[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Labor demand in the u.s.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0356.jpg (824KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
824KB, 2448x3264px
http://www.bls.gov/ore/pdf/st000120.pdf

http://www.returnofkings.com/48373/permanent-unemployment-is-americas-permanent-future

I've been out of high school sense 2012, went to a tech school for a few months during the winter of 2014/2015 studying welding and machining. I've been looking for and applying to job offerings sense 2012 and I'm still unemployed. I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing for me were i live now, so i want to drive to where ever there is demand for what i can provide. I can live out of my car and am willing to do anything outside of murder and sucking dick.

So my question is where in the u.s. demand for labor is highest as well as what kind of labor that is so i can prepare before leave?

pic is some of the material i studied in tech school.
>>
>>1024510
If you havent found a job in 3 years it is YOUR fault, sorry kid. Also you might be dumber than you think you are. It's a tough pill to swallow, I know. But your grammatical errors are very basic words and sentence structures learned around the age of 12 or so, and you fail hard.
God bless.
>>
>>1024510
Dude....You can't just be unemployed for three years. If you can't find a job in this field, and you're fresh out of high school, take up work at a fast food place or something.
>>
>>1024567
>fast food
>something a male gets a job in

I always point out to people I'm with how many businesses are run by all female staff.
>>
>>1024510
Texas here. We have alot of labor jobs and laborers. That said it may be tough to get into because it's mostly legal and illegal Hispanics that work labor. Also employers are pretty demanding about experience around here, so if are inexperienced and without connections, you will have a more difficult time.

Oh and oil & gas is offloading a ton of people, so there will be alot of blue collar workers you will be competing with, in addition to all the Hispanics.

Dallas and Houston will probably be your best bets.
>>
>>1024510
Area's of growth.
>>
>Unable to find a job for 3 years
>IN THE US

I can understand if you're in Brazil or some shit. But dude I am willing to bet you've sent over 100 applications in those 3 years.

If you're unemployed and you wish to be employed, SPEND ALL YOUR TIME applying to every single job opening and company. E V E R Y S I N G L E O N E. Don't apply to 5 and call it a day and go back to LoL.

Don't apply to 10 and call it a week and go back to LoL, apply to all of them and some not even hiring. You'll 100% get a job quickly.
>>
>>1024572
You can't seriously be trying to tell me there's no minimum-wage, entry-level position that a man can reasonably expect to find employment in.
>>
>can't find a job in three years

Dude work at Walmart and look for a better job while you're doing it that shit is unacceptable.

Also most people do a shitty job of looking for a job because they don't treat it like a job. I promise if you're hustling for a job every day from 9-5 you'll get one.
>>
>>1024579
>>1024595
>You gotta spend 100% of your waking hours to snag a job, people!

>The economy is doing just fine and jobs are everywhere, honest!

The cognitive dissonance...
>>
>>1024601

Lol I was able to get a job at Walmart in the midst of 2008 economic doomsday. Companies like that need the people and have such high turnover it's really easy to get in. I worked part time while at school. It was a waste of time cause I didn't make shit but it's still good to say I worked my way through college in interviews for real jobs.
>>
>>1024605
>2008

>Back in my day, jobs were plentiful

It's 2016 dude. 2008 was back when there weren't heaping helpfuls of QE, or the knowledge that subprime fraud would not be prosecuted.

In addition, you pander to the OP about getting a job in his field of welding and machining and have the gall to say "herp derp, keep on applying".

You seem to misunderstand the fact that companies that are up to OSHA compliance and have the necessary equipment to actually accomplish welding and machine work are few and far between.

As for you, OP, I wish you the best. If do intend to drive to find work, I'd suggest avoiding the West U.S. and the South U.S. in light of what will happen in the future.
>>
Christ is board is depressing.
>>
>>1024617
Ignorance is bliss.
>>
File: IMG_0602_2.jpg (921KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0602_2.jpg
921KB, 2448x3264px
op here, appreciate all of the input good or bad
>>1024567
>>1024579
>>1024595
i hear you guys and understand why you'd be skeptical about a guy that says he can't find a job after looking this long. part of the problem, or most of the problem probably lays in the fact that the town I've been living in isn't that large and is mostly populated by retirees and people who want a quiet place to raise a family, the later being the reason why i ended up here. most business here is in store fronts, restraints, and every thing needed to keep roads, pluming, and such from falling apart.

I've been stuck here for awhile but ill will be able to move soon thanks to a family member selling me a fixer upper car for cheap and being almost finished fixing said car (or jeep, pic related).

this is why I'm asking where labor is in demand.
>>1024576
>>1024616
ill take your word into consideration. I've been thinking about north dakota after hearing there is oil industry there, even as bad as oil is doing right now it might be worth a shot.

to elaborate, i can weld with mig, stick, or tig and can use manual and cnc lathes and mills as well as read technical drawing for all of the above and know the basics of programing for cnc machines, thou id need more experience to do cnc programing full time.
>>
File: IMG_0336.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1024617
>>1024631
op again
if i was looking for rainbows and smiles every time i go on the web, i wouldn't keep coming back to 4chan. thou id be lying if i said going inawoods and living as a primitive hunter/gatherer or farmer with hand tools didn't cross mind often. pic is of pig i shot while at gran gran's going to tech school.
>>
>>1024631
Or /biz/ is filled with curmudgeons.
>>
>>1024653
Everything is completely fucked unless you suck cock damn well (figurative or literal) or you manage to chart a course through the minefield of making it on your own - typically on daddy's dime.

The curmudgeonly attitude is merely that of a realist.
>>
>>1024580
I shit you not. Any time I see a guy, it's a grown dude working in the back all by himself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.