[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

those who have actually been trading for at least a year how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Z74PSgw.jpg (110KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
Z74PSgw.jpg
110KB, 500x547px
those who have actually been trading for at least a year how much money are you making of trading per day/weekly? how's your win/lose ratio? how much do you need to make the profits you're making? and what books resources have helped you the most besides expirience
>>
$300/day is my goal. "Goal": the point I can reasoanbly expect to achieve and that when reached, either no more trades will be taken or position size will be greatly reduced.

I reach my goal 60% of the days. I'm green by the end of the day 80% of the days.

These days I keep around $3k in my brokerage account but I can use my own assets as margin.
>>
>>1026335
So 60% of your days you manage to make a 10% profit on 3k somehow? Proof?
>>
>>1026343
It's not like I could "just take bigger positions". Liquidity is also a problem in my country. If I increased my max position by 10 times, I would already cause significant market impact and experience bigger spreads and slippage costs. That's why institutions hire mathematicians and computer scientists/programmers, besides setting up ultra-low latency connections with the exchanges.
Why would I need to provide proof? I'm not selling you anything. Do you doubt consistent profits can be made from trading? Keep in mind that I lost almost $1 million in my 5 year learning process before becoming profitable. Since then I never made $50k in a single day, but I also never lost $100k in a single day again.
>>
I've made ~$3k/day over the last 20 trading days, excluding half-days. Profitability fluctuates based on market conditions and what strategies I'm using, but this is the lowest it's been since 2013. The market is shit recently.

My ratio is about 88x day-to-day for fourth quarter 2015. These kinds of trading strategies require a minimum six figures of buying power and can only be implemented via an algorithmic platform which I had to build from scratch.

I hope that got your attention because this is the really important part.

The stock market is the greatest wealth creation engine in history.
Stop doing napkin math to see if "trading for a living" is feasible based on the results of other traders. Your trading style won't be anything like theirs.

Start reading EVERYTHING, start tinkering with strategy, turn your fucking brain on and start paper trading TODAY. If you don't have play-money positions by noon tomorrow, then you're not even remotely serious about this and you should move on to something else.
>>
>>1026898
any good site for play-money that doesn't ask for credit card?
>>
>>1026898
> Not sure if fake or not
Tell us smth about your strategies if you dont mind
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.