[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>poker is a skill game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ev.png (82KB, 1515x853px) Image search: [Google]
ev.png
82KB, 1515x853px
>poker is a skill game
>>
>>1005725
What am I looking at? Whose record vs. Whose record? Whose on first?
>>
>>1005726
green line is reality, gold is mathematical expectation.
>>
>>1005725
try spin n go's less variance
trust me
>>
>>1005725
and
>what is samplesize
>>
>>1005743
it says right there on the graph
>>
>>1005759
>implying i cant read
>implying 8,5k hands is a big enough samplesize
>>
>>1005725
lol poker players.

on average you guys are such fucking retards.
>>
>>1005827
do you even into statistics?
>>
File: stats.png (26KB, 530x469px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
26KB, 530x469px
My tournament record.
>>
File: lol.png (599KB, 946x517px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
599KB, 946x517px
Fold Full house?
>>
>>1006434
Let me guess. You limped in with tens? Deserved to lose.
>>
>>1005728
Looks to me like you should be playing at tables with lower limits kiddo
>>
>>1006451
it suggests i should be playing higher limits.
>>
>>1006443
This. Plus he could have easily gotten away from the hand on the flop or turn. He was beaten by K or higher pp on the flop and a flush on the turn. He almost needed to catch a fh on the river to be able to confidently call a large bet/raise from a tight player. Even after catching the fh on the river he's still beat by k6 kk or 66. With that said I wouldn't have folded a fh on the river either. Some hands you can play perfectly and still lose. That's variance.
>>
>>1006434
>can't look at everyone's face on the table

Why would you even play poker on the net?
>>
>>1006463
Most tells have nothing to do with facial expression. It mostly comes down to gameplay, betting style, how aggressive they are and what range they play. If you can study these, they are way more dependable than a facial tic or shaky hand.
>>
>>1006465
But that shit isn't fun. No bants, no chat? Pretty soulless if you ask me.
>>
>>1006467
It's really not fun to be honest. Logging tons of hours of online poker can become a grind really fast and suck out any enjoyment you previously had playing.
>>
>>1006465
>most tells have nothing to do with facial expression

Objectively wrong. People's hands shake, sure, because they are cold, or maybe they just have shaky hands. This is why you look for things such as what the temperature is in the room, how old they are, if they have low blood sugar, etc.. When you've deduced that it's not cold and they don't naturally shake, then you ask yourself, why are they shaking? Is it because they are bluffing or strong? Turns out, most people shake when they are strong over bluffing, though, in order to really find this out, you have to play a hand with them and get them to showdown.

Once you've identified for that person that shaky hands = strong, you now have a reliable tell. Some people look plain ol' pissed off when betting, or they don't smoke their cigarettes with such big clouds, but rather, holding it in and barely blowing it out, and some people support themselves by putting more weight on their hands, holding themselves up, or they have their hands clasped together as if they are praying.

>>1006467
it very much is soulless playing online. though, if you're playing for money, you're not playing for fun.
>>
>>1006454
>it suggests
Lol no shit dumbass it wants more money from you.
>>
>>1005725
that graph makes me very sad
>>
>>1006463
spot the donkey
>>
>>1006541
funny thing is that the lower stakes have a higher rake, and there's also less action at the higher stakes. it's why pokerstars got rid of games higher than 500nl? whatever stake it is.

>calling someone a dumbass who makes 10k+ per month playing a fucking card game
>>
>>1006586

>Bragging about alleged gambling income with no proof on a Malaysian cave painting forum
>>
>>1005827
dont be a fucking retard, its poker.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.