[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Graduated college 7 months ago >Know exactly what industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1444723359278.jpg (49KB, 1439x799px) Image search: [Google]
1444723359278.jpg
49KB, 1439x799px
>Graduated college 7 months ago
>Know exactly what industry I want to go into, but no real entry-level jobs available
>Trying to get into sports marketing, but my experience in College was a lot of TV sports production
>Old man works in the same industry I want to enter
>Have built a small network of contacts, but no job
>Apply for jobs and get rejected
>NEET living with my parents with no end in sight
>Can't move out to seek a layman's job in my field because "You are financially dependent on us and we won't let you"

At what point am I supposed to just give up and take a cushy yuppie do-nothing job for 20 years like everyone else who has a silver-spoon in their mouth?
>>
>>1005071
>Old man works in the same industry I want to enter

Use your dad's network of contacts.
>>
>Can't move out to seek a layman's job in my field because "You are financially dependent on us and we won't let you"

Elaborate on this. Something is wrong here. Living at home should not limit your opportunity unless there's a geographical problem. Are you pulling one over on us?

I don't know anything about this field but you should be applying for work in tangentially related areas at the very least for work experience.
>>
>>1005071
You've applied to marketing jobs outside of sports?
>>
>No real entry-level jobs available

Go lower than fuccboi.
>>
>>1005079

Here's the thing:

>Want to work in auto racing
>Auto racing is based out of North Carolina
>Went to school in North Carolina but had to move back in with my parents in New York
>There are no auto racing jobs in New York

If I were able to move to North Carolina I'd at least be able to go and sweep the floor at a late model shop if nothing else came up. In New York I just waste away with all the guineas and geriatrics in my hometown.
>>
>>1005077

I've gotten contacts through him, but it's all consultations and no actual work.
>>
>>1005127
so start your own work. Most of the money in racing is sponsorship. Make a sick plan, and sell it to a few enthusiasts that you are the one to make it happen b/c you are the new hotness and they're working with old and busted.
>>
Try /r9k/

You'll fit right in with the anime picture and the selfpitying sad story.
>>
>>1005129
How do you make a small fortune in racing?

Start with a large one.

It is so fucking hard to make money in racing I found it's best to leave that to someone else.

My plan is to make so much that I become a team owner. The only correct move.
>>
>>1005071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G3kQyqMFpQ
>>
I sort of know this feel.

>be poor living with daddy
>live innawoods
>no jobs
>cant move closer to the city because rent too damn high
>>
>>1005071
I lost almost 3 years worth of working experience because I waited around trying to get the job I wanted.

In order of preference
1. your dream job
2. a job related to your dream job
3. a general desk job though a temp agency
4. whatever you can get because having a job helps you get a job

Since I did nothing for close to 3 years I started at #4. Worked a year and managed to get a #2 type job. I was also looking at #3 type jobs in case this one fell through.
>>
>>1005223

I get what you're saying, but I tried applying for a trainee program related to what I'm trying to do and I still got turned away.

If I can't even get into a temp position, what chance in Hell do I have of securing a full-time one?
>>
>>1005071
What college degrees are even worth getting now?

I hear a lot of companies hire, say, a skilled self learned programmer over an ok programmer who has a "comp sci" degree, so that to me says comp sci degrees aren't worth getting.

Any similar degrees where skill > degree as far as employment outlook is concerned?
>>
>>1005071
Kill yourself you worthless fucking weeb

You're not gonna make it
>>
Look for something you enjoy doing. I also suggest you create your own business. You can try to achieve your fullest potential. Here is an article I read that might help. - http://www.g-tome.com/why-playing-it-safe-is-the-most-dangerous-thing-you-can-do-by-andrea-schulman/
or go to this site for other interesting things for you to be better. - http://www.g-tome.com
>>
>>1005270
You couldn't get into THAT temp position. 2015's problem is a flood of qualified workers, to combat that you need to freshen up your resume every week and apply to at least 20 places per week. AT LEAST. It should be closer to 50.

You don't even need to qualify for the job, so long as you have basic skills and believe you can do it if taught on the job. The only way to force your foot in the door is to find a desperate company and use them for 2 years to get the experience.
>>
>>1005071
College is a business model, it only has to do with people you know or friends. Jobs would rather give free tranning and pay them less, rather then pay a college graduate normal pay.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.