[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK here's the deal. I'm 25 and never had a job. I suffer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Smart-And-Final-History.jpg (237KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Smart-And-Final-History.jpg
237KB, 800x600px
OK here's the deal. I'm 25 and never had a job. I suffer from a speech impediment, not a lisp BTW and I have a job or an interview tomorrow at Smart and Final. I am so nervous how do I get over this?
>>
I don't even have clothes, fuck.
>>
>>1015718
Just have some self-steem. And don't wear a formal suit, just some jeans and a plaid shirt.
>>
Man up. If you really want the job, let it shine through and you'll get it. But wear clothes though
>>
>>1015725
I mean, I have clothes, but not alot just like 4 pairs of outfits.
>>
>>1015727
Let's face it, it's retail - they don't expect you to turn up in a suit. What is your speech impediment exactly?
>>
File: 1420184619994.jpg (47KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1420184619994.jpg
47KB, 500x341px
The key to confidence is legitimately not giving a fuck. Show up looking good (don't wear a blazer, that's overdoing it) and answer all the questions they ask you honestly and calmly.

What happens if you don't get the job? You just apply for another one. It helps if you don't tell friends/family that you're going on an interview.
>>
>>1015730
I stutter ALOT
>>
>>1015749
Just don't lead with your stuttering problem. If your interviewer asks if you're nervous, or gives you a weird look after you talk, just straight-up tell them you've got a stuttering problem. Either they'll try to ignore it, or want to hire you because they might get tax benefits for hiring somebody with a disability.
>>
>>1015718
you are 25 and not done any honest work? wtf?
>>
>>1015723

WTF? Don't go to a job interview in jeans for fuck sake, it might be retail but still don't go in jeans. Just wear some slacks/black dress pants and a good dress shirt. You'll be golden.

Also, bullshitting A LITTLE is fine. Emphasis on "a little". Don't go overboard.
>>
>>1015820
do you see what company he's going to?
>>
I also lied about graduating high school and lied about having a job before
>>
>>1015924
I'm curious, what have you been doing in the last 5 years?
>>
>>1015937
Nothing. Just been drinking and smoking weed with my friends. But better late than never right?
>>
>>1015940
So what made you decide to get a job now?
>>
>>1015940

Smoke weed and/or get drunk before your interview. That helps the stutter, no?
>>
>>1015944
Because my aunt threaten to kick it me out from her house just like my mom did. So I had to make a change.
>>
>>1015945
Yes but we both know that's not happening. At least not in the interview.
>>
>>1015953

>Smoke weed and/or get drunk BEFORE your interview.
>>
>>1015959
I know what you meant, but I'm not going to ruin my chance by doing that since the job is only 2 minutes away by foot :)
>>
>>1015973

It's the only way you have a chance :/
>>
>>1015945
>>1015959
>>1015976
Shut the fuck up already

>>1015973
What is your goal in life?
>>
>>1015985

Sounds like somebody needs to smoke some weed and/or drink something.
>>
>>1015973

Ashwaganda and/or phenibut. Next.
>>
Find some xanax and take it.
>>
>>1015731
>It helps if you don't tell friends/family that you're going on an interview.

This is the best advice op.
Listen, NEVER tell anyone you`re job hunting. I learned this the hard way.
>>
>>1016923
Why don't you tell people?
>>
>>1017043
because they will start offering their own "advice and knowledge", plus the pressure on you to "ace" your interview will be even greater which means it will be more likely you fuck it up
>>
>>1017056
Damn I think ima fuck it up, I don't even know what to say
>>
>>1017065
Dude, its a retail job, don't sweat it. All these kinds of jobs look at is if you get along well with people, and if you come off as if you aren't a total tard. They'll probably ask about past jobs, or what you're familiar with. Just say some BS about you had to help customers with their problems and think of a little story that demonstrates that.

You'll be fine bro. I got a lisp and used to be really really self conscious about it, especially with girls. I didn't even say any words with S or Z so people wouldn't know. But now? Fuck dude. If people pick on you for that shit, it's because that's the only fault they can find, so they're stretching.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.