[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Applying for really amazing job. > Already have good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

> Applying for really amazing job.
> Already have good job. But, want MOAR!
> New job pays like $250k/yr!
> It's not wrong to lie about a few minor skills.. Right?
>>
>>1002578
Are you trying to ask something or are you quoting?

Lrn2greentext
>>
Asking.. Sorry.. I was trying to be too clever..
>>
>>1002587
>being this new
He's quoting his own thoughts.
>>
How minor, op?

Big difference in saying "I know html adequately" and "I got a 280 on my LSAT in my senior year at Yale."
>>
Pretty minor. ITIL and COBIT. The basics of those skills are to figure out the requirements before you recommend a solution, then iterate back. I've done it without knowing that it's an actual thing for years.. But, there's a "structure" to it that I don't know (but, am learning). Honestly, it just spells out what you should be doing anyways.

Minor.
>>
>>1002597

I actually got a 156 on my LSAT.. 70th percentile. Not mentioning it as I don't think it's fantastic....
>>
>>1002601
280 is an impossible score, don't worry, I was just being hyperbolic.

Get certified and paperwork and know that stuff cold as soon as you can.

Mazel tov on the good job and good luck on the hunt for the new one, bud!
>>
>>1002600
If it's really so minor, they won't mind bringing someone otherwise qualified up to speed. They're not paying 250k for some basic shit like that.

Suppose you think it's minor but it's a huge deal to them. Guess what comes up during the interview making you look like an idiot?
>>
>>1002604

I'm going with the "they're not paying $250k for that.." They're paying for the years of experience in knowing what shit should be doing/the right way of doing it/the ability to lead, plan, implement, and organize. Also, delegation, team building, etc.. Management stuff. Knowing a framework that's available on templates isn't exactly $250k work.. Right??
>>
>>1002600
>>1002606
If these things are so minor then why don't you just go into the interview and if they ask say you're working on them?

In such a significant position they shouldn't care if you don't have 1 or 2 insignificant certificates or whatever and would value honesty over lying to be the 100% perfect candidate
>>
>>1002578
That picture is such horseshit. I've helped people at work before only to have them talk shit and walk over you in return.

Fuck other people, help yourself.
>>
>>1002578

Getting caught is what's wrong.
>>
>>1002578

> That image.

More like, "successful people, pretend to want others to succeed, but really want competitors to fail and other people to help them get richer"
>>
>>1002578
>Job
LOL slave.
>>
>>1003185
>at work
that's your problem right there buddy
>>
fuck that, i want all of my adversaries to bite the bust
>>
>>1002600
>COBIT
Is this some sort of programming shit? What is your job?
>>
>>1002578

Please lie and post results. I will be more than happy to see you failed.
>>
>>1003326
Yeah. I learned the hard way.
>>
>>1002600
I'm ITIL Foundation certified. None of that shit made sense, it's all bullshit technicality management crap. I have no idea why they had me do that as a help desk guy, but it helped me leave their company to become a sys admin

Certs look great.
>>
>>1004411
>COBIT
That's a PM cert.
PMs get paid alot to do the following
* Get fired after their first project
* Get cucked by their bored wives
* Create Excel spreadsheets
* Import and export excel sheets to other enterprise products
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.