[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here doing sportsbetting? ive been trying to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: banner3[1].png (176KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
banner3[1].png
176KB, 960x360px
anyone here doing sportsbetting? ive been trying to get into it for fun and ive only had medicore success. i just feel like the risk/reward ratio is almost always shit. ive used statistical methods to choose my picks and while that seems to work just fine to get a good number of bets right i just about break even. can anyone give me some general advice how to maximize profits?
>>
This, i need too lel
>>
Isn't there a way to hedge against losses that is completely legal?
>>
>>1026393

Yeah. It's called the exchange.
>>
>>1026372

i just bet on mma since its the only sport i know/care about: started last year with 100 bucks and went up to 900 but since then its up and down at around 600 bucks...
thinking of getting my money out of this before i lose it all... but in another way it's play money that makes the fights more interesting, more involved, and 600 dollars isn't much and might be worth the entertainment. what should i do. i presume i could invest those 600 bucks and would be better off in the long term so ... i guess the smart choice would be to do that.
>>
maximize profits? dont bet on meme "sharp" "reverse line movement" "point spread" sports like basketball or football. 50/50 at best and only guys with super duper computer models will be even moderately successful

desu, its a grind like anything else but make sure to BE SMART AND KNOW YOUR STUFF. i do ok, not main job of course, but know quirks, motivations, how to live bet due to whats currently happening.

the only general advice is fuckin manage your money and dont be stupid and chase cause youve had a losing day
>>
>>1026372

waste of time
>>
>>1026393
betfair, smarkets, betdaq...

or just the opposing betat another bookies if you're just going to take a hit and get out of the position...
>>
>>1026372
line shopping and pre race trading are probably the easier things to look into

also if you're a poor fag/student do a bit of bonus whoring first but don't burn bridges with all the books... (google matched betting for more details)

actual handicapping is tough and will require you to invest time analysing data, building models, reading academic papers if you want to do it right... on the other hand there are bookies out there who are simply 'square' and finding an edge by comparing their lines to say pinnacle could pay off... though you could quickly find yourself being banned/limited depending how you go about this...

also pre race markets... essentially there are trading opportunities on the exchanges in the few minutes before a race/event/match.. prices can move a bit in this period and if you can find inefficiencies... maybe you can implement some form of momentum strategy then there is money to be made... these exchanges have an API too if you're into coding

lastly ref: the API - you've also got the possibility of marketmaking on an exchange and/or across multiple exchanges - will require some technical skills... this can also potentially involve arbitrage too
>>
>>1026372

Bet on Serena Williams
Free money
>>
I've been making a killing this year. I use advanced statistical algorithms to bet on NFL games. Looking to expand to NBA and add in real-time weather and injury updates for next season.

Here is my site:

nflstatz.wordpress.com
>>
I started betting on NFL this year. Opened an online account with a $750 bankroll and got as high as $3100, now sitting at $2450. I'm done until next season.
>>
>>1027059
Nice. Have you ever looked into moneyline betting? I never done it but I'm curious.
>>
Racing is incredibly corrupt and any money you make without inside knowledge is pure luck.

Sports are emotionally driven. Unless you're amazing calculations can take into account outside influences, they're rubbish.

Best bet is to work on a sport you know intimately, look for a line bet/point spread and wait till the betting agency fuck up. Then go hard.
And they do fuck up on occasion and offer just a few to many points in.
>>
>>1027693
This is what I have been doing in the NFL for 15 years. Home dogs are the key. If you take chalk you are going to have a bad time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.