[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's too late to get on Bitcoin, no new money will enter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: MuhItstooLateToGetOnBitcoin_.jpg (3MB, 1082x9999px) Image search: [Google]
MuhItstooLateToGetOnBitcoin_.jpg
3MB, 1082x9999px
>it's too late to get on Bitcoin, no new money will enter the market
Biggest nocoiner cope yet?
>>
Biggest nocoiner cope.
>>
This topic is a perfect example of why bitcoin is valueless. Money is valuable because it is used to buy things. Governments make lots of it so that everyone can buy things, many countries even borrow against a nebulous future debt to make money so that people can buy things today.

But bitcoin isn't about buying things. Bitcoin's value is 100% derived from its rarity. No one wants to use bitcoin to buy things, not even criminals, because its generally cheaper to launder real money. The vast staggering majority of bitcoins are simply hoarded, not spent.

It's a digital tulip.
>>
>>1004678
At the very least it's a refuge for money to go to escape inflation. That alone is very valuable thing.
>>
>>1004678
>typical nocoiner bullshit
>I can't buy groceries with bitcoin checkmate bitcoiners...

u wot m8?
>>
>>1004646
>look ma! i keep posting it!
>i like to spam the same meme over and over then when nobody responds anymore i bump the thread!
>>
>>1004678
/thread

Eventually you nerds are going to mine more coins than you can convince (retarded fools) to buy, the market will be flooded with them, and instead of the high Bitcoin prices you fags magically anticipate will happen the price of Bitcoin will go down. Wayyyyyy down. I don't understand what makes you faggots think that Bitcoin will just magically raise in price.
>>
>>1004791
Even with the 21 million cap, it's still too many Bitcoins.
>>
>>1004791

There's a limit to the number that can be mined, so it's an inflation proof currency. Once all Bitcoin are mined, then the value of each individual Bitcoin will be equal to a fractional share of the U.S. economy represented by Bitcoin transactions. I believe it's ultimate value to be in excess of $100k.
>>
>>1004388
Look most, 98% of derivatives are cash settled so comparing notional values is ridiculous.
Also most contracts have steep requirements for delivery, you'd have to subtract the amount of people who are able to fulfill the contract.
>>
>>1004820
are u chinese
>>
>>1004678
>>1004791
This.

Unless you're buying drugs on the deepweb bitcoin is just an unnecessary inconvenience.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 660x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 660x543px
>>1004829
Right, and even if you do want to buy drugs using Bitcoin, you're given the option to buy a fraction of a Bitcoin rather than a whole Bitcoin. So how these faggots can continue to say that Bitcoin is 'inflation proof" is beyond me. Most people haven't bought a whole Bitcoin since 2009. They just buy $50 worth of Bitcoin for X drug which is like 0.0XXXBTC, if Bitcoin becomes 100,000 or a 1,000,000 it'll just be 0.0000XXBTC.

It's a fucking Ponzi scheme and not one of these Bitcoin advocates reinvests their dividends.
>>
>>1004718
>bitcoin
> refuge for money to go to escape inflation

Bitcoins 60-day volatility is 4% - with individual spikes of 14%.
USD's 60-day volatility is .92% - which is a high point.

Yeah, I'll just stay in cash, given only the two options.
>>
File: gold_adjusted_infl.jpg (72KB, 772x577px) Image search: [Google]
gold_adjusted_infl.jpg
72KB, 772x577px
>>1004809
>an inflation proof currency
Not as long as its pegged to inflationary currency. Which it will always be. The miners bought their hardware with inflationary currency. They pay their electricity costs with inflationary currency. Their housing/warehouse costs are all paid for with inflationary currency. That will never change as long as every country treats Bitcoin as a commodity. It is the same exact reason that precious metals rarely outperform inflation. The expenses to mine them are all calculated in inflationary currency.

>chart is how gold has performed over time when adjusted for inflation
>look familiar?
>>
>>1004844
Well bitcoin does have its uses... But outside of trying to avoid traditional financial systems, which can be done MORE effectively by taking payment from paysafecards or moneypak or whatever else it's pretty useless.

But for anything legit, bitcoin is just a terrible idea.
>>
>>1004678
Wow nocoiners are really starting to grasp at straws...

I'm sorry you don't know how to use a small fraction of your income to invest in something with such an enormous upside. Is it really hard being unreasonable all the time? I've always wondered what it's like for people who can't admit they make mistakes.
>>
>>1004775
Look ma! Here I am again, calling out this guy who uses the term "look, ma!"
>>
>>1005147
>such enormous downside as well
Ftfy
>>
>>1005164
>look ma! No matter how many times I get called out I still do it!
>>
>>1005147
>Wow nocoiners are really starting to grasp at straws...

Aren't you guys the ones that need to grasp at straws by constantly having to shill your shitty ponzicoin?

For people who are so certain in it being a good investment, you try to convince everyone else of it as well awfully much.
>>
>>1005170
Look ma! I'm trying to cope and am always wrong!
>>
>>1004791
>reading is hard and I don't understand this crypto nonsense
>get off my lawn!

I can send you a link to good information if you have trouble googling it.

>>1004844
... I'm sorry your mom dropped you. Math is hard.

>>1004849
>actual reasonable argument

Just so you know, some cryptos are working on contracts for things like commodities and and fiat currencies. The idea being that a decentralized market will be more efficient/cheaper than the current stock market.

But yeah, bitcoin is ridiculously volatile. I agree that it's not a decent currency for everyone right now.

>>1004852
>another real argument

Bitcoin isn't the only crypto, I agree that inflation isn't a bad thing despite your average bitcoiner being so averse to it.

>>1004855
>But for anything legit, bitcoin is just a terrible idea.
Yeah except every international money transfer ever. Oh, and that security thing. And don't forget smart contracts which don't exist in the current market. Almost forgot how you can use them for robots to possess a bank account.

Etc.

Whatever dork.

Geez nocoiners, I get that missing the train is upsetting but at least get your facts straight. If you are going to hate crypto, at least know how to push our buttons right. Crypto has huge flaws, harp on them if you want to troll effectively.

You all sound like nut jobs saying that horses are faster than cars and that oil is too hard to extract from the ground.

At least pick on the extensive roadways required or pollution produced.
>>
>>1005174
>look ma! I did it again! I said "cope" again although it doesn't apply! Teehee
>>
>>1005175
>Yeah except every international money transfer ever. Oh, and that security thing.

What security thing?

What happens if someone steals my bitcoins? Who can I report this to in order to get them back? Oh right.

Again, why do you faggot "coiners" need to keep shill your shit here?

Ok great you discovered an amazing investment opportunity and it will go to $10 000 each.. Amazing good job. But why do you need to keep telling EVERYONE else about it? Just keep it in your general or on bitcointalk or on some subreddit please.

I think the thing that discredits you people the absolute most is that you need to keep shilling and shilling on every single website, repeatedly, many times per week. It's almost as if you're just trying to convince yourselves that it's a good idea.
>>
>>1005168
Put in $10, potentially lose $10, potentially gain hundreds or thousands.

>enormous downside

Lol k.

>>1005173
Shill? Ok let me shill some other things.

I suggest you buy gold but not too much, keep a decent savings, own a house, use Linux, have a vanguard account, and own a gun.

You dweeb, learn how to differentiate between shilling and people who are excited about their hobby.

People talk about their gold, houses, stocks, and every investment under the sun. THIS IS A BUSINESS MESSAGE BOARD, of course we are going to talk about investments here, especially ones which are profitable.
>>
>>1005178
>I have no idea that /biz/ was created because of the influx of bitcoin posts on /b/

Hey there newfriend, this is exactly where we should be talking about this stuff. Especially considering that this thread is about bitcoin.

You can leave if you like.
>>
>>1005182
>potentially gain $20
Ftfy

If you want enormous gains and are not against gambling why not try penny stocks? One of them blows up a couple times a day. Bitcoin is too far in the game to have that type of exponential growth. It already happened a long time ago. The amount of money needed to pump into Bitcoin now to even double the marketcap is astronomical, barring market manipulation and scandal like what happened with MtGox in 2013.
>>
>>1005184
>Hey there newfriend, this is exactly where we should be talking about this stuff. Especially considering that this thread is about bitcoin.
>You can leave if you like.

I know but my point is that you guys keep making "NOCOINERS ON SUICIDE WATCH" threads every few days. It gets really annoying when you keep trying to prove to everyone you're smarter than all these "dumb fiat goyim".

>>1005182
>You dweeb, learn how to differentiate between shilling and people who are excited about their hobby.

It would be the same as if someone kept making a thread about one particular stock and trying to desperately explain why everyone who doesn't buy it is missing otu and it will go to the moon and be worth $10 000 for one share and everyone who buys any of it will be rich.
>>
>>1005187
>potentially gain $20
Lol!

But yeah, idk what you are talking about. I know it's a long shot for larger amounts but it's not like it's never happened before. Heck, we just doubled from $250 and if it hits $1k again that will be 4x.

I do understand what you are saying about $100k coins being more difficult than $1k coins. But when I bought at $30 people said the same stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Volatility is an opportunity to make money.

>>1005190
>being butthurt at the culture of 4chan in general

... I'm not sure how to respond to this. It's not like you can hold anyone accountable.

Laughing-facepalm.jpg
>>
>>1005190
>comparing stocks to bitcoin
>not realizing the tremendous value of a digital native currency in a cashless society.
>doesn't into automated micro transactions

Costanza.jpg
>>
>>1005190
This. We're just tired of hearing it folks. If you have news of a new application for use or some proof that Bitcoin is headed towards mainstream adoption, then by all means, I'm all ears. Lately, however, every Bitcoin thread has devolved into "if you don't buy Bitcoin, you're just old and you don't understand it. Cope with these amazing gainz I'm making stupid nocoiners!".

I get that Bitcoin has doubled in price since October, I really do. I also understand that Bitcoin has lost 60% of its value since 2013. I don't think it is humanly possible to be on the winning side to gauge volatility without being one of the market manipulators. Anyone who was able to buy in at the very bottom is in the minority and got lucky catching a falling knife. I also personally don't have any faith Bitcoin will even reach its ATH again. For these reasons I don't buy any. I will continue to respond to these threads with FUD just because I don't think it is sound financial advice to buy Bitcoins right now. If you guys have freedom to shill, then I have freedom to counter-shill.
>>
>>1005190
Also, is the nocoiner bait tasty? You realize you are munching on it right?
>>
>>1005190
But you don't need it to ever have a maximum value higher than what it currently has in order to make literal fucktons of cash. Buy off support, sell off resistance. So far the charts suggest a pretty clear pattern in it's price action. And although I lack the money & conviction to follow through on all my predictions, so far they've been correct.

This week the value will pop through $470 and will rocket to at least $600 before reversing. Don't say you weren't told.
>>
>>1005220
Don't tell the nocoiners!!
>>
>>1005206
Proof? Coindesk/news
If you're still looking for proof you haven't been trying real hard. The fortnight has been full of nothing but good news for both btc & blockchain, which is what's driving it's value up. At the end of the day all you need is good news to make money. The technical arguments are pointless unless you're talking long term.
>>
>>1005239
I read coin desk all the time. I didn't see anything noteworthy or new that justifies Bitcoins mainstream adoption.
>>
File: nn.jpg (31KB, 521x263px) Image search: [Google]
nn.jpg
31KB, 521x263px
>>1005262
Are you blind?
>>
>>1005276
And how is Japan regulating Bitcoin exchanges more somehow good for Bitcoin?
>>
>>1005285
They don't suddenly start lengthy regulation drafting for a product they believe to be irrelevant and unimportant. Do I really have to spell this out for you?
>>
>>1005294
I don't follow your logic. Laws are to keep things in check, not because the government all the sudden embraces it.
>>
>>1005276
And literally 100 types of news, it's not even funny anymore
New York Times
Bloomberg
Reddit
The economist
Zerohedge
Fox news
Cnbc
CNN
Alex Jones info wars
Peter shciff
Reuters
Conspiracy therorists and mainstream news all agree there is something happening beyond everyone's expectations.
>>
>>1005307
None of this is new news that I'm aware of. Yea, everyone knows about Bitcoin now and likes to talk about it. It's been that way for a couple years now. Major developments that affect its adoption rate? I don't see any.
>>
>>1005176
cope
>>
File: BitcoinWins.jpg (115KB, 1173x616px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinWins.jpg
115KB, 1173x616px
>>1004678
cope
>>
File: even mainstream plebs get it.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
even mainstream plebs get it.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>1005309
cope
>>
>>1005320
Lol. You're tireless. I'll give you credit for that. I don't know where you live but in my city we have these Jehovah Witnesses that show up at our doorstep at least twice a month. Different people, mind you but they always say the same exact thing. It's like they have a script they memorize to "open the eyes of the blind". I always wondered why they were so pushy when if they were a little less aggressive they MIGHT have the chance of being more well received.

Anyways.., I didn't really have a point to that story, just thought it slightly applies here. Preach on, brother.
>>
File: BowDownToTheGod.jpg (117KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BowDownToTheGod.jpg
117KB, 675x1200px
>>1005344
cope
>>
>>1005309
EVERY development moves either BTC or blockchain closer to mainstream. Every new exchange that comes online, every new piece of blockchain legislation. The more exposure it gets, the more uptake it receives. And it doesnt need to replace fiat currency, it already has firmly monopolised specific markets, the question is we don't know just how many more it will take, but everybody can see its going to be a lot more than initially expected. The fact that the banks are now desperately trying to play catchup and create their own blockchain is proof of the momentum. In the end, BTC might get replaced with something else, but that won't be happening in the next 12 months. In the meantime, the sun is shining, make some fucking hay. And further to the point, take this crypto stuff seriously because even if BTC dies, there's going to be something bigger and better going to be made, and you'll want to get in at the bottom of that too.
>>
>>1005357
Tl;dr

It doesn't seem like Bitcoin is headed to mainstream adoption at all. In fact the transaction volume isn't even higher than it was 2 years ago. Which means it has made no progress in 2 years.
>>
>>1005367
If you say so dude. You can lead a horse to water and all that.

>doesn't seem like Bitcoin is headed to mainstream adoption at all.
What currency is the worldwide online global blackmarket traded with? Fucking rupees??

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or just amusingly stubborn.
>>
>>1005389
>progress
Meaning it hasn't improved in 2 years. I'm acknowledging it for what it is but I think you're under a false sense that it will somehow blow up more when there is no indication of that.
>>
>>1005389

these people are good indicators desu, every time humammid arrives it means that bitcoin is going to pump.

I can't believe /pol/ was right though there are actual FUD posters here.

The same arguments were used when the price was 200$s desu it does not matter if they were selling dog shit im making huge amounts of money, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>1005357
Bitcoin is IT. Whoever Satoshi Nakamoto was hit the limit of speed of light (this limit being the Proof of Work algo). All relevant innovations will be deployed throught sidechains.
>>
>>1005400
BTC has "stabilized " imo

If it dumps people are going to buy it up
>>
The most hilarious part of bitcoin is that it trashes on fiat yet the ultimate goal is to eventually turn it back into more fiat.
>>
>>1006652

-You're telling me that one day I'll be able to sell a bitcoin for millions each?

>no I'm saying when bitcoins ready, you won't have to.
>>
>>1006659
>don't believe everything you see on the Internet, especially if it's coming from a Bitcoin shill
- George Washington
>>
Just wondering, why did satoshi set the limit at 21 million ? Any particular reason for that number? And if it did take off big time would that limit create a problem?
>>
>>1007070
2.1 billion billion is the maximum value of integer class.
>>
>>1007070
2.1 trillion is the maximum value of the int class. There will be close to 2.1 trillion satoshis in total created.
>>
>>1007070
So there is no inflation ever.
>>
>>1005206
The subject of cryptocurrency encompasses a lot more than just finance. To go against the prevailing order and support distributed money is a political act. And the technology aspects of it are obvious. always believed cryptocurrency threads belong in /pol/ /g/ and /biz/.

If crypto threads are restricted to /biz/ that brings all those political and technological discussion to /biz/ because this is the only place its allowed.

/pol/ is the place for these nocoiner cope threads but if its all restricted to biz you will just have to put up with it
>>
>>1007093
And that's the real thing. People posting in /biz/ are half business and finance professionals and half NEETs and pre-grads wanting to make money. You're not going to sway them with libertarian ideologies and how Bitcoin circumvents fiat because frankly, people here like fiat. That's the whole purpose of why they are here, to make more fiat. I think if any one of them really thought there was a reliable way to make money buying Bitcoin, they would be in, and you wouldn't see all this animosity towards Bitcoin shills. Although not everyone here is a business owner or an investment banker, I still think most of /biz/ is financially savvy enough to smell a con. People don't like being conned. It was the same exact reaction to all the MLM scams that people tried to pull here in the beginning. It was also the same exact reaction this board had to gold shills as doomsdayers. Penny stocks as well. Now they are confined to one Robinhood thread and left alone. Don't feel like Bitcoin is being singled out.
>>
Btc is getting btfo today.
>>
>>1004388
>comparing derivatives to currency markets
what a complete retard, learn how derivatives work.

there are bitcoin based derivate markets available
>>
>>1005220
The price falling today means that you were dead wrong. This is why you don't try to apply technical analysis to Bitcoin, kids.

As always:
>Past performance is not an indicator of future results.
>>
>>1007346
Buying the dip ^^ thanks for alerting me anon
>>
>>1005220
>>1007346
BTFO
Daily reminder to ignore anything Bitcoin shills have to say.
>>
>>1007327
Im not sure you're understanding me. Im not saying people are trying to persuade anyone, im just saying people like to talk about cryptocurrency. And not in a narrow financial way. And this is the only place on 4chan to talk about it.

I think you are mistaking bitcoiners intention. Its not to try to persuade you YOU (you) to invest in bitcoin.

Its more just chest thumping about cryptocurrency.

You see, no one is trying to sell you anything. Cryptocurrency is a social movement. Its a distributed attempt to change the entire world order.

Your point which is
>waaah stop selling me stuff

Is not only wrong but not addressing the whole issue.
>>
>>1007506
You must not browse /biz/ much then. The majority of pro-Bitcoin posts run along the lines of "this is your last chance to buy Bitcoin before it goes to the moon!". My favorite one is "if you don't own at least 1 Bitcoin by 2017 then you will not be in the elite". Even the first post of this thread is implying that it's not too late to buy bitcoins and be rich. Every single Bitcoin thread on here boils down to shills wanting to artificially increase the demand so thier coins are worth more and they can cash out. There may be a few deluded libertarians here that think Bitcoin can upset fiat and overthrow governments but 99% of you are just normal shills. The technological and political aspects are secondary and tertiary afterthoughts used to mask the main goal of "buy Bitcoin so it can be worth more". That's why Bitcoin shills become so upset when we see through thier thin facade.
>>
>>1007506
I would respond to this but I think >>1007520
addressed it fairly succinctly.
>>
Can someone explain something to me?

Bitcoin has already hit the mainstream, everyone knows of its existence and what it is.

Since this is the case, why hasn't the price of Bitcoin skyrocketed?

The hype level caused it to jump to $1200, but now it's dropped to $450. So where's the hype?

People holding BTC claim it's going to be worth $100,000+ some day, yet they don't even hold 1 BTC.

Surely with all the hype and how much the value is supposed to go up, BTC should be getting more valuable by the day, but it's done nothing but lose value, with a few prop ups here and there probably due to market manipulation.

Why does none of this add up?
>>
File: IMAG0780.jpg (748KB, 1520x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0780.jpg
748KB, 1520x2048px
>>1005173
Oh shit it's muhammid 5 reasons not to buy into the Bitcoin hype, normally when he shows up the price is going to pump then dissapears when the price grows
>>
>>1005182
Well duh we made 150% in profit since August, probably bigger gains the a month of /biz/ posts all together.

Even if Bitcoin was a sceheme anything /biz/ brings up originated or is a scheme anyways and has not had gains compares to Bitcoin in a 3 month period.

Bottom line here is were making money sons.
>>
>>1004388
cool img, derivitives aren't a risk except to bad banks and bad banks going under would only strengthen the fed and the dollar.
>>
>>1005367
this
>>1004820
yes and i figure worst case scenario is both parties get wiped out in an instrument, that poses no risk to anyone except those who they're borrowing from i.e. banks that aren't thorough and risky brokers/funds. so 9/10ths of all the derivatives could get wiped out in a flash and it wouldn't even do much real damage to the monetary system and definitely wouldn't break any but the most ill poised central banks, not the fed.
>>
How do I go about nabbing even a couple of bitcents and investing within it these days?
Should I just wait till the market dips downward again?
>>
File: 1447185505701.jpg (294KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447185505701.jpg
294KB, 900x600px
>>1007634
>Bitcoin has already hit the mainstream, everyone knows of its existence and what it is.
Knowing something exists doesn't mean the price immediately skyrockets. In 2002 many people knew Apple Computer existed and they produced some consumer electrics stuff, but their stock was not doing much.

>Since this is the case, why hasn't the price of Bitcoin skyrocketed?
People and (even more important) organizations with money are not buying crypto currencies. Mainstream is not invested and only very few risk seeking venture investors are. The bulk of the people who really know about Bitcoin are still in college or are at the beginning of their careers. They don't have much money to invest, even if they invest all of it. Most of the people who actually have significant assets (age 45 and older) know shit about Bitcoin and have none.

Then when locking at banks and investment funds I never see them buying crypto currencies as strategic investments. All they do I playing with block chain technology to improve their business processes or backing some crypto related start ups, while completely ignoring the monetary quality of Bitcoin as store of value.

>The hype level caused it to jump to $1200, but now it's dropped to $450. So where's the hype?
These huge swings are normal when one puts them into perspective to the huge increase in value. Today $200 - $400 is considered a relatively low-average Bitcoin price, while back in April 2013 people's minds where absolutely blown when Bitcoin reached $100 or $150. The anchor price has moved up considerably.
>>
>>1004791
> he doesn't know a thing about crypto currency
>>
>>1008048
Nocoiners BTFO
>>
>>1007520
Not really. You missed the point entirely. No one is trying to sell you anything.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.