[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the college bubble burst in the next 10 years? I can either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1445216134919.jpg (185KB, 1100x654px) Image search: [Google]
1445216134919.jpg
185KB, 1100x654px
Will the college bubble burst in the next 10 years?

I can either go into a master's/phd program after I graduate or straight into wagecuckery. I prefer the academia route, but if colleges are going to downsize heavily soon it's not worth it.

PhD program is literature, but I am also majoring in statistics. I'm not so stupid as to put all my eggs into one basket.
>>
>>1002847

A Masters is still going to be worth more than a bachelors even if you don't learn anything.

Just don't end up overpaying for that shite.
>>
>major in statistics
>wants to get a Doctorate in Philosophy

top kek
>>
>>1002909
STEM is useless.
>>
>>1003138
Ok
>>
>>1002847
literature??? come on

It's the complete opposite of STEM
>>
>>1002847
What kind of jobs can you do with a masters in Literature?
>>
What college degrees are even worth getting now?

I hear a lot of companies hire, say, a skilled self learned programmer over an ok programmer who has a "comp sci" degree, so that to me says comp sci degrees aren't worth getting.

Any similar degrees where skill > degree as far as employment outlook is concerned?
>>
>>1005557
hr people are trained monkeys, how do u think they're going to find a "skilled self learned programmer"??
>>
>>1002847
oh the irony in this picture
>>
>>1002847
The bubble will burst, so I highly recommend you get a masters ASAP. You could still be a wagecuck, but you'll likely get promoted much quicker than with a Bachelors alone.
>>
>>1005748
im not seeing it
it's a corny silly image but what's ironic about it
>>
>>1005768
He probably means the man-hating picture, since the entire thing is hating on woman.
Basically proving the creator of that graphic isn't any better than a woman.
Irony.
At least I think, that's what he meant.
>>
>>1005822
wow lol that is pretty ironic
>>
>>1005822
Yeah, the ironic thing was that the creator of this image presumably (or is likely to) hate women whilst he accuses women of hating men.

>Basically proving the creator of that graphic isn't any better than a woman.

Very close but the point is that the creator is a hypocrite for accusing a group of stereotyping and hating others when his entire picture is about stereotypes and how he hates women.
>>
There is no college bubble, that is a meme.
people will always seek training and education in fields to distinguish themselves over others.
>>
>>1003976
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jobs+for+masters+degree+in+literature
>>
>>1005557
>I heard
First mistake.

Take some programming courses and you will quickly see that all programmers are self taught. The school portion is more of a teacher pointing you in a good direction and facilitating tests. for every hour you are sitting in class you are spending 4-5 at home learning wtf you "learned"
>>
>>1005980
This
Literature is super over saturated with would-be professors, though. If you don't suck cock for dat nepotism or blow your thesis out of the goddamned water, no hope.
You might be better off going into academia for statistics
>>
>>1005980
way to shit everything up. We college students are supposed to be shilling for trades so our degrees don't get saturated.

but seriously though, if you make a C in your first semester save yourself the time and debt and get into a trade.
>>
>>1006002
>implying C in my engineering course is going to stop me
My university has 95% job placement rate and the engineering ave. Is definitely under 3
>engineering and business school
>>
>>1005960
it's true though, most women at liberal colleges do hate men thanks to the garbage their professors teach them
>>
>>1006362
Wow, learn that from a faux news story, did you?
>>
>>1006364
wow, you're a self-hating loser, arent you?

I always forget that 4chan is so liberal
>>
>>1006152
keyword is first semester. It is expected to struggle in later semesters. Shit just gets harder later on. If you are doing stem. not sure about other degrees.
>>
>>1006372
I think you forget the part nobody is supposed to accept your fantastical bullshit just because you said it.

Welcome to anonymous discussions.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.