[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything that won't eventually get outsourced to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1447681883445.jpg (37KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447681883445.jpg
37KB, 593x640px
Is there anything that won't eventually get outsourced to Indians/Pakis/China? Is there any point in studying anything or working on any skills if they will just get outsourced and cost $2/hour?
>>
>>1005180

Anything that involves creativity or proper English skills won't be outsourced.

So just find a job that requires one or the other. Although robots will probably take over the proper English one, since robots can actually write articles on generic topics better and better now.
>>
>>1005180
Nothing except for menial labor gets outsourced.

The only jobs that can be outsourced are ones where it requires 0 communication, 0 quality assurance, nothing really.
>>
>>1005180
>Is there anything that won't eventually get outsourced to Indians/Pakis/China?

Time critical jobs won't get outsourced. Yeah the Chinese can make a 1 off part for cheap, but you need that part NOW not 3 days from now. A domestic company can get you that part the next day because they are a few hundred miles away, not 6000 miles away. Airplanes are not portals. An overseas flight is 12 hours.

Anything related to the defense industry. Congress and the DoD won't let adversaries build our weapons.

Anything that is cheap, but heavy or bulky. Shipping costs eat up any potential profit. Common building materials are a big thing.
>>
>>1005218
>Time critical jobs

Not if their products can be easily transferred over the Internet
>>
>>1005180
Unskilled labor? No. There'll always be room for skilled and intellectual work though.
>>
>>1005180
CEO
>>
>>1005336
Why do you think so? There are hundreds of thousands of Chinese, Indiands, etc. who are far better educated than you and me, and can produce quality intellectual and creative work.
>>
>invest in monasteries
>move to one
They're basically gated communities where everyone live like in utopia.
>>
My consultancy outsources monkey jobs

Making (shitty) mobile apps
Making (shitty) websites
Creating documents

Then we need a guy to admin those guys and look at their work.
>>
>>1005821
Yes but they're not in the country

A lot of skilled jobs also require a body, especially if the company wants to actually invest in them.
>>
i thought about this a long time ago while i was an angsty teenager.
>didnt go to university
>got normal job
>got promoted to manager
>use the money i earn now to buy farmable land and invest.
india and china are coming up in the world which means they will have a growing middle class which will want better quality food and medicine.
no one wants to eat anything they grow.

doing better than most people my age and friends but there are a few that a well ahead.
>>
>>1005188
Phone support gets outsourced to India / Philippines all the time.

>>1005180
Advanced technology / national security technology doesn't get outsourced. You know, the stuff that you have to be a US citizen / need security clearance for.
>>
>>1005854
>Buying farmland instead of just bottling Canada's fresh air
>>
Sucking dick
>>
>>1005923
>Phone support gets outsourced to India / Philippines all the time.

Yes because phone support is the lowest tier of work imaginable.

>Yes hello sir my name is Rajesh... Have you tried turning it off and on again? *reads through script*

If you can be replaced by someone who doesn't even speak English and just answers the phone and reads off a script then you deserve to be unemployed.

This is just incredibly pathetic for a native citizen of a 1st world country. Like wtf?
>>
>>1005923
Phone calls from customers who have already given you their money aren't really important bar a few industries. For example, if I called my phone company to complain about a bill, I would get an American on the horn, because I could potentially stop giving them money if I was unsatisfied. The same doesn't apply to Wal-mart or Charter Cable, where people buy because they have no other choice.

Only real reason to get a real salesperson on the phone is if the customer is a large business
>>
>>1005821
they're not in the country and you would have massive communication problems

trying to communicate to rajeed who can barely understand English across continents on time sensitive tasks would be fucking hell on earth.

the quality of work would go down considerably
>>
trucking can not be outsourced
>>
testing if banned
>>
>>1006209
But it will be replaced or significantly reduced by automated driving.
>>
>>1006216
4chan.org/banned
>>
3rd world outsourcing won't last forever, some time in the future their economies will improve and it will cost the same to hire there or here, the preference will be your own soil at that point.
>>
Waiting tables will never be outsourced, and won't be taken over by robots until they are ridiculously cheap, since most servers are already barely paid.
>>
>>1006310
Lol, are you serious? The amount of resources is limited, and other countries won't be able to adjust without the quality of life completely plummeting in the 1st world.
>>
>>1006310
At that point we'll be using robots instead of Indians.
>>
>>1006209
They can and do import drivers who do it for a third of the money though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.