[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this manga a good way to educate myself about investment and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Zaizen.jpg (280KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zaizen.jpg
280KB, 842x1200px
Is this manga a good way to educate myself about investment and money matters in general? Starting from a position of absolute ignorance I've found it to be quite informative, and it's led to various jumping off points to look up on Investopedia.
>>
Its quite good. Terribly drawn. The major lessons about scale, Value, and access to Value are quite good. Also a great deal of very good psychology of money.

That said it is at best a tertiary information source. No one ever got rich reading tertiary information. You've got to go to the source and master the source material.

True investors are analyzing raw data and formulating decisions off of it.
>>
File: Listen to the Voice of Money.jpg (197KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Listen to the Voice of Money.jpg
197KB, 840x1200px
>>
File: exit.jpg (230KB, 869x1248px) Image search: [Google]
exit.jpg
230KB, 869x1248px
>>
File: Buffetsama.jpg (222KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Buffetsama.jpg
222KB, 840x1200px
>>
>>1004800
>>1004795
>>1004793
>>1004778
Thanks guys this is my new manga.
>>
>>1004793
>>1004795
>>1004800
>>1004803
It appears you are in fact Chinese.
>>
Fairly surprised anyone read it, but I suppose this would be the board of it. I have to admit, the quotes from that book tend to go over my head to some extent. I'm sure it isn't going to make my fortune or anything; I'm more hoping it serves as a decent gateway. Yes, the art is bad and the demon bits seem jarring. The time-bending is also rather ham fisted, as well as the way in which two groups always seem to be explaining the same things at the same time.

All that said, I'm enjoying it so far. It got me to try Trade Hero, and I'm hoping that that in turn will give me a good idea of whether I'd get anywhere with real stocks. as relates to the manga, I've mostly taken away that it's important to bide your time, set a reasonable threshold for cutting losses and not getting greedy, and also to wait for stocks to plummet before buying.

It made Forex look particularly exciting as well.

>>1004805
Give it a try for sure if you have a casual interest and want to learn some of the principles and terminology.
>>
>>1004793
>>1004795
>>1004800
Forgot to add historically inaccurate. I am quite certain that The First did not have lined paper in the early Meiji period.
>>
File: 1450361632775.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450361632775.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>1004808
>>1004812
I'm a weeaboo trying to grow out of it so this type of material seems great, perfect for this transitional point in my life.

LI SHENG:
Your little link that has a bunch of epubs and txts: which is the most useful? I just graduated with a finance degree at 26, so I'm just a tiny bit insecure about going into the industry at my age, and just a little bit unnerved. I don't have a current long term goal, I just know that I need to keep working and stay in the habit of that.

tl-dr: which is the most useful of your texts for an older graduate beginning to take life seriously?
>>
>>1004823

It might actually be a little beneath you, Ketchum-kun. I come from a liberal arts background so it's new and interesting but I can only imagine that to someone qualified it might be a bit 101 - excluding the more abstract material Shen Long mentioned.
>>
>>1004834
They don't teach you
>Money is people, People are money
or
>Listen to the voice of money
in accounting and finance. This might be more meta than what I studied, but might be more inspirational.
>>
>>1004848
That's what I meant by
>more abstract material

Is it inspirational? I'd genuinely like to know about how people from the finance side of things view subjects like that. The circles I move in wouldn't accept that Investor Z wasn't intended as satire, and without exception view money, corporations et al as evil without question or reprieve.
>>
>>1004851
Tbh they sound like poorcucks. I say that because that's how I used to think.
>>
>>1004859
Not entirely poorcuckery: it's partly that, but also ideological. To a certain extent then, elective poorcuckery. If you read the manga you'll see an excellent example in the protag's dad - noteworthy in that he isn't remotely liberal.
>>
>>1004823
Without a specific problem. Start with EP-SMW it delves into your personal psychology of money. Most bad decisions with money were pure unregulated emotion. Going through and uninstalling bad memes is a hell of a task. but necessary for your brain computer's efficiency. Once the bloatware of life is gone you can go full sanic mode.

Then Having just graduated its really time for you to stack, and to stack you need to convince people that you're worth it. Go for Dreamjob second.

everyone needs personal finance and IWTY2BR is the best in my opinion, unless you use a CC like a drug addict uses drugs, in which case Ramsey is better, his stuff is a always quick torrent away.

Once you've got about 30k stacked in the brokerage account. check out the investment stuff.

Also implement the Credit stuff ASAP time and frequency are the biggest advantages here.

Also jdownloader top tier for the linklists.

They're all really good but that should get you started.
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
>>
>>1004883
Thanks dude, however: EP SMW links don't seem to be up anymore? What was the name of the actual book?

Thank you Shenmue. Honestly.
>>
>>1004851
/spoiler/ the dads a poorcuck.
this is all handled in like ch2 when they talk about money and banking being born.

Basically Money is just the Tangible form of desire, or as a corollary anti-desire.

Corporations are just a legal entity, nothing even worth remarking about. What could be considered evil are the laws surrounding them. which in application creates some moral faultlines. Frankly the limitations of liability have been such a remarkable boon for economies world wide that only lotto player math fails to recognize successful tradeoff.
Secondly the corporation aside from being a piece of paper, is often a set of human systems, organized by someone to achieve a directive. That morality is a human one. and there are limits to it in the long run. If you run your business like a penny pinching grifter, you'll be penniless soon. One needs only to look at costco. The business model would be better if they could offer goods in bulk for near nothing, costco would be literally the only store. but through extensive testing they often rewrite margin contracts in favor of their suppliers, because the suppliers undercut themselves, to the point where their sustainability is in question.
>>
>>1004949
Hey Li Sheng, OP here but my ID's changed. Probably just got banned on /fit/ or something.

EP SMW links don't seem to be up anymore? What was the name of the actual book?

Was the Dream Job epub something you have to pay for on Ramit's site or is it the free pdf you get from signing up?

Going through what I can now, btw. Thanks.
>>
>>1004924
Honestly I feel no one takes my advice. This ones always the first to die. I'll have it zipped and uploaded in a few.
>>
>>1004956
Its in the links under triple maximum wageslave
>>
>>1004956
shit that ones down too. Its going to be a long night.
>>
>>1004956
Don't impersonate me with pertinent questions you jerk.

>>1004949
I don't want to get into this with you in a big way, but surely what you're saying re: CostCo comes down to those with the least conscience making the most profit and as such, the most profit-driven and callous individuals will be the most successful in the field of finance?
>>
>>1004972
Dude I'm OP.

>>1004964
It's become a meme to ask if you're Chinese, but you definitely are listened to and respected here. You are basically the Drake of /biz/. Thanks for the effort mate, you're helping at least one lad today who's seeking your knowledge. That is worth it.
>>
>>1004978
>>1004972
Jesus Christ, I'm losing it. I'm not OP but the guy who said he's gonna read Investor Z.
>>
>>1004987
Alright, then. Consider yourself un-jerked.
>>
>>1004972
In general the greediest folks have short lived or marginal success. Rarely do they have the capacity to raise themselves beyond pond scum.

In an infinite world Infinite greed would be most beneficial. but in a real world with hard limits in many areas, there are peaks of value efficiency created in particular when time is included.
If gold was the most valuable thing in the world everyone would mine gold, but within a week everyone would be dead and the last richest person would die happy.

Business is in many ways the art of solving a shifting set of problems. The more problems you solve the more successful you'll be.
Business loves efficiency, but it loves Effectiveness above all.
If callousness and huge profit margins are effective long term you could be in business for a bit, but you have to crush all innovation and 100% of competitors. which is never going to happen. as such they are ineffective long term solutions. arguably that depends on what you call long term, but for most businesses that's 100 years.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oldest-companies-on-earth-2014-8?op=1
>>
>>1005020
Surely most investors don't care about the business 100 years from now: they care about maximum profit today. Once that has been reaped, they can move on. What care has money for art or innovation, beyond what it can extort from it?
>>
>>1005027
Money is neutral it does not care.
>>1004793
Money and people's desires are the same. Replace the term money with I or Bill or Susie.
I or Bill or Susie could be replaced with Mine or Bills or Susie's Time, which is independently valued by the individual. Bill doesn't care that iphones can save him time. He doesn't need it phones are to call people. Susie doesn't care about art she's got a tumblr and see's "beautiful" things all day, why would either of them exchange their hard earned microwave burrito money for art or innovation.

And when you're discussing maximums and time frames you introduce local and global maxima. and that really becomes apparent when you include absolute values.
Look at the penny stock traders. I made 1B% returns. But how much is that in real dollars. $10.

What you earn in your lifetime is a reflection of how valuable you were to others around you. or if you're more cynical how much you convinced others you were worth.
>>
>>1005059
This is fascinating stuff, and I thank you for sharing it with me.

>how much you convinced others you were worth

Isn't this what it's really all about? The money man's strength is legerdemain: his ability with the confidence trick. He has nothing to bring to the table; yet he stands to profit from the sweat of others. He will put the money in place in order for an innovator to flourish. He will provide the resources. Then, once it turns a profit he tears it away wholesale and moves along.

He is Mephistopheles incarnate!
>>
>>1005072
first You're discounting money here. Money has worth.
second There's a saying in business. Two men go into business together, one with money, one with experience. the man with money leaves with an experience and the man with experience leaves with the money.

Its a two sided game
>>
>>1004924
>>1004956
Okay the First Parts up if you want to get a head start. You can unzip and keep the broken files that should get you the first parts of the fast start guide. I'll have the complete thing soon.
>>
>>1005111
its under HustleMuscleRehab
>>
>>1005114
Why isn't there a sticky filled with luscious info for virgins, like /fit/ and /x/ have, among other boards?
>>
>>1005118
mods are gods.
Also business and finance are huge subjects. There are massive arguments over method by people who are all speaking the truth in one shape or form. but also a lot of shilling.
also international problems.
>>
>>1005133
Well, that's a sad state of affairs then. I'm sure not all of them have such venerable doubles.
>>
>>1005059
If you inherit 10 apartments and you rent them for the rest of your life, or if you win the lottery and live from that money, you haven't really convinced anybody of how much you are worth, nobody is giving you money because they see you as valuable. Same happens if you steal a million usd. Or if you stock trade. What you said is vey subjective
>>
Looks like the first upload is completely done. Get some bois
>>1005114
>>
>>1005156
you didn't need to convince anybody of your worth, you had inherent worth b/c you had the money/property rights.
You could also say you convinced your parents, not a relatively high bar but inter generational wealth is extremely rare.

and you had to be somewhat capable. 10 apartments is not an easy thing to manage.
You are the laborer in this case. The house cost you 100k but they are getting to use is for 1k.
If you steal 1M you were probably just as skilled other folks in some legal area you just chose not to use your skills for a decent life.

Stock trading you take your own blood sweat and tears money and put it against a veritable army of analysts and a world of other's blood sweat and tears. Most people lose this battle.

most people who win the lotto go broke. Hell there was a guy who won it twice and went broke both times.
>>
>>1005157
Thanks pal
>>
Triple Maximum Wageslave uploaded and updated.
aka Ramits Find Your Dream Job Course
>>
what's the name of the manga?
>>
>>1005610
investor z
>>
File: 1449494868466.jpg (62KB, 720x434px) Image search: [Google]
1449494868466.jpg
62KB, 720x434px
>>1005610
>the file is over 3GB now

Th-thanks Sheng
>>
>>1004964
Am lurker who takes your advice. Thank you.
>>
>>1005624
>>1005610
>>1005177
>>1005157
Sheng what do you think of Tai Lopez?
>>
>>1006019
I try not to watch people on youtube but I'll check the guy out real quick.
>>
>>1004778
thx for sharing
>>
>>1006019
So I just watched his ted talk on his about page. He is a comically bad presenter, talks on one level throughout. Somehow he managed to take 2 or three points and stretch them to 18 minutes. Nothing is distilled.
Frankly if this guys a millionaire, it should give all of you a tremendous deal of hope.
The message he's delivering is correct, but my god is he bad at delivering it. Little consideration is given to the audience and he spends too much time defending his points.

Some things to admire were the single-mindedness, and the positive attitude, which are absolutely necessary for entrepreneurship.

On the youtube channel most of the quick shit was just meaningless blurbs, and the interviews, were spastic spliced together stuff, which isn't the way I like to get info b/c context is huge and in my opinion is more important than the message 90% of the time.

As far as the man himself, he strikes me as a power networker, not so much listening as letting others talk. however his own idea synthesis is highly under powered. That's my impression over youtube.
I'm not sure what it is about the guy but something seems disingenuous. I've met true believers, he's not one of them. He's got Nouveau Riche written all over him. Also it looks like he's got no real goals at the moment.
>>
>>1006160
You're welcome. Glad it inspired some discussion and turned a few people onto it.
>>
>>1004778
>is a work of fiction good for making decisions in reality?
lol
>>
>>1006353
That's pretty good, that's what I think after a month of going through his stuff. I got a hold of his 67 steps, and the good information is spread between hours of sometimes off-topic and elongated talk.

He's definitely knows some good stuff, and could present it more accessibly, but his business model is each service is magnitudes more expensive than the last, with better information being spread throughout even more rhethoric.

But, I cannot discredit the guy for what he has done. The product is pretty good, it's been useful over the past month in changing my awareness, and I should really reserve full judgement til after I've done the thing start to finish.
>>
>>1006598
6/10 'pretending to be retarded' is the workhorse of the trolling world. Can't really fault you for taking the safe bet.
>>
>learning about finance through a children's comic

If you're of that age I suppose
>>
On a related note, you should check out Spice and Wolf (either the books or the anime). It's mostly basic stuff but it's pretty interesting overall
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.