[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general consensus on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: happy japanese.jpg (112KB, 750x1164px) Image search: [Google]
happy japanese.jpg
112KB, 750x1164px
What's the general consensus on this?
>>
Great book, I enjoyed it from front cover to back cover, really genuine guy. Gave some very easy to follow examples, great if you're just getting into personal finance, but it's more of a beginner book to get your dick wet, if you're experienced you might want to read something a little more complicated.
>>
>>1006852
i love when my dick gets wet anon
>>
>>1006852

What are some good intermediate personal finance books?
>>
>>1006850
If you need motivation from a book...

Most of it is just rebranding words and YOU CAN DO IT nonsense. He is a failed real estate guy who makes all his money giving lectures and the dad is entirely made up.
>>
>>1006850
Its a really long allegory supporting financial literacy.
100% of the practical stuff is outdated, outmoded, or illegal.
It got my head thinking, but mostly I ended up wasting tremendous amounts of time chasing the passive income mirage.

cashflow quadrant is better, and the game and accompanying cds are by far his best work.
>>
File: 1392897395516.jpg (2MB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1392897395516.jpg
2MB, 1345x1450px
you must read all of these in any order
>>
>>1006950
>dad is entirely made up.
Kinda guessed. The first part of the book is nice, the rest is bs and useless jabbering about..shit really
>>
>>1007539
Tl;Dr: invest in small and mid cap index funds when you're young; bonds when you're old
>>
>>1007539
Is there something like this but organized by importance?
>>
File: 1450328355085.jpg (57KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1450328355085.jpg
57KB, 620x670px
>>1006950
>failed real estate guy

everyone and their mother was a 'real estate guy' during the housing bubble toplel

just like everyone was a 'investor' during the dotcom bubble in the 90's

o wow you can pump shit during a bubble and bankrupt yourself. well done!!!111
>>
>>1007539
>>in any order.
Lol there is Advanced macro on that list. Would be a tough book to start with
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (213KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
213KB, 805x1000px
>>1006850
>tfw no dad
>>
File: image.gif (117KB, 1680x1188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
117KB, 1680x1188px
Cash flow quadrant is so much better.
>>
>>1006850
rich cuck
poor cuck
>>
>>1007840
Kek
>>
>>1007840
How did this not get word filtered?

Can I do this too?

Cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>1007653
got me there. no dad too

i remember being 15 and being roped into chipping in with my brother and mother to get the book set. my mom and brother had all these dreams of using the information in those books to get rich

they made it through half a chapter. gave up after they realized you had to make some money to actually invest it. im 29 now and have no idea where those books are.

i did read the rich dad book and my concensus is the part about your house not being an investment, but an expense, is about right. whether you own or rent the money going to your house is an expense. as expenses are, im trying to limit my exposure to it, so if there is a problem with my house i fix it asap. my last thing ill do is pay off the mortgage since that will save me about 550/mo in housing expenses
>>
>>1007932
cuck
>>
>>1007950
Housing can absolutely be a pure asset, but only on a grand scale. If you buy two quadruplexes of quality town houses (~2m), you can make more money than you spend monthly by a longshot, plus live in a decent townhouse for life.

The problem is none of us make enough money to reach proper margins. Once again, the key to success and riches is to already be successful and have riches.
>>
>>1006850>>1006850
Some guy I'm friends with on Facebook who is in a pyramid scheme read it and liked it so take that for what it's worth
>>
>>1008695
>A book about acquiring businesses/investments.
>pyramid schemes
These two things are unrelated.
You most likely didn't even read the book, and somehow you seem to be okay with speaking about it without any context.
>>
>>1006850
One of those inane self help jerkoff
>>
inane 'self help' platitudes, nothing to see here
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.