[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do with 10k to increase it ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 54.png (1KB, 170x100px) Image search: [Google]
54.png
1KB, 170x100px
What would you do with 10k to increase it ?
>>
Stock market
>>
>>1007158

10k worth of lipstick and kneepads.
>>
>>1007158

CFDs no question
>>
>>1007171

I agree with this anon
>>
>put it in bank
>get 7% return
>>
>>1007158
Honestly, I'd put it towards my house downpayment. An owner-occupied home is not an investment, but in areas with high rent and high house prices it's a saving strategy. I already make decent money, I'd use the 10k to make me save more of it. Unfortunately it's only 1/7th of a down payment, but it'd progress.
>>
>>1007171
>>1007172
top kek

Invest it in an index fund OP.
>>
Personally, probably sports gambling if I was willing to lose it. It's risky since upsets do happen, but it's the fastest way to potentially grow money as well.
>>
File: 1449088678105.jpg (21KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1449088678105.jpg
21KB, 576x432px
>>1007158
Leverage it first. Then look at the currencies combined with the stocks, or you can simply leverage couple of indexes. Usd will do fine next couple years for example.

10k --> 100-200k easily in next 5 years.
>>
Index funds.
>>
File: 9.jpg (28KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
28KB, 300x400px
>>1007171
Depends where you live. In usa cfd's are illegal. And many of european countries dont have tax deduction on cfds for private investors, basically he should be investing to cfds thru a company if that was the case for his country.
>>
>>1007369
>invest in index fund
lol what kind of pleb nonsense, find a startup research the shit out of it, make sure you can recite their financials by memory that's how well you should know them and their products, =400% profit.
>>
File: image.jpg (658KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
658KB, 1000x667px
>>1007435
>looking for unicorns
This is literally the first thing people tell you to NEVER do when investing. Bulls make money, Bears make money, but Pigs just get slaughtered.
>>
File: 6CtfkTy.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6CtfkTy.gif
2MB, 480x360px
Index fund buy and hold meme was originally created and pushed by brokerage houses. Brokers make lot more money from secondary offerings.

It's a nice trick and they are profiting big time as more and more unexperienced investors buy into the scheme without thinking too much. It's actually very easy to sell the idea for people. Staistically, buy and hold index for a retirement or something like that, it's pretty fucking bad idea. Not only your returns are not going to be what you expect, but the whole idea of annual 8-9% whatever returns is so false it's funny. There is no guaranteed returns. Just look at Japan. Even in dow 20 year zero or negative returns after taxes and inflation are very likely.
>>
>>1007419
Explain what leveraging is.
>>
>>1007368
>what is an FHA loan at 3.5 percent down.
>>
>>1007158

Pay off my $10K debt because that effectively makes me more than $10K.
>>
>>1007531
Leveraging is where you borrow money to buy stocks. For example, a 2% ROI on $10,000 is only $200. However, if you take those 10k and borrow $90,000, then a 2% ROI is $2,000. Afterwards, you pay back the money you borrowed, plus interest, and keep the remainder which may only be $1,000. So instead of making $200, you make 400% more. That's the basic idea but there's much more to it.
>>
>>1007158
spend it and get a job
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.