[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accepting cheques

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1447120989294.jpg (13KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447120989294.jpg
13KB, 650x300px
Do any of you run online businesses that accept cheques? I'm considering accepting cheques as I think I could reach out to that audience who don't yet trust paypal / paying online (old people)

If you do accept cheques, do you have many people use them?
>>
wait wait. Send a check to this address on the internet.
>>
>>1004745

Not familiar with dealing with this issue and legitimately curious: how would an online business take a cheque?

Aside from the risk of people pulling bullshit and the logistics, is there any reason to not take cheques?
>>
I do not accept checks in any form for anything, even B2B sales. They are just way way to unreliable.

About 10 years ago I worked for a pharmacy supply company (not drugs, the little crap you find at walgreens at the checkouts)... I would say out of 100 checks we got from people, 15 would bounce. Of 100 checks we got from businesses who bought from us 8-10 would bounce... I also loved the people who would send a check in the mail and then promptly stop payment. So not only did I bring in product for them that im now stuck with, I get charged $40 stopped check fee

Seriously, if you dont have a credit card or debit card I would much much rather you just went somewhere else. You really arent worth the time and effort to deal with
>>
You mean ACH transfers? yeah those are fine.

Its easier to deal with just VISA/MC/AMEX/DISCOVER when there is an issue than a ton of different banks tho.
>>
>>1004748
All businesses need a registered address. Fred Bloggs selling shit online is different to a company selling shit online.
>>
>>1004756
Yeah, stopped cheque fees would be a pita, though I guess a foreseeable expense which could be offset by prices?
>>
>>1004748

You underestimate the amount of bullshit you have to deal with.

Some of the lowest forms of life on the planet will write a check on an account their either know is not open, they will use someone elses checks, they will stop payment on checks... and each of these will cost ME between 20-40 each time.

Then you have the old fucks who cant hold a pen trying to fill out a completely illegible check and wonder why they didnt get products. Maybe it is because the bank inst going to deposit a check that is written in fucking Sanskrit
>>
>>1004761

And dont forget the bounced check fees.

Checks also take a very long time to just get an order out. If they are mailing it that is anywhere from 1-10 days time before I get the check.

If its an instate check it will take 2-5 business days to clear. If it is out of state is more like 3-10 business days.

So day 1 you put your check in the mail in California. It takes 4 days for it to get to me. Day 6 I deposit the check. Day 12 it clears my bank and I can ship. But we forgot to add 2 weekends, so it is really Day 16. Day 17 I ship your items. Day 19 you get your package

It just took almost 3 weeks to get something because you used a check.
>>
OP here, what about wire transfers to a bank account? Would it be safe?
>>
>>1004882

Yes, but there are some fairly steep fees on wire transfers. Last time I had to wire money to my brother (dont ask) it was a shade over $100 to send $500. Its the reason no one uses wire transfers to shop. They are more of an emergency thing
>>
>>1004745
Just accept postal money orders instead. Far easier to deal with,
>>
>>1004882
>>1004891
Can't you use something like Interac?

In Canada it's a way to wire money all you need is person's email and the fees are like $2 i think to send. But it's non-reversible so if you get scammed you're fucked.

In fact I'm pretty sure it's not even possible to get money back in case of fraud either.
>>
>>1004891
ah in uk, bank to bank transfers are free
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.