin YOLO ! lolololol
>>
YEAH just fucking GOOGLE it.
He actually lost 99.9 percent (!) of his MSMB trading account and LIED to the investors who gave him money.

SHKRELI told Investor 1 that MSMB Capital had $35 million in assets under management and that the fund's independent auditor and administrator were Rothstein, Kass & Company, P.C. ("Rothstein Kass") and NAV Consulting Inc. ("NAV Consulting"), respectively. At the time of this representation, MSMB Capital did not have an independent auditor or administrator, and SHKRELI had lost through trading the approximately $700,000 that had been invested by the four Capital Limited Partners. In fact, as of November 30, 2010, the value of assets in MSMB Capital's bank and brokerage accounts totaled approximately $700.

So he lost 99.9 percent.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-12-17/martin-shkreli-accused-of-being-surprisingly-good-at-fraud
>>
>>1188543
he didn't though. He's got regular rate, payment assistant rate if you don't have insurance and a few bucks, and if for the cost of filling out a form saying you're broke you get it for free.

If you follow the money, he's actually a good guy raising money for research from the insurance companies.
No one but idiots who believe your misinformation would not get the pill. You folks are the cancer killing people. Not Skrelli the manchild.
>>
>>1189480
> he has an affect on the market at all.
>>
Shkreli's next court date is scheduled for May 3 in Brooklyn federal court.
Shkreli is facing up to 20 years in prison. YOLO! lol
>>
>>1192858
>articles from left wing sources are proof

wew lad
>>
>>1188333
Maybe this statement was wrong, but at least he is someone who will teach you how to play the stock market from 0. Instead of what a lot of crooks do telling you to watch the graph and see bullshit like dogs and mountains there. You will not be successful with just his course to invest in the stock market but for sure you will have the tools to know if your uncle's new business idea is an opportunity or a no-no.
>>
>>1188333
if you plan on being a day trader go for it otherwise youre going to lose more than you gain in investing stocks
>>
>>1193524
I hope he does go to jail. That way, in a federal prison you can have access to the internet and shit, he can fully commit to teaching others how to invest.
>>
>>1194336
Lol ...
>>
>>1194341
In a way, you can't really argue that lmao
>>
>>1190794
You have literally no idea what you're talking about
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.