[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

L2invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: areyouspecialneeds.jpg (51KB, 776x723px) Image search: [Google]
areyouspecialneeds.jpg
51KB, 776x723px
Hey guys, noob here. Doesnt look like you have a sticky so ill just get right to it.

I want to take up investing as a hobby, but i have literally no idea where to start.

>Should i just pick a sector and start learning about the major businesses in said sector?

>Should i fuck around with mutual funds for a bit just to get myself into investing?

I'm happy to read any books you suggest but i am a big believer that at some point you have to get your finger out of your ass and actually take action so yeah, what im really looking for is how to prepare for beginning to invest

Thanks bros, ill really appreciate any input.
>>
>>1005203
invest in kneepads
>>
>>1005203
Only invest in things you understand inside & out.
- find out everything there is to find out about something you're considering investing in. I don't care if it takes a week, just do it. Members of the board, executives, who they hire, who their customers are, everything.
Don't let your impatience trick you into buying the best of a shitty lot - sometimes there are no evident good deals.

Also the intelligent investor by ben graham

Also demo accounts.
>>
>>1005203
You should buy bitcoins, then sell them and buy Gulden
>>
Buy energy. Just ask if you are interested further
>>
>>1005242
Thanks man, really appreciate the response. How do i go about the selection process for choosing which businesses to analyse? should i just pick 5 random businesses per month etc, or is there some method with a little more accuracy?
>>
>>1005203
Just search investing online.
>>
>>1005278
Hey, just woke up.

That's a skill set you'll develop over time. To start with just look at some blue chips.

And make sure you look through a company's financials (learn what all this stuff means if you didn't take accounting in highschool), and their reports to shareholders. Companies which have unserviceable, high levels of debt are bad news.
>>
>>1005203
I started trading hypothetical money on investopedia. a lot of the mistakes I made there I didn't need to make with real money.
>>
>>1005203
Dont buy individual stocks, wet your teeth with ETF's, Mutual funds, Robo advisers.

One tip if its the only thing that will ever stick in your fucking head from this thread.

Make a plan with Timetables 5 years, 10 years retirement and make a fucking plan, and STICK to your FUCKING PLAN. You would be surprised how many people would sell when low and buy when high its a panic reaction to loss.

Stick to your fucking plan ride it out.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.